NWR Interactive > TalkBack

Expansion Pass Announced For Breath Of The Wild

(1/9) > >>

Shaymin:
Both versions can add on more content throughout 2017.http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/44110/expansion-pass-announced-for-breath-of-the-wildFor the first time ever, a mainline Zelda game will offer downloadable content.Nintendo announced today that both the Wii U and Switch versions of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will feature an "Expansion Pass" available from day 1. For US$19.99/€19.99/£17.99, the pack will unlock three new treasure chests in the Great Plateau area immediately upon purchase, which contain exclusive clothing with a Switch-inspired design and "useful items".The second part of the pass will launch in summer and add a hard mode, additional map features and a Cave of Trials challenge area. The final portion, slated to release before the end of the year, includes a new dungeon and story elements plus additional challenges.Unlike previous Nintendo content bundles such as the Mario Kart 8 bundle, the Breath of the Wild packs will not be sold separately.

Lemonade:
Wont be sold separately? I wont be buying it then. Maybe I will change my mind af the end of the year when the second pack is out and people say the new quest is good.

Soren:
Nintendo just put hard mode behind a massive DLC paywall. I don't want to hear a word from anyone on this site trying to convince me that they're not attempting to nickel and dime off the backs of their hardcore fans.

Thestrategery:
Putting hard mode behind the pay wall is disappointing. Although I am not apposed to having additional content added later in the games life since it'll give me a reason to come back and visit it again. This is a first for them and hope they make it a substantial addition, for $20 it sounds like a good deal. Much better than what some other games charge for additional content.

I am wondering what the additional map feature could be though.

NintendoDad:

--- Quote from: Lemonade on February 14, 2017, 08:59:51 AM ---Wont be sold separately? I wont be buying it then. Maybe I will change my mind af the end of the year when the second pack is out and people say the new quest is good.

--- End quote ---
Why would you ever want to buy this but not the main game?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version