Author Topic: If your Identity seems to be different....  (Read 7158 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
If your Identity seems to be different....
« on: August 21, 2018, 03:02:22 PM »
... here's a reminder:

Untypical Tuesday & Wacky Wednesday - Probably the most popular and confusing event from last year's Khushrenada Week is back! Once again, usernames and identities will be mixed up. Who will you end up with? Only Khushrenada knows. Feel free to post in or out of “character”around the forums. I’ll also have a couple scenarios for people to play act in Funhouse threads. This would be enacted on Tuesday and Wednesday Aug. 21 & 22 as per the name.

You've been warned about this for a couple weeks. Feel free to check out a Khushrenada Week thread to see what else is on the itinerary. Perhaps there is some things you'd like to participate in and didn't realize were going to be happening like this identity switch.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:22:16 AM by Wino »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: If your Identity seems to be different....
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 03:12:42 PM »
Just a heads-up, but I only visit a handful of places on the forums. I didnt see any notice. I'd have appreciated a heads-up by PM 1st. There were some hurtful things misinterpreted by the name & SIG change that could have been avoided. I mean, it's not the 1st time mods have messed with my profile.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 04:10:00 PM »
Well, definitely not the intent. There is a stickied thread about Khushrenada Week and what it will entail here in General Chat at the top of this forum along with Announcements in the hopes of making people aware ahead of time. But it is true that just posting something doesn't mean users will see it or read it. With over 60 people getting their identities changed, it does make it a bit difficult to PM. Including yourself, I've only had 3 people confused as to what was happening and why their account was adjusted so I feel the heads up has been effective but it's a fair point about sending out a PM as well to further clarify. If an event like this is done again, we can try to get that taken care of.

The ironic thing is that I thought swapping yourself and Ceric's identies might be the safest route to take since I thought you were doing a podcast together and would therefore be friends. By swapping you with a friend then it wouldn't seem like there was any malicious intent behind the swap but I guess I'm unclear of your history on some matters here. Not sure what exactly I blundered into with the change but I do apologize for any misunderstanding and misinterpretation it may have caused. Since this event was targeting and changing a lot of the frequent users and high profile names, I thought you might feel it as rude or mean to not include you in it so it was done in a spirit of caring and good will. If you want to change back, I can get that done for you. Just say the word.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 04:15:21 PM »
I'm not a fan.  Very much leaves things open to misintreptation  and, as mentioned above, could cause some hurt feelings along with other issues.

We learned several years ago that not everyone even appreciates title changes in jest - switching complete profiles around without advance notice, while admittedly fun, just seems like it has a lot of downsides and no real upside.

Shenanigans in the Funhouse are always for good humor, but something forum-wide.... eh...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 04:16:20 PM »
I'll explain the situation when I get home tonight in a PM. It'll make more sense then.  :D
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 04:24:43 PM »
So if pale is a hat thief does that mean he stole me?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 04:28:56 PM »
I'm not a fan.  Very much leaves things open to misintreptation  and, as mentioned above, could cause some hurt feelings along with other issues.

We learned several years ago that not everyone even appreciates title changes in jest - switching complete profiles around without advance notice, while admittedly fun, just seems like it has a lot of downsides and no real upside.

Shenanigans in the Funhouse are always for good humor, but something forum-wide.... eh...

Pale! How you doing?! Looks like you are still rocking the bucket hat look! Good for you!

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 05:48:32 PM »
I'm terrified to post, but here goes.

Edit:  I guess I wasn't awesome enough to swap lol.  Same lil old me.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 05:50:18 PM by Shorty McNostril »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 07:20:01 PM »
You know, Shorty. I actually did have you on my list and have even got your avatar saved in an album with all the others I used to ensure no one lost their avatar and they can get them back after. The problem is this. Your title. You'll notice it is blue in color. If I edit that title or your profile in any way then you will lose that blue. When the forum software made the situation around the end of the PGC - NWR period, the new software prevented us from being able to use color in a user's title along with some other aesthetic features. If you had a title or signature with such code when the swap happened then it was somehow grandfathered in and was able to continue existing on the new software provided no edit or change occurs to the profile.

Years ago, UncleBob edited Pro666 aka NinGurl69*huggles title/profile and lost the red color in his custom title. He felt quite bad about it and I always remembered that moment. Now that I've become a mod, I've been very cautious about editing a profile to make sure it has no remnants that would be lost by my edit. My leaving you out of the switch was to preserve one of those last special titles from PGC days. But, if you are fine with losing the color blue from your title forever (and thus hopefully having the chance to get title changes in the future) then I'd love to throw you into the mix. But only once you are aware of the permanent effect it would have to your profile. I await your decision.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 07:34:33 PM »
No worries, I'm here to mop up any tears and accidentally hurt feelings!

Offline Rodney Dangerfield

• gets no respect.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 07:44:02 PM »
I'm terrified to post, but here goes.

Edit:  I guess I wasn't awesome enough to swap lol.  Same lil old me.

Life's been rough for me too, let tell you. I mean, I know I'm not a good-looking guy. Why on Halloween, I open the door - kids give me candy! Aw, are you kiddin'? I know I'm ugly. I was a very ugly kid too. In my sandbox, the cat kept covering me up all the time, you know... I mean, that's the story of my life. I get no respect at all. Are you kiddin'? No respect at all. Why, when I was born, the doctor told my mother: "I did all I could but he's still gonna pull through, anyway", you know... Ho, it ain't easy....
It's not easy bein' me!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 08:44:33 PM »
By the way, if there is anyone else I've missed out on or wants to join in the mayhem, just post in here like Shorty or send me a PM. Still plenty of time to get in on this forum jumble.

But if you prefer to opt out...

But would you mind telling us why?

No, you don't have to give a reason.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 09:58:10 PM »
Wait do the posts go back to the original owners when the name changes back? If not...well...this could get interesting.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 10:29:47 PM »
Any posts you make under your new name are still your posts. So, yes, even though you may be doing an imitation of another poster eventually these posts will display under your normal name. Thus, there is a limited shelf life to truly enjoy the full effect of some of these posts while being displayed under another name. Otherwise, some are going to look and sound weird in a couple months time. It's like a solar eclipse for the forums. A special event that doesn't last forever.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2018, 10:43:03 PM »
Any posts you make under your new name are still your posts. So, yes, even though you may be doing an imitation of another poster eventually these posts will display under your normal name. Thus, there is a limited shelf life to truly enjoy the full effect of some of these posts while being displayed under another name. Otherwise, some are going to look and sound weird in a couple months time. It's like a solar eclipse for the forums. A special event that doesn't last forever.

or does it?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2018, 04:57:51 AM »
I await your decision.

Ah that's very thoughtful of you.  I appreciate that.  In that case I think I'll leave it as is.  I am quite partial to the blue.  I know it's just a colour but it's somewhat unique.  Maybe in future when this nonsense rolls around again I might bite.

I got this back in the "change the title of the poster above you" thread all those years ago.  Can't remember who it was who gave me this one but I very much approve.

So I assume you actually go through and manually change all the visible details on one's profile?  That must take some time.

Offline Krushrenada

• is an untrustworthy liar NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2018, 11:28:38 AM »
There were some hurtful things misinterpreted by the name & SIG change that could have been avoided.
I'm now picturing him responding to one of his own posts thinking it was something Ceric posted, and ended up arguing with himself.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2018, 02:59:01 AM »
So, apparently the list detailing all the changed identities and user info has been lost so I hope your like your new accounts because it's going to be too hard to change everyone back.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2018, 03:19:19 AM »
So, apparently the list detailing all the changed identities and user info has been lost so I hope your like your new accounts because it's going to be too hard to change everyone back.

Please tell me you are joking. 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 03:30:13 AM by Bill_Aurion »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2018, 05:31:31 AM »
Please tell me you're not hahahahaha!

I'm happy seeing KDR's and other veteran accounts back.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2018, 05:33:16 AM »
Mine was never changed. I feel so left out.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2018, 07:21:42 AM »
Well, I tried to do the best I could off memory but there may have been a few people forgotten. I guess we'll just have to try and keep our eyes open for any issues and accounts that are still swapped.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2018, 07:32:49 AM »
I appreciate the effort Khushrenada.  I did like posting as Bill even though for the first day I didn't really know how to go about it. So I just decided to repost some of Bills posts and anime screencaps and throw out Greeney as well.

Speaking of Greeney I was wondering if there has been a topic where we can make our own emoticons and just have a topic dedicated to them.  This might help bring a bit of flavor back to the forums.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2018, 07:39:21 AM »
The best topic on emoticons can be found by clicking this sentence. S-U-P-E-R did his best to keep these forums interesting and he felt emoticons should be a part of that. Unfortunately, most of his suggested emojis never did get added into the forum code. Still, by having that thread and quoting a post with the emojis in it you can then get the image links to use in your own posts elsewhere. I've done that from time to time.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2018, 12:11:14 PM »
You can probably see why I have trouble believing this is true.

Even if it is though, the forum has a member list. Looks like you'll have to check each one and see which ones are still changed.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2018, 01:37:04 PM »
going to be too hard to change back

Khush just pulled a Bruce Jenner on the whole forums. Epic prank dude. :reggie:
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2018, 02:19:33 PM »
going to be too hard to change back

Khush just pulled a Caitlyn Jenner on the whole forums. Epic prank dude. :reggie:
Fixed!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2018, 05:50:54 PM »
You can probably see why I have trouble believing this is true.

Even if it is though, the forum has a member list. Looks like you'll have to check each one and see which ones are still changed.

Again, as I stated:

too hard

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2018, 07:56:16 PM »
By the way, if there is anyone else I've missed out on or wants to join in the mayhem, just post in here like Shorty or send me a PM. Still plenty of time to get in on this forum jumble.

But if you prefer to opt out...

But would you mind telling us why?

No, you don't have to give a reason.

I guess you didn't see this thatguy?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2018, 08:00:16 PM »
I'm just bummed I got overlooked.

Hey! I told you, you don't get your gun until you tell me your name!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2018, 08:25:39 PM »
Only if you tell me your name. You're not fooling anyone with this Caffeinated Cheese masquerade.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2018, 08:28:11 PM »
It's okay, don't worry about it. I have it worked out.