Author Topic: Predict When Nintendo Will Unveil the NX!  (Read 34396 times)

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
Re: Predict When Nintendo Will Unveil the NX!
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2016, 03:50:53 PM »
Hm, well, since no one has even said December, then it's time for a "$1 bid" of sorts. I think I'm going to go with:

December 31st, 2016

Kind of more like an exact bid than a $1 bid. Closest with out going over. So, if the conference is Dec. 15, you're over. Could have done Dec. 1 if you wanted to cover all December to yourself.

Regardless, it is now Aug. 15 and so all predictions are locked in. And now the waiting game begins.
Oh nertz, I misinterpreted what you meant by "going over." I thought that meant the reveal day had to be before the date I chose, and not after it. So for example, I thought a December 15th reveal would get me a win, but a January 15th reveal would be a loss for me.

I know it's past the deadline, but with this new information in mind, can I please change my guess to December 1st then? No one else made a bid after I did, so allowing me this change now that the rules were better explained wouldn't negatively affect anyone else.
Not negatively affect anyone else but rise9 who went with November 17th and would lose the month of December then.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2016, 04:40:33 PM »
Everyone else made their guess before I mistakenly chose Dec. 31st, so no one made a guess with my bid in mind. Besides, it was clearly my intent to claim all of December, I just got the direction reversed.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2016, 05:25:03 PM »
The Khushrenada Moderation Regime would like to take this moment to once again remind the community that bribes are fully welcomed and encouraged in getting moderator action happening more quickly and in your favor. Khushrenada Kickbacks - The right choice every time!

It's changed. I figured you were misunderstood what going over meant which is why I brought it up.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2016, 05:27:44 PM »
Hm, well, since no one has even said December, then it's time for a "$1 bid" of sorts. I think I'm going to go with:

December 31st, 2016

Kind of more like an exact bid than a $1 bid. Closest with out going over. So, if the conference is Dec. 15, you're over. Could have done Dec. 1 if you wanted to cover all December to yourself.

Regardless, it is now Aug. 15 and so all predictions are locked in. And now the waiting game begins.
Oh nertz, I misinterpreted what you meant by "going over." I thought that meant the reveal day had to be before the date I chose, and not after it. So for example, I thought a December 15th reveal would get me a win, but a January 15th reveal would be a loss for me.

I know it's past the deadline, but with this new information in mind, can I please change my guess to December 1st then? No one else made a bid after I did, so allowing me this change now that the rules were better explained wouldn't negatively affect anyone else.
Not negatively affect anyone else but rise9 who went with November 17th and would lose the month of December then.

It doesn't matter that much. This isn't a very serious contest and it's not like either of them are going to win anyways with guesses like that. :evil;

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2016, 05:35:08 PM »
I'm expecting September 8th-14th somewhere around there.
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2016, 05:36:34 PM »
Woo hoo! That was $100 put to good use!

Thanks mate. Sorry to complicate things, I should have asked for clarification on it sooner.

As I said though, I think the reveal will happen sooner too. I just don't want to go with the boring, more predictable guesses. And in the off chance my guess is right, I get to annoyingly gloat about it for years to come.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2016, 06:41:54 PM »
Woo hoo! That was $100 put to good use!

Thanks mate. Sorry to complicate things, I should have asked for clarification on it sooner.

As I said though, I think the reveal will happen sooner too. I just don't want to go with the boring, more predictable guesses. And in the off chance my guess is right, I get to annoyingly gloat about it for years to come.

Just like me of what's powering the NX console, and who's really behind the handheld ;)
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2016, 06:44:29 PM »

December 31st, 2016

It doesn't matter that much. This isn't a very serious contest and it's not like either of them are going to win anyways with guesses like that. :evil;
I was pretty much being sarcastic. It didn't bother me one bit.  I just thought it was funny that she said it wouldn't negatively affect anyone else. :)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2016, 03:14:19 PM »
Slow day on the forums today. However, we can announce our first non NX-Expert! Thanks for playing, Hypotheliciously Stogi. Now Ian Sane is in the hotseat. Still no announcement from Nintendo. A lot of people are banking on early September. Are we getting close or will it still be many weeks to go yet?

Forget the console reveal at the moment. Can you imagine the amount of game announcements that are probably going to go along with the console announcement at this point? We may finally have our true Megaton when this announcement and potential Direct finally happens.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2016, 04:27:49 PM »
What timezone do we use for this?  If Nintendo somehow pulls some surprise announcement while it is still Aug 29 in Hawaii do I still win? :)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2016, 04:56:03 PM »
I'm going with the North America Direct here and EST time zone.

You have until Sept. 1, 2016 12:00 AM EST for Nintendo to play the NX Direct or unveil their console in whatever way they choose. Once Sept. 1 rolls around, Caterkiller will have the closer guess and his chance to win begins.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2016, 06:33:10 PM »
I completely disagree with EST. PST because California is the most populous state.

I mainly say this because I got a bullshit late fee from chase bank because it was past 8pm EST, which is stupid because it was the middle of the damn day here in Arizona. And um

http://static.vibe.com/files/article_teaser_images/tupac-shakur-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame.jpg
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2016, 06:48:07 PM »
It probably doesn't matter if it is PST or EST because chances are Nintendo isn't doing the direct at like 2 - 5 AM EST. It's going to be done when both people in EST - PST timezones are likely to be awake and report on it. I went EST because it is more likely to be based around that timezone for when the direct would air in the day.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2016, 07:12:41 PM »
I live in PST so if by some bizarre miracle Nintendo busts out a presentation in that three hour window between PST and EST I'm going to declare myself the true champion... and then probably bitch Nintendo out for doing a presentation with no notice at such a weird time.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2016, 07:44:07 PM »
What if they've already announced it though and everyone instantly dismissed it as a rumour? Obviously this is what has happened!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2016, 11:23:17 AM »
Nintendo has an announcement September 1... a 3DS direct. #HappyEnd
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2016, 11:54:59 AM »
There is no Nintendo NX. There is no nineteenth story. Sorry.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2016, 12:47:14 PM »
Well I lost this contest.

So there's a 3DS direct on September 1st.  What are the odds of Nintendo having a second direct in the same month?  Are we going to have to wait until October or later?  Back at E3 I figured August/September would be the time of the reveal but I don't think that's happening now.  I doubt Nintendo would have a 3DS focused direct and then only a few weeks later would reveal the NX.  I figure the NX reveal will be more isolated.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2016, 02:13:58 PM »
I'm wondering that as well. There has been the rare occasion where Nintendo did 2 Directs in a month. I think it happened once but they were basically at the start and end of the month. It seems weird that they would do a 3DS event and then overshadow it with an NX announcement a few weeks later but it could happen. Still, looks like my October prediction has a chance of making me an NX expert after all but who can say for sure. Nintendo does whatever they want to do.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2016, 03:07:41 PM »
That's why I still stand by my end of October prediction.  The 3DS is the system that's going to make them money for this year so they'd want to still give it some proper coverage before the NX blitz begins.  Plus I still feel they want to get Paper Mario out of the way in early October before finally revealing the NX since I doubt they want to even mention the Wii U's name after the NX is finally revealed.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2016, 03:46:27 PM »
I think they'll officially lower the price of the Wii U when they announce the NX so as to get those off the shelves before the NX is there.  That way, they won't have any chance of competing against themselves.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2016, 04:22:27 PM »
This actually makes me think that the NX reveal is coming relatively soon. I think once Nintendo reveals the NX, they're going to want to consistently devote as much attention to it as possible up until launch, and this Direct seems like a good opportunity to get all their 3DS updates and announcements out there so they can start focusing on the NX soon. It's possible that they announce big, new games for the 3DS, but even if they do I doubt they're coming out this year (so I don't think whatever is announced here will necessarily be competing for attention with an NX reveal). There is one huge holiday 3DS release that they'll want to keep talking about in Pokemon Sun and Moon, but that has been getting its own regular video updates and they could just continue with that.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2016, 07:31:36 PM »
With the 3DS direct announcement, I think over half the predictors are going to be wiped out. Mop it Up may take it all.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2016, 12:33:31 PM »
Another thing to note is that the NX is supposedly coming out in March.  Well if they stick to that, March 31 would be the farthest launch date they could do and that's merely seven months from now.  So are they going to reveal this thing and then launch it five months later?  Four months later?  That's a small window for market it.  Doesn't it need to show up soon?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2016, 12:41:46 PM »
That's why October seems likely and why I went with that as my choice. It's still a six month window so they've got half a year to get the word out.