Community Forums > Movies & TV

Rate the last movie you've seen

<< < (1059/1309) > >>

ShyGuy:
I finally watched Interstellar and it's my least favorite Christopher Nolan movie. The runtime was too long and it is a bleak, bleak movie.

Was Anne Hathaway supposed to impregnate herself over and over to ensure the human race's survival?

oohhboy:
LOL, hell no(Interstellar). They have artificial wombs. If getting Anne pregnant over and over again was true they should have sent an all women crew. If she wants to give birth to one I don't see why as she risks death leaving no body to look after the first batch.

I love Interstellar as it harkens back to the day of 2001: A space Odyssey without being boring as all hell. I acknowledge what 2001 achieved, but it felt like watching a real time trip to Jupiter, so very very slooow(no doubt intentional). I am not sure what you could cut from Interstellar without destroying it. I have seen movies where you can throw away an entire plot line without issue(Char's counter Attack's Quess story line, everything in the SW PT). Interstellar moves at a pretty brisk pace covering alot of territory.

I can see why it is your least favourite Nolan movie. For me it is Batman Begins. While it thankfully rebooted Batman, I am just sick to death of origin stories.It is also his least confident movie because of that. With a couple of small changes he could have gone straight to Dark Knight.

broodwars:
I watched the Batman v. Superman Ultimate Edition for the first time today and...I liked it (and no, I didn't see the theatrical version). I didn't love it, and it has a TON of problems (not the least of which is trying to clumsily cram about half a dozen different stories into one movie), but I enjoyed my time with the film. I'll at least give it this: grim and grey as it is, I appreciated actually seeing a director's vision on-screen, compared to the factory-assembled Marvel movies. I actually really appreciated that the film had moments of quiet where the film could just breathe. Not the worst foundation for future films, though I'm glad the far more competent people in charge of the TV division are spearheading things going forward.

BranDonk Kong:
Ghostbusters - 6.5[/10]

It was pretty enjoyable, but it's definitely more of a comedy than the original run, and lacks a real sense of danger for the most part. If this was the only Ghostbusters movie ever made, it would be almost immediately forgotten though. One thing that was kind of nice was that Leslie Jones didn't play the same person they cast her as in almost every SNL skit. The old ladies sitting next to me (and most of the audience, to be honest) was laughing throughout nearly the entire movie. I think the only part I actually laughed at was the commend "you killed a pilgrim. Good summer movie I guess...just nothing really memorable. It reminds me more of the live action Scooby Doo movies.

Plugabugz:
Star Trek Beyond was better than i was expecting. I do like the shiny white design of this alternate timeline Enterprise compared to the beige of the TNG era (but doesn't age quite as well as the worn-out look of DS9 and Stargate Universe).

I do think Krall could have been fleshed out more. Quite a touching tribute to Spock Prime i felt. The story was simpler and more straight forward and starting to nudge back to a more "star trekky" feel... although slowly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version