Author Topic: The Animal Crossing Trading League: Badge Quest! 4 Gold Badges Still to Acquire.  (Read 214715 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Update:

Decided to update this original post in case anyone new checks out this thread and wants to know what it is about. This was a league to complete the in-game catalogue and acquire all items. The mission was for all involved to have a complete catalogue but most dropped out before it happened. I stuck to it though and was able to get all items.

With my complete catalogue though, I'm still willing to help any other players out there on NWR acquire any item they may still be looking for and add it to their collection. If there is an orderable item, I can order it for you. If the item is unorderable though, you only have two options. One you can just visit me to pick up the item, drop it and add it to you catalogue if that's all you want. But if you want to have a copy of it for yourself, then I'd be willing to duplicate it through the duplication glitch that exists for this game. None of my unorderables are for sale. I'm keeping them as master copies to dupe for those who would like a copy.

That's about it. I'd like to thank all who helped me in being able to get a full catalogue. A big, big thanks to Dan Laser, my main trading partner. Thanks as well to Mop it up, and Stratos who helped get this thing rolling in the beginning and would assist me with other things from time to time after. Thanks to Pokepal148, Fatty_the_Hutt, and Unclebob who also were able to help me out on a few special occasions. Animal Crossing is not a game one can "complete" on their own so I'm grateful that these members and other individuals I came into contact with on other forums were willing and able to assist me on this.

Now please enjoy this thread and the timeline of my beginnings of this game to its end.

(Original Post)

So, this might get moved to the matchmaking thread but I posted it here on the chance it will get a few more eyeballs than in the Matchmaking Forum.

I'm not sure what you've been doing in playing the game but for me, every day I go to the shopping district and if there are new clothes and furniture I don't have in my catalogue, I purchase them and then just sell them off quick at Re-Tail at a low cost or fill in an empty display at the flea market and get a peice refurbished if possible.

I do so in the hopes of eventually earning the catalogue badge. However, it occurs to me that a faster and more useful thing to do would be to send out the stuff I buy to someone else and they can send me new stuff I haven't seen yet. By getting that stuff, my catalogue will grow some more and I can speed up the completion of it.

But I'm not sure if anyone else would be interested in this scheme. If you are, post in this thread and we can start working out the details. The only real drawback I can see is that it might slow down your growth of the T&T Shops if you aren't purchasing that much from them but with the amount of items available, I think you could still end up purchasing enough to keep them growing while doing this.

So, anyone interested?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:56:53 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: Brotherhood of the traveling furniture.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 12:48:24 PM »
I'm game. I was just using them to exploit my gullible townies by charging exorbitant prices and 'reassuring' them they were getting a good deal. I can usually make a profit off of the original item price. I would rather fill up the catalog. I am always tight on space so any way to pass off the stuff is welcome to me.

I don't have you as a 3DS friend yet, what's your code?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 02:36:02 PM »
Yeah, my re-tail is always stocked full of stuff but it's slow to make a sale. Like 1 a day. Also, had a citizen say no when I urged them to buy it. I've since learned that Reese only gives you a quarter of what you've paid for the furniture when you sell it to her. Now whenever I put stuff for re-sale, I just times her suggested price by three. I know I'm taking a loss but I haven't had a rejected sale since and as long as the citizens are always happy they got a good deal, I figure it will help contribute to a happy town.

My code: 0559 - 6832 - 7473

I can also send other stuff besides furniture like clothing or stationary and other items like that.

Which is easier for you? A list of things you do not have or a list of things you do have? Or just start sending stuff willy-nilly?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 10:15:35 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 03:06:38 PM »
I like the idea of willy-nilly. I'm not well versed on what I have in my catalog outside of the furniture I want and it seems like an large effort to type out everything I have. I just got the '20% of catalog complete' badge so there's a good chance I don't have something. Do you want to just send 5 items a day? We don't want to flood each other's mailboxes and not get all our items (this lets us still max out the 5 HHA items if we wanted).

We could guide our willy-nilly-ness but mentioning sets of furniture/clothing and trying to send those items first.

I have the full 'Sleek' set including wall/floor. I am looking for the exotic furniture and rococo.

Unless you mention something specific I will start by sending you two furniture, two clothing and one wall/floor.

Do you like that idea? If you do want a list of everything I'll do a list on Saturday.

My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 09:19:11 PM »
Sounds good. I can give you a list of items I've bought each day or currently have and you can select from that. Shame about the rococo. I had a couple pieces and sold them. That said, I think I might have an HHA house with some in them and could order in some to send your way. Right now, I'd take pretty much everything except spooky furniture. I think I have the whole set except maybe one piece.

As far as clothing goes, I've almost finished up with Kicks footwear. I've actually copied off some websites the whole lists of furniture and clothes and have been checking them off every time I buy stuff to keep track of it instead of always consulting the catalogue. I can post a list of what is left for that.

As silly as it sounds, dresses are the type of clothing I can use more of. I don't think the game puts many out with my character being a guy so that list is still pretty bare.

I can do the same pattern as you. 2 Furniture, 2 clothing, 1 wall/floor. I'll try sending some tonight and see how it works out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 09:31:37 PM »
I'm almost off of work for the night. I can't access the Wi-Fi on Sundays because the password resets but the person who tells us isn't in until Monday. It won't let me add you without an internet connection. I don't even know if I CAN hook my Wi-Fi to the network. I'll try next weekend. But when I get home I'll add you and send any random stuff I can get tonight.

I'll try copying and just removing the stuff I have. Much easier than catalog browsing. You get the list from the Thonky guide?
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 11:02:28 PM »
Yeah. I used Thonky for most lists. I think I got a couple other things elsewhere. The Thonky guides aren't always complete though as I've got items that weren't on the list. I've been meaning to cross reference it against some other guides but it's a lot of work and haven't had the desire to do so yet.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 11:55:19 PM »
I'm not sure I understand your plan. Are you going to visit someone's town and drop off items, and then the person you're visiting drops items for you?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 11:47:51 AM »
Dangnabbit. I thought I could send out letters to people on my friend list but after looking into it, you can not. I guess visiting each others towns is the only solution. I'll load my pockets up with the stuff, dump it all and then take the other person's stuff.

Oh well. I need to visit more towns anyways for that badge so I guess it helps out. Trouble will just be arranging a time to meet then. For some reason, when I first learned about mail in the game, I thought it allowed for sending letters to other players. Guess I just discovered what the Wii U sequel will bring to the table.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 05:39:06 PM »
You know how much time I spent playing around in the game trying to get a letter and gift mailed to you? What a bunch of crock. Why can't I send you a message? Or someone on my 'best friends' list.

We can do a visit for sure each weekend. I work 7am-7pm Sat and Sun...assuming I can get my 3DS on the secure network. I'll be trying this weekend. If not then one of those nights would have to do. We could get a group rotation going if we get anyone else involved.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 07:29:54 PM »
Aww. Sorry about that Stratos. I really thought you could send e-mail to friends like that.

But yeah. Weekends should be no problem to connect. For me, mid afternoon always seems to be free but even the later evening hours should not pose a problem. I guess we can figure it out more as the weekend approaches and maybe some other people will join in before then as well.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 09:15:39 PM »
No sorry necessary. I'm more bothered that this series has been around for nearly a decade and you still can't exchange mail with your non-animal friends.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 06:16:04 PM »
The thing is, in City Folk, you actually could send letters to your registered friends over Wi-Fi, and even include an item in them. So, this is actually a feature removed from New Leaf rather than one that never existed. The only way you can send a letter to a friend in New Leaf is to visit their town and use their post office, but if you're in someone's town already, there's no point mailing them an item.

Anyways, I could get in on this too. Perhaps we could find a day and time to all gather in someone's town for a big exchange? I haven't played in a bit, so it'd be nice to get back into things, although my town is going to be a mess...

Khushrenada, would you like any fruits? I have them all.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 06:31:01 PM »
You're welcome to join in Mop it up. The more we have, the larger the selection of goods to keep swapping among us all and hopefully the faster we get through the catalogue.

My town fruit is cherry. The only other fruit I have is a single apple and 2 lychees but I haven't bothered to plant them as landscapping gardening is something I was going to tackle much later. That said, I could probably take them now and just stick them in a storage area until I want to use them.

I just posted this on Backloggery but I'll mention it here. My plan of attack has been to get my shopping district complete and my house fully expanded. That includes stuff like The Roost and getting Katerina to open up shop as well. Still waiting for someone to request a police station so I can build that also. With the Town shopping set-up, I would then fund all bells into my house expansions and get that complete. Once that is done, I'll figure out how I want to decorate things and get the HHA points and badges.

From that point, I'll finally focus on landscapping and decorations and other public works projects. Then with the my town set-up through my grand leadership, it will just be a matter of accomplishing any other badges like visiting other towns and having visitors and completing the catalogue.

Of course, while this is going on, I still have my museum to fully stock. Still need around 12 fossils, only have 2 pieces of art, and a bit over 50% of fish and bugs. My citizens need me and I intend to be the best mayor they've ever seen. As you can see, fruit growing is further down the list.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 06:36:52 PM »
Also for Stratos, I picked up an Exotic Wall Shelf that was in my Nookling shop so I've got that to trade to you since you are looking for exotic stuff. I had an exotic screen a few weeks back but sold it to a villager through Re-Tail. Could order one in if you need it.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 06:37:20 PM »
What fossils do you need Khushrenada? I've got a huge stockpile that I've saved in case people needed them, but few people have so far, and I was then just going to sell them. But lucky you, I haven't sold them yet!

Would you like me to bring you every fruit besides cherry and apple and lychee, then?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 06:40:59 PM »
Sure, bring all the fruit. But then I want furniture after that.

I will have to go find a fossil list and go through it to see what I need as I'm not sure off the top of my head.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 12:37:28 PM »
My plan of attack has been to ...etc.
I love how methodical your approach is, Khush. My plan of attack was to **** around and do fun **** that occurred to me at the time. I did a LOT of neat stuff, now I have mostly moved on from this game at present. I'll probably go back to more regular playing but not for awhile.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 02:09:27 PM »
Ha ha. Well, that's the great thing about the game. It is open to your interpretation of how it should be played. But with so much to do, I want to focus on certain areas at a time and accomplish so that if I put this game and come back, I don't have to figure out what I've done everywhere but just in certain parts.

I took a look at my museum and with another two fossils donated today, I'm down to 10 left that I need. They are:

Amber                 Individual
Apatosaurus   Tail
Diplodocus   Skull
Fern Fossil   Individual
Megaceros   Torso
Pachysaurus   Torso
Peking Man   Individual
Spinosaurus   Tail
Stegosaurus   Tail
Velociraptor   Torso

So, if you have those ones Mop it up, I will gladly accept them.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 12:16:34 PM »
Played for about an hour and a half last night. Yup, still addictive.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 04:41:23 PM »
I have a museum room dedicated to duplicate fossils. You can have any you want. Don't know which they are as I stopped tracking once I completed my fossil collection.

Do we want to have a person host?Each person gets a quadrant of the town and lays out their items on the ground and everyone can just wander around and pick up the items. then if we find any items we want to hold on to we can just keep them.

I'm having login issues with the site so I may go awol for extended periods of time. I can only log in on my work computer.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 06:13:10 PM »
I was thinking we could all visit each other's towns. Everyone just lay out there stuff in a section. And then we'd meet at one town. The visitors would pick everything up. We move to the next. Visitors pick everything up. And we move to the last. Pick everything up. That way, we don't have to worry about going back and forth to lockers, we have time to get all our stuff laid out ahead, won't have to keep track of who's stuff is who's and can get a little closer to the badges for having vistors to your town and going to other towns.

Do you still want rococco furniture? I could have the whole set for you by the time you visit tomorrow evening unless you want something else.

So, is it just you and me or is Mop it up joining in too?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 06:33:56 PM »
I would love to get the rococco furniture still. I'll be ordering everything I can over the next day.

PS-I cannot connect to the WiFi at work with my 3DS so it will have to be after I get off of work (7pm PST).
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 07:34:51 PM »
Ok. Currently, that time or thereafter is still fine with me. I guess we can check in here around that time to make sure everything is still a go but at the moment, I'm in.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 08:04:31 PM »
If you're meeting tonight then no, I can't make it, but if you're meeting tomorrow then it might work.