Author Topic: 1 year anniversary of Monster Hunter Tri game day with Nintemple.com and NWR  (Read 14799 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Well I was chatting over on Nintemple.com and it was brought up that Monster Hunter Tri is nearing its 1 year release so I figured we could do a game day to celebrate.

Well Monster Hunter Tri is nearing its 1 year anniversary for the game and I figured it would be a good chance to play together.
So all day on April 20th 2011 I'd like to have a game day. Here is the main info you need to read and post.

The meeting room will be Greed 4, Gate 27, City 27. If we have more than 4 people show up we can just use city 28,29 and so on for any extra players.

Since it is going to be all day that day this should work for most people.April 20th 2011 falls on a Wednesday.

Also list your Forum name,Game name, ID and HR so we know you can play then.  I'll edit this with everybodys info when we get more players.

Hunters playing.

Maxi-M8MT1K Hunter Rank 277
GK-ECA91U Hunter Rank 108
Kytim89(TRUNKS) Hunter Rank 50
noname (Lara)
Mop it up (Damsel) Hunter Rank 51+
Toruresu 
apdude (Tariq) HR 44
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:49:44 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
GK (G K) - ECA91U

Just in case anyone was interested...

WiiSpeak: Yes
Keyboard: No

Willing to Skype if asked.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 08:56:02 AM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Okay just sent out lots of PMs about this. Also the reason I am asking for HRs is because I am wondering if when the day comes I know to have a High rank room or not.I know most of us here are High rank but I just want to keep track of everybody for my sake.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 09:18:39 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
Makes sense. Would help to avoid lower ranked guys no one knows from crashing the party to beg for help.
Mission...complete?

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
This sounds awesome.

I wonder if Capcom will run any special quests for the anniversary?  I wonder if Capcom cares?

Stupid moving.   :@
NNID: ejamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Sorry you can't play then ejamer. Have a good move. :)
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Kytim I have no idea on what your ID number is. Would be great if you would post it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Lets see I got some PMs back yesterday and some good news and bad news. The bad news is that Halbred and thatguy can't play.Good news is that Kytim and I think Toruresu can play then. Also many other PMs were sent out but I haven't gotten back any responses back yet.

So Toruresu and Kytim if you can post your Game name, Capcom ID, and Hunter Rank I would appreciate it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
I'm skeptical that I'll be able to make it on time, but I'll do my best!  I'll post my info once I have some free time: I'm using this post to remind myself.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
I'm going to be a later comer to the party, noname. If anyone is still on in the midnight(est) range, I'll be there for ya.
Mission...complete?

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
I'm going to be a later comer to the party, noname. If anyone is still on in the midnight(est) range, I'll be there for ya.

I can definitely make it by then!  ;D

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Midnight EST would actually probably work out best for me, so have no fear if you are late! I shall be there.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
I have hockey on wednesdays, but I will try to be on at some point.

I think I'm HR47 but it's been a while hunter name is tariq

Offline noname2200

• View Profile

Come now, our team will be blown away by the mighty Kings, so there's no need to watch!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Well we are about a week away from the game day.Signups are pretty good at this point. Later today at Nintemple.com at around 8pm EST I will be talking in the chat like I usually do. If anybody wants to join the chat you are free to do so. Likely talking about this event and maybe playing Tri then.We shall see. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
About 3 days till the start of the game day. Please if you haven't posted your info do so now.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
I don't remember my rank but it is above 50 and that's all that matters anyway.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile

Come now, our team will be blown away by the mighty Kings, so there's no need to watch!

Such little faith.  I was actually talking about my roller hockey team game which I just found out is at 11pm (pacific) that night (yuck).  I'll probably be on earlier in the evening then.  I may do some grinding this week to make sure I have enough potions and stuff for the day.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Yeah we are 2 days away from the game day. I do need to restock on some things as well.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
1 day away of the gameday. What a time to get sick. I started throwing up last night so I won't be on as much today. Please if you haven't already done so post your info and if anybody else wants to sign up post your info and I'll add it sometime later tonight or first thing in the morning. I'll try to be on tomorrow.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
Heh remember, this time last yeah I had a bad cold & was sneezing over Wii Speak. Getting the sniffles again this year but I think it's more allergies this time around.
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Yeah, I remember the good ol' Wii Sneeze accessory. But hey, it will be just like old times!

I hope you feel better soon, Maxi.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Thanks Mop it up and GK. I'm feeling a lot better than I was. I'll probably get on now.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:11:34 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Okay I have the room open.It is a High rank room. So if you are HR30 or lower message me in game and give me your info.I'll swap out the room if needed.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
I'll be on after work ~6pm pacific.  By the way I'm actually only HR44 after going on the other day to double check.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Okay apdude I'll see you then.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Appreciate the invite, Maxi, but I'm pulling in 60-80 hour work weeks while finishing up my final Masters course, so now's definitely not a good time.

Also, i've only gotten a total of 3 hours in Monster Hunter Tri, and haven't even gone online yet :P:

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Well when you have time in the future let me know.I don't mind helping out new players.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I'm going to take a little break.I'll be back on at 5:30 PM pst.

Edit:Getting back on now.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 08:30:48 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
I should be meeting you guys in about an hour. Good hunting!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
We have a full room now. Me,apdude,noname2200 and Mop it up are in Greed 4,Gate 27, City 27. Any extra hunters need to go to City 28.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
On my way(in a bit)
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
We have room now.apdude just left.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
just left theres room for 1.  Thanks for playing everyone.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Glad to have you.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I'm done for the night.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
So was it fun?  Any tales of heroic hunts or costly mistakes?

I got all itchy yesterday, and thought it was some kind of allergies or rash... then realized it was just withdrawal manifesting.  *Sigh*   Moving bites.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Yeah it was pretty fun. I guess a heroic hunt would have been me and apdude going up against a Barioth with only swords and shields. Flashbombing Barioth out of the air when it was trying to escape was nice to see. Also Coffeewithgames joined up and he really only had Ludroth armor and he wanted to try versus Agnaktor. I gave him instructions to stick to its tail and stay away from its mouth.

I did forget to do the solo Deviljho quest with witnesses but most of the day it was players that couldn't join a Jho quest which I didn't mind.

Sadly not many from Nintemple.com could join us. NinSage had to go to New Jersey I learned the week before the game day.The rest that had the game really hasn't jumped online yet or was in another country with very different timezones. There was someone named t in one of the rooms but I I didn't reconize him. If he was from Nintemple.com he should have said so.

Overall it was pretty fun. Maybe a few months down we can do a tourney with it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Yep, it was nice to see a few of you again.

Don't worry ejamer, I'm sure we'll still be around when you get settled in.

Offline coffeewithgames

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
    • Coffee with Games
Also Coffeewithgames joined up and he really only had Ludroth armor and he wanted to try versus Agnaktor. I gave him instructions to stick to its tail and stay away from its mouth.

I had a blast!  Almost every monster we hunted, I had never seen before.  Thanks for the hunts and helping me level up!
Drinking coffee, playing games!
http://coffeewithgames.com/

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Also Coffeewithgames joined up and he really only had Ludroth armor and he wanted to try versus Agnaktor. I gave him instructions to stick to its tail and stay away from its mouth.

I had a blast!  Almost every monster we hunted, I had never seen before.  Thanks for the hunts and helping me level up!
Glad we could help out.
I know you mentioned that you were recording a quest. Did you record all the quests or just that one?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline coffeewithgames

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
    • Coffee with Games
Glad we could help out.
I know you mentioned that you were recording a quest. Did you record all the quests or just that one?

Most of them actually, and already started editing one video.  Might start uploading one tonight.
Drinking coffee, playing games!
http://coffeewithgames.com/

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Glad we could help out.

Most of them actually, and already started editing one video.  Might start uploading one tonight.
That's cool. I'll keep an eye out for them.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
I had a blast!  Almost every monster we hunted, I had never seen before
I wouldn't have guessed, you held your own well. It was actually kind of nice meeting with someone of low rank; I like to use bowguns but I don't have any sets made that can really handle most high-rank stuff, so I use it only during low-rank. That's part of what makes it enjoyable.

I don't play much, but perhaps I'll see you again sometime.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
I'm with Mop it up. Helping out on the low ranks is always a good chance to have some fun with bowguns. Especially since ours aren't exactly the best choices for upper rank hunts. Still, Aquamatic Spark is nuts when I remember to bring the stuff to combine into more Craig shots while wearing that one set that gives me extra Craig power with the Critical Eye I gemmed in there for added measure.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Coffeewithgames has posted a video of one of the hunts we had.First one is the Great Jaggi.I'll post the rest here when he puts them up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eug72_0T_Ok&feature=feedu
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
Not bad. I didn't know we could hide our status bars...
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
I don't think I knew that either. I wonder how it's done...

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I'm not really sure Mop it up.I just checked and there is an option in the option screen where you can turn off the HUD.

New video is up.It is the Rathlos hunt me,Mop it up,GK and Coffeewithgames.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfIR3u-5YPk&feature=feedu
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 03:03:06 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Yay for videos! The move is "done", mostly, but it'll probably be another week before getting a TV.  At least I can live vicariously through YouTubed hunts for now...

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Yeah I can't wait for you to come back ejamer.I have a few youtube channels I like to watch for Tri.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AndrewTooyak
That one is quite frankly the best switchaxe user I've seen on youtube.Has tons of solo runs and nice music videos with switchaxe gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SocialDissonance
Of course the main channel I chat on when it comes to Tri.Since PSN has been down these past weeks the more recent video podcast have been for Tri. The most recent podcast was uploaded today and is a sword and shield podcast.
Alexis, she/her/Miss