Author Topic: The Black Wii Watch - JPN? check. EUR? check. USA? May, 2010  (Read 9686 times)

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Wii Watch - JPN? check. EUR? check. USA? May, 2010
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2010, 12:57:45 PM »
I think it would be cool if Nintendo made a transparent Wii like they did at one time with their original Gameboy, where you could see the innards. That was cool, but AFAIK they never did it with any other system since then.

They did it with the N64 too.

Does visible light interfere with reading an optical disc?  That might be why they never did that for the GCN or Wii.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 01:07:32 PM »
It might have with the GC, but the Wii disc drive is in a case like a computer disc drive. completely enclosed in a steel case.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2010, 10:14:10 PM »
Guess who just got a new toy complete with a second black Wiimote w/ M+ and nunchuck!

It's so perty ;D

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2010, 11:52:01 PM »
Me too Bnm, Me too ;)
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 02:02:51 PM »
Check this out!

I want the wheel.... even though I still have yet to get the black CCPro (that MH3 for $30 looks so tempting too)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 02:10:00 PM »
Check this out!

Is that real?

Black wheel is cool, but more importantly, check out the upper right corner of the box--Donkey Kong original edition!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 03:40:17 PM »
Check this out!

Is that real?

Black wheel is cool, but more importantly, check out the upper right corner of the box--Donkey Kong original edition!

You are gonna have to ask someone in Europe to confirm if it was ever released or not. NOA would never be so kind.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2010, 07:54:33 PM »
Don't get too excited, it's still the NES version. And it's likely leftover from the recent red Wii, which came out first and had Donkey Kong pre-downloaded on it.

I think this conforms that it's real:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Console-Sports-Motion-Controller/dp/B004BSFAWU/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1292287934&sr=8-8

There's also apparently a black Balance Board now too:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Console-Balance-Motion-Controller/dp/B004BSFAX4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1292287934&sr=8-2

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2010, 09:04:36 PM »
You are gonna have to ask someone in Europe to confirm if it was ever released or not. NOA would never be so kind.

Shoot--I failed to realize that it's a PAL system.

Don't get too excited, it's still the NES version. And it's likely leftover from the recent red Wii, which came out first and had Donkey Kong pre-downloaded on it.

Actually, you're wrong--it's a version of the Donkey Kong NES game that includes the missing level.  It's totally unique to the European bundle.  See here for more info.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2010, 09:12:23 PM »
I want that Black Balance Board!!!!

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2010, 08:15:19 PM »
I want that Black Balance Board!!!!

How many Wiis do you now own, BnM?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 08:18:54 PM by Kytim89 »
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2010, 08:48:19 PM »

2xWhite & 1xBlack

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2010, 08:54:14 PM »

2xWhite & 1xBlack

If you combine them, you will have three times the motion based controls.  ;D :P: ;)
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2010, 12:17:02 AM »
Check this out!

Is that real?

This was on NWR's home page probably half a month ago, IIRC.  It was featured in an official announcement by NOE about that time.

Ah ha.  Here we are.  I was wrong.  It was over a month ago: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/24442

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2010, 01:54:01 AM »
Check this out!

Is that real?

This was on NWR's home page probably half a month ago, IIRC.  It was featured in an official announcement by NOE about that time.

Ah ha.  Here we are.  I was wrong.  It was over a month ago: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/24442

you realize that that story was posted about 4 hours after the original post I made in this thread right? I wouldn't even be surprised if I had submitted it to the site right after/before posting it here.

In other words.... You saw it here first. ;) :P