Author Topic: Super Princess Peach review  (Read 7900 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Super Princess Peach review
« on: November 23, 2005, 10:39:23 PM »
( Article )

I love Princess Peach so much I'm going to make a creepy website about how I'm married to her.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Super Princess Peach review
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 10:42:09 PM »
You may want some tips from Pro666 - he made one of those sites for Daisy ages ago...

Anyway, good review. I'm probably not going to get this right away, but I'll get it somewhere along the road.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Super Princess Peach review
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 11:14:46 PM »
I never *had* such a site.  It's all PGC, baby.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 05:05:25 AM »
Collecting all Toads in order to finish the game? I hope they don't implement something like that into NSMB, it was bad enough in Rayman already.

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 06:34:07 AM »

Pros:
Good ol' fashioned 2D Mario gameplay

SOLD!

Okay, well, I'm insecure.  I play Mario and Pokémon to death, which is enough to bother all my friends, so if I ever do get this, I'm probably not going to play it in a public place.

However, it IS 2D Mario gameplay...when's New Super Mario Bros. supposed to come out again?  >_<

(Pro666's avatar images have actually gotten me...um...interested in Daisy more.  I thought HI I'M DAISY from Mario Kart: Double Dash!! was cute but man...)  

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 06:43:49 AM »
I'm a little disappointed to hear that it's a little easy.  I wish Nintendo would realize that Super Mario World was NOT A HARD GAME.  Yeah some of the levels like Tubular and the Forest Fortress were insanely hard but they were optional levels you didn't have to beat to beat the game.  Nintendo's classic games largely were not that difficult so it makes no sense for them to lessen the difficultly in all their ports and make it impossible to die even once in Wind Waker unless you try to.

The ideal balance for game difficulty is for a game to be hard enough that you're going to die and fail a few times but it's never so hard that you get frustrated and basically require sheer luck to beat certain parts (Super Mario Sunshine I'm looking at you and your sh!tty camera).  Nintendo had this balance on the SNES and it was pretty good on the N64 too.  Why they have tinkered with this balance I'll never know.  Having a really easy game is in some ways just as bad as having an impossibly hard game.  Both make you feel cheated.

Still I am going to buy this game regardless of difficulty.  It sounds pretty sweet.

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 06:47:25 AM »
I am refusing to import this title, when its text heavy and it is coming out in Feb.  Will be getting it when it comes out tho.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 08:46:03 AM »
I wish Nintendo would realize that Super Mario World was NOT A HARD GAME.

After playing Super Demo World I'm forced to agree. SMW is NOTHING.

Nintendo's classic games largely were not that difficult so it makes no sense for them to lessen the difficultly in all their ports

Super Mario Bros 3 seemed more difficult to me. Sure, you don't shrink completely from one hit but the physics seem much slippier than I remember them (feels like playing Sonic), leading to many deaths.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 06:19:22 AM »
"The ideal balance for game difficulty is for a game to be hard enough that you're going to die and fail a few times but it's never so hard that you get frustrated and basically require sheer luck to beat certain parts (Super Mario Sunshine I'm looking at you and your sh!tty camera)."

What the hell are you talking about?  Sunshine's camera was great.  I think you really have no idea what a terrible camera looks like.  A terrible camera would be the one from Sonic Heroes.  Anyway, this "balance" is impossible as everybody has different skill levels.  I mean, I beat master mode once with all pilots and every mission on every difficulty in F-Zero GX.  So suffice to say, things I might consider easy may not be easy for the rest of the game-playing populace.

By the way, Ian, it's nice that you figured out that the exclamation mark kinda looks like a lowercase "I" allowing for a lot of fun filter dodges but I th!nk !t's t!me we bur!ed !t.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 06:53:27 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
I'm a little disappointed to hear that it's a little easy.  I wish Nintendo would realize that Super Mario World was NOT A HARD GAME.  Yeah some of the levels like Tubular and the Forest Fortress were insanely hard but they were optional levels you didn't have to beat to beat the game.  Nintendo's classic games largely were not that difficult so it makes no sense for them to lessen the difficultly in all their ports and make it impossible to die even once in Wind Waker unless you try to.

The ideal balance for game difficulty is for a game to be hard enough that you're going to die and fail a few times but it's never so hard that you get frustrated and basically require sheer luck to beat certain parts (Super Mario Sunshine I'm looking at you and your sh!tty camera).  Nintendo had this balance on the SNES and it was pretty good on the N64 too.  Why they have tinkered with this balance I'll never know.  Having a really easy game is in some ways just as bad as having an impossibly hard game.  Both make you feel cheated.

Still I am going to buy this game regardless of difficulty.  It sounds pretty sweet.

Super Princess Peach wasn't designed as a new Mario game, it was designed to appeal to girls. They weren't trying to make it as hard as classic games.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 07:45:13 AM »
What the hell are you talking about? Sunshine's camera was great. I think you really have no idea what a terrible camera looks like.

A terrible camera is one that hinders you while you are playing the game like the one in Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario 64 DS. I can't count how many times that damn thing killed me.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2005, 08:21:17 AM »
Mario DS's camera is the same, or better, than Mario 64s. I also had no problem with SMS's camera...if I couldn't see I just waited, fixed the camera, and moved on.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2005, 08:35:40 AM »
Unfortunately that was not an option if the ground below you was starting to dissolve.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2005, 08:49:31 AM »
Odd, I never had trouble. Beat it without ease, and I'm not that great. Perhaps you're just used to easy games and need to practice more. Or stop staring at pixelated boobs.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2005, 08:51:47 AM »

Originally posted by: Artimus
Or stop staring at pixelated boobs.

When I died in Mario Sunshine it was always my own fault, so this isn't the reason...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2005, 09:44:36 AM »
That one "secret" where you have to run along a path of dissolving blocks was really annoying IMO, it would've been much easier if the camera didn't start to rotate and force you to constantly change your direction of movement to avoid falling off the path.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2005, 01:15:00 PM »

IMO, it would've been much easier if the camera didn't...

Didn't you know? Nintendo is too poor to be able to afford to make games of reasonable depth/length/quality, so they're all either really easy and short, or they artificially inflate them by making them unreasonably difficult. They have no choice in the matter.

If you don't like it, go enjoy the works of the people making real money, like Naughty Dog and Insomniac, because all the other Nintendo fanboys (in their ever shrinking numbers) are very happy with the situation as it is.

[/half sarcasm]
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005, 03:58:29 PM »
Bold statements coming from the guy with Ashley in his avatar.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2005, 09:18:15 PM »
I thought Naughty Dog and Insomniac made third person shooters, not jump & runs?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2005, 09:36:51 AM »
The whole game is about controlling the camera.
Once you got that down, you loose all camera problems.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2005, 09:42:21 AM »
so she has hard to control emotions...so steriotypical
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2005, 02:29:13 PM »
The camera in mario golf is really frustrating
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2005, 02:36:56 PM »
The camera's far from perfect, but works alright.

Daisy gets eagles.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2005, 02:50:26 PM »
It makes it frustrating to see whether you're making good shots or not unless you hit the replay button over and over again
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2005, 08:28:14 PM »