Author Topic: New Games coming to Wii U idea thread  (Read 2719 times)

New Games coming to Wii U idea thread
« on: March 02, 2015, 03:23:52 PM »
Okay so now that Wii U is no longer a walking corpse on life support and there is a chance for games coming back to the console, lets discuss games we think should come to Wii u no matter how unrealistic they are. Discuss games you think belong on Wii U but aren't, list games you think would be awesome on Wii U and might actually get other people excited for it, and NO Pokemon discussion please that's not productive.

Here are a few games just from my experience I would think are perfect fit for a Wii U even if the powers that be are not exactly interested.

1. Monopoly Party
Something along those lines any multiplayer Monopoly type game not just because I love Monopoly games but Wii U, like all Nintendo consoles before it, is perfect fit for party games. I know Mario Party 10 is going to sell well and I expect it to excite that core demographic for Wii U so would like to see more board game/party games but especially Monopoly.

2. Board games
any board games turned into party games would be fine for that matter. Sure not the ideal most desirable selection but hey we gotta take what we can get and I am hoping for the best here so games like Clue, Battleship, Candyland, etc could all be turned into video games/party games pretty easily. An interactive party game based on Mouse Trap might even be fun.

3. Retro remakes
Sony is kicking ass with these, lots of them so I would like to see more, preferably collections like Metroid Prime Trilogy. Okay not too many but maybe a Kirby collection that collects his better games all in HD remakes. Bring out a Pikmin 1-3 HD remake collection, maybe even something that collects Super Mario 64 with Sunshine and include the DS-specific stuff all redone in HD would be fun. Not over due it but lets get a few more NES Remix and Mario Maker type games too since the resources and coding is likely done those would be easy to tweak. SNES remix is obvious so would be like a Game and Watch thing would be cool too. Maybe an Arcade Remix collection bring in some 3rd parties like Capcom and Konomi and whats left of Sega/Atari to really make it shine.

4. Final Fantasy HD Remakes
I don't want Nintendo or partners to over do it with Hd Remakes but we NEED a Final Fantasy on this console. The ones that make the most sense are complete remakes of 6(3), 4(2), Crystal Chronicles (GC), and a complete HD remake of the GBA and DS games would be great. THE MOTHER  of these is Super Mario RPG but I suspect that will be ditched in favor of another Paper Mario game, which is fine bring it on but still I want a REAL FF game and not just the mainline one that I will be getting on PS4 because there is no chance in hell Wii U gets it, might as well settle for a good remake to hold us over plus for the fun replay/collector value.

5. Classic Collections
I know we had a ton of these on PS2 and Wii has Virtual Console but there is no reason we can'tg et a few classics collected on disc to replace the lousy Virtual Console experience on Wii U. I know Steam has really picked up lately in this area as is PSN so Nintendo could convince a few companies to throw a few more their way especially a Capcom, Namco, Midway, Atari, NEO GEO, and Sega collections they might need to really put some effort into add ons but hey I think there is still a market for those types of games.

6. Sim City
Why is this not a thing on Wii U? They could do again a REMAKE, enhanced port of Sim City Classic, incorporate features from the SNES version too why not, and either base it on the current Sim City engine or return to the original either way Wii U with its Game Pad NEEDS A Sim City game, and other Sim type games while we are at it, maybe some new RTS games too.

7. Diablo 3
I know its a late port but again wouldn't it make sense to have this game on Wii U? I have it on PS4 so its already got late to next gen syndrome so why not one more platform?

8. Star Wars/Disney RPG cross over game
Something like Kingdom Hearts in a way a full fledge RPG or dungeon crawler featuring Disney and Star Wars characters mixed into the same universe. Or a full on Marvel/Disney/Star Wars thing. I know there is Infinity but I am thinking something like Kingdom hearts or similar but no toys involved. I doubt this will happen but it might be cool.

9. More Star Wars games
As far as I can tell there is just the one Angry Birds so thats not going to cut it we need some more action games hopefully something gets announced to tie into the new movie sooner or latter.

10. Since we have done Lego to Death why not Micro Machines? Or even Hot Wheels? I know these games are lame but they tend to do well on the platform and at this point racing games are so thin its almost better than nothing. Still hoping for that 90s Arcade Racer to be a thing but not holding my breath for that.

11. Mario Paintball
I know we are getting Splatoon and I hope it sell so well they actually do decide to create a Mario Paintball game for a follow up. Any paintball game featuring interesting characters would be welcome for the console at this point but Mario Paintball has a real chance if Splatoon is the new Pokemon we are all hoping it turns out to be.* Not literally Pokemon but sales behemoth they desperately need to move Wii U units.

12. Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania, Mega Man, and Shinobi games
A new entry in each of those series would be welcome. brand new tailored for the Wii U audience not the port of the console games the others will likely get. Ninja Gaiden it will be like a side scrolling action game with Tropic Freeze type graphics you know all computer 3D rendered but 2 D game play. Castlevania will be a true to from Metroidvania type Symphony of the Night style2D action platformer specific to Wii u. Mega Man would be a hyrbid game probably a re-imagining of past Mega man games akin to what they are attempting with Mighty Number 9 but set in the proper Mega Man universe. Maybe like a full enhanced modern day remix of the classic games all rolled up into one super game. Shinobi I would settle for anything at this point a clone of the main stream Ninja gaiden, a 2d action platformer, a 3D action adventure, even just an enhanced remake/reimagining of one of the previous games I don't care I just wish of all Sega's properties this one would get a second chance. Golden Axe would be cool too but that is kind of asking a lot.

13. Doom Wolfenstein House of the Dead and Duke Nukem
Just get the ones that are on PSN or find an excuse to make a new game in each or a collection something these games would play well with the Game Pad or wii Remote even. Give me an excuse to keep the Wii remote that isn't just to go into Wii mode.

14. Music generator software
Something that lets you use the stylus to write notes like on sheet music and arrange the sounds how you want, change pitch, tone, timing, assign different stock instruments something along those lines and let you add either stock cartoony characters and graphics to make mock music videos or a full on Nintendo themed orchastra type thing. I real proper music generator that gives you total control of everything. I don't know what Wii Music was like so I don't know if it would be like that or not but something that lets you use the stylus to write in notes on sheet music and create musical works. Maybe let you share your creations online or whatever.

That is all I could think of. Now that Wii U is sort of coming back to life I am kind of getting excited it might have a chance at really getting some fun games now and would like to hear other people's dream ideas. NO Pokemon dang it don't even suggest it.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: New Games coming to Wii U idea thread
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 03:52:33 PM »
11. Mario Paintball
I know we are getting Splatoon and I hope it sell so well they actually do decide to create a Mario Paintball game for a follow up. Any paintball game featuring interesting characters would be welcome for the console at this point but Mario Paintball has a real chance if Splatoon is the new Pokemon we are all hoping it turns out to be.* Not literally Pokemon but sales behemoth they desperately need to move Wii U units.

Did you not see the minigames in Mario Party 10? They've got a Mario Paintball minigame. It's already happening. I like to think it is a bit of trolling in response to people always bringing up this suggestion.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 06:02:36 PM »
More like Nintendo thinks this is exactly what people wanted in a Mario Paintball game so they called the job complete and declared the fans satisfied.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 07:03:30 PM »

7. Diablo 3
I know its a late port but again wouldn't it make sense to have this game on Wii U? I have it on PS4 so its already got late to next gen syndrome so why not one more platform?

GamePad support could have made this an epic undertaking, not sure who thought this would fail on Wii U but I think I hate them.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 07:04:33 PM »
11. Mario Paintball

Did you not see the minigames in Mario Party 10? They've got a Mario Paintball minigame. It's already happening. I like to think it is a bit of trolling in response to people always bringing up this suggestion.

No in fact I did not see any videos for Mario Party 10. I do not watch game play videos hardly ever. All I need to know about Mario Party 10 is that it exists.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 10:16:33 PM »
Okay so now that Wii U is no longer a walking corpse on life support and there is a chance for games coming back to the console
Stopped reading right there.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 11:17:44 PM »
Okay so now that Wii U is no longer a walking corpse on life support and there is a chance for games coming back to the console
Stopped reading right there.

It was a joke you can take a chill pill and read the rest of the thread of all the posters here YOU would have the most to say on this topic since from what I can tell you have the most Wii U games of us all.