Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3140836 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #5775 on: March 06, 2012, 10:38:37 PM »
This may be gibberish from Google Translate, but I think it said UE4 is being demonstrated on Wii U
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-36-16074193-1-0-1-0-la-gdc-2012-n-en-a-que-pour-la-wii-u.htm
Since the opening of GDC Monday morning is the Nintendo Wii U which is usually in the middle of conversations, notes the media monitoring agency Clara, which closely follows the conference in order to award the main trends . "Of all the subjects analyzed, and what are the next Nintendo Wii that generate the most interest of the people attending the conference," the agency noted in a statement. Nintendo has already released details of the U Wii, but what are some developers who should be a little more in the coming days, while the studio Epic Games provides a demonstration of its next generation of game technology Unreal Engine 4 is designed for this new

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #5776 on: March 06, 2012, 10:48:52 PM »
If true, then fantastic.

I can't wait to hear (and see!) more on this development. I really hope this next console is all I need for next-gen. I really don't want to have to buy a "second" console again. Ugh.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: March 06, 2012, 11:09:01 PM »
Go BnM! Maybe Epic is working with Nintendo for once, heh.
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: March 06, 2012, 11:19:08 PM »
Yeehaaa! Getting hyped! I've never played One Game that runs on any UR engine, but I know enough that this is something to be extremely excited for!

Good job bringing us the news BlackNMild, my teachings have been serving you well.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: March 06, 2012, 11:35:24 PM »
They have served me well indeed.

and maybe this will hype you some more

Quote from: IGN Twitter
Wii U's fall line-up is shaping up. The big question - when does the system launch?
https://twitter.com/#!/RichIGN/status/177109941100888064

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: March 07, 2012, 12:24:12 AM »
When does Nintendo GDC kick off?:D

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #5781 on: March 07, 2012, 12:32:54 AM »
The expo floor opens at 10am PST. There's a Super Mario 3D Land talk at 3:30pm.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: March 07, 2012, 12:35:28 AM »
This may be gibberish from Google Translate, but I think it said UE4 is being demonstrated on Wii U
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-36-16074193-1-0-1-0-la-gdc-2012-n-en-a-que-pour-la-wii-u.htm
Since the opening of GDC Monday morning is the Nintendo Wii U which is usually in the middle of conversations, notes the media monitoring agency Clara, which closely follows the conference in order to award the main trends . "Of all the subjects analyzed, and what are the next Nintendo Wii that generate the most interest of the people attending the conference," the agency noted in a statement. Nintendo has already released details of the U Wii, but what are some developers who should be a little more in the coming days, while the studio Epic Games provides a demonstration of its next generation of game technology Unreal Engine 4 is designed for this new

It says that "Epic is expected to demonstrate its next generation Unreal Engine 4, conceived for this new platform [Wii U]."  But yeah, it sounds like UE4 is coming to Wii U.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #5783 on: March 07, 2012, 12:39:21 AM »
I really would like to see Mark Rein bring a compilation disc of Gears of War to Nintendo's next console. I go nuts for third-person shooters. Bah.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #5784 on: March 07, 2012, 09:14:01 AM »
Microsoft subsidised Gears of War, no way will it appear on another console other than one owned by Microsoft.

Mark Rein has made comments about being in conversation of the WiiU specs, so I am sure Epic and Nintendo will have a working relationship this time around.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
ED2 is possible from SK!
« Reply #5785 on: March 07, 2012, 09:16:33 AM »
Is Silicon Knights actually working on Eternal Darkness 2?
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2A5Mp1/www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-03-07-silicon-knights-open-to-new-eternal-darkness
When we questioned him specifically on whether "it's too much to ask" for a new Eternal Darkness, he responded, "I don't think it is too much to ask. Certainly we love Eternal Darkness. It's a project that's near and dear to our hearts."

Dyack noted that the game is "requested a lot by a lot of people" but he also said that he simply can't comment on what the studio is working on right now. When we pressed Dyack on whether a new Eternal Darkness could indeed be what the studio is developing for next-gen, he once again hinted that "anything's possible."

Just remember the original rumor: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=16688.msg705588#msg705588
"The company is currently refocusing and returning to its roots, working on one of its most requested titles for the next generation,"

Let's just hope that if SK is working with Nintendo again, Nintendo is heavily involved in the gameplay portions and maybe task Retro to help out some.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:20:13 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: March 07, 2012, 09:18:11 AM »
So GDC is today right? Where's this thread for all its news I've been hearing about?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5787 on: March 07, 2012, 09:39:03 AM »
GDC topic is here.
You can see here which games use Autodesk. I think they bought out some other companies, so the name itself isn't as well-known.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: March 07, 2012, 10:43:47 AM »
They have served me well indeed.

and maybe this will hype you some more

Quote from: IGN Twitter
Wii U's fall line-up is shaping up. The big question - when does the system launch?
https://twitter.com/#!/RichIGN/status/177109941100888064

I'm sure that would be nice to know, but the price point is more important. Rich, you're an idgiot.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: March 07, 2012, 12:25:51 PM »
If Nintendo can have a successful console that has no restrictive barriers that prevent third parties from making the games they want, then it will be very hard for Nintendo to **** up third party support.  The N64 and Wii had too many hardware restrictions to allow third parties to make the games they wanted to make.  The Gamecube just didn't sell well enough.

It isn't really that Nintendo had to go to the trouble to seek out UE4, they just needed to have hardware that could do that stuff Epic wanted to do.  Epic is a business.  If the Wii U hardware will let them do what they want to do and they think they can make a buck doing it, they'll do it.  Nintendo wouldn't even need to seek them out, they would just come.  Third parties didn't shun the Wii because they hate Nintendo or anything like that.  They wanted to support the Wii because it sold so well but they could not include it in multiplatform development so they had to make a unique Wii product and they only have so much staff so the b-team got it and the resulting game wasn't much of anything and it didn't sell so they gave up.  To make money on the Wii they needed a seperate team just for Wii games and that team had to make product with comparable quality to their other games, which they already had their best guys and the bulk of their budget going towards.  It just didn't seem worth it to them.  Nintendo was essentially asking everyone to make every game twice or make twice the games they wanted to make.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #5790 on: March 07, 2012, 02:23:45 PM »
Must have GDC news! Any idea when reports coming in?

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: March 07, 2012, 05:38:20 PM »
I think the GDC news should get its own separate thread.
is your sanity...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: March 08, 2012, 12:08:50 AM »
Worst GDC ever.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: March 08, 2012, 04:07:42 AM »
Indeed! Unless BnM knows something... that was shown behind closed doors? I need updated Wii U game footage xD E3 is killing me, 3 months. Help us BnM!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: March 08, 2012, 10:00:02 AM »
Indeed! Unless BnM knows something... that was shown behind closed doors? I need updated Wii U game footage xD E3 is killing me, 3 months. Help us BnM, Your our Only Hope.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: March 08, 2012, 12:11:35 PM »
Help us OBnM Kenobi! You're our only hope.
is your sanity...

Offline Snake-Arms

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: March 08, 2012, 08:51:10 PM »
How about the crap contained in this GS topic?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: March 08, 2012, 08:53:40 PM »
BnM mentioned that in the GDC thread but, it looks to be the E3 footage reshown.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Snake-Arms

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: March 08, 2012, 08:57:26 PM »
Help us OBnM Kenobi! You're our only hope.

Just terrible.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: March 08, 2012, 09:42:55 PM »
Who wants to bet that UE4 was running on Wii U behind closed doors during GDC but we haven't heard anything about it because Nintendo killed everyone in attendance!?

....ok, maybe not killed, but certainly cut their tongues out... legally speaking of course.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/339083/unreal-engine-4-to-be-publicly-shown-later-in-2012/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS
Quote from: about Epic
That's what the studio told assembled press at GDC yesterday, adding that the decision to put its UE4 demo behind closed doors - and viewing developers under non-disclosure agreement - at the conference "wasn't our decision".