Author Topic: Mafia LXVIII: The Animal Kingdom Sign-ups Are Closed!  (Read 7277 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LXVIII: The Animal Kingdom Sign-ups Are Closed!
« on: July 19, 2016, 02:07:44 AM »

Excerpt from The Gazelle Gazette:

The King is dead!

King Vudu the Lion was found dead this morning from an apparent drug overdose. A kingdom wide funeral is being planned for this Saturday to honor the beloved-by-state-decree monarch of the Animal Kingdom. While the animals of the world take a moment to mourn his passing and remember the many things King Vudu was able to accomplish, many of them will also be pondering over what this means for the future of the Animal Kingdom and who will become the new ruler...

Excerpt from The Heron Herald:

Animal Kingdom Leader Race Getting Fierce

One day after Insanolord the Jackass (or Mule as he keeps asking to be referred to) entered the race to be Animal Kingdom's next leader, Khushrenada the Cat has now stepped forward to also state he will be running in the race to be the Animal Kingdom's next great leader. Khushrenada has a history of being able to revitalize areas of stagnation with new growth and ideas as well as fighting for animal rights by continually trying to innovate and experiment against the status quo. However, despite these positives, Khushrenada has his critics with some saying he has ties to a criminal animal underworld and is being supported by the Shere Khan mafia to ensure their interests and stranglehold on the Animal Kingdom. Khushrenada's political rival Insanolord has already stated that electing Khushrenada would bring about the end of the Animal Kingdom and the ruination of everything all animals have been building up and working on for 15 years. Asked about this, Khushrenada just laughed and said, "Animals have been accusing me of these things for years with no evidence to support their claims yet to appear. Facts are that I've done more to build the Animal Kingdom than most and the history of this land backs me up on this. I have no ties to the Shere Khan Mafia and do not know where this spurious slander has come from."

Excerpt from The Insect Inquisitor:

Has Man Entered the Animal Kingdom Again?

Oblivion the Ox was found dead in the Serengeti Swamp. Bystanders say they heard a loud bang before Oblivion's collapse with others saying they saw a shadowy two-legged creature move quickly from some nearby bushes and climb onto a strange wheeled beast that took off at high speed. Police Chief Rin Tin Tin has said that he is still investigating the matter and doesn't want to jump to any conclusion too soon. He asks that the public not become panicked or spooked too hastily because of rumours. Unfortunately, a lemming colony has already run over a cliff in fear from the news and died in what other lemmings are calling a typical Tuesday. Despite calls for calmness from the police, many animals are arming themselves in an effort to provide a measure of security for their wellbeing. With the Animal Kingdom election already causing much divide throughout the land, officials worry that this current climate of fear could lead to a bloodshed if the citizenry are not careful.

Citizenry Arming Themselves:

You've heard the legends. You know the players. Now, for the first time, see the true story of the 2016 Animal Kingdom Election played out in detail with all your favorite animal stars in the Mafia Event of the season, Mafia LXVIII: Animal Kingdom - Cuddly Carnage!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 07:27:54 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
It's finally happening! A new mafia game! Woo!  ;D ;D

The theme for this game is the Animal Kingdom! If you want to roleplay, choose an animal whether real or fictional and enter the fray. Or post your favorite animal pictures, gifs or videos. Just don't be a grumpy cat and not play! Be one of the central players in the 2016 Animal Kingdom election drama!

I'll post a bit more about rules and roles in a moment but for now I wanted to get this sign-up thread going. Hopefully it gives everyone interested a chance to see it and join in on the game.

For now, my plan is to just keep things a bit basic with detective, doctor, 1 mafia and a killer aka man the most dangerous game. However, if a large turnout shows up, I'd love to add a second mafia and make it cats vs dogs for additional flavor.

If you have any suggestions or ideas, feel free to post them now as well.

Sign-ups so far:

TOPHATANT123 - Turtle
lolmonade - Sonic the hedgehog
NWR_insanolord
pokepal148 - kitten?
oohhboy
Dasmos
ThePerm
nickmitch - Rhino
Stratos - Bear
ShyGuy - Eagle
Mop it up
stevey
Hypotheliciously
Lucario - Bilbo
TheNorthSea - Honey Badger
Spak-Spang

There are currently 16 people signed up so far.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 03:23:30 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
The Rules:

(plagiarized from Pyropizm)

Every game day, each player is allowed to vote for whomever they believe is mafia. Since all roles remain anonymous, mafia members will vote along with the townies.

For each game day, a new thread will be made and will open up with a narrative.  Each player then has the chance to vote off another player.  Simply type in BOLD for whom you wish to vote.  You may change your vote as much as you like.

Every night, the mafia is able to make one hit. These are not based on calendar numbers, but rather on game days. The player who is able to send in the hit order will be informed by the host as to who has that ability.

For the townies to win, they must remove all mafia members and "Other" roles from the game.

For the mafia to win, they only need to tie the game. I.E., there are two townies left and two mafia members left. The mafia would also have to remove the "Other" roles just the same as the townies.

For the "Other" roles to win, they would have to fulfill the requirements of their role. Those requirements are explained in that role's description.

Game Days

For this version of Mafia, I thought I'd try an experiment in regards to game days. In past versions I hosted, Mafia game days often lasted 24 hours. For this game, the length is going to vary.

Each game day can last a maximum of 48 hours. However, if the players come to a majority vote and that vote holds for 2 hours, then the day will end and a night period will begin. So, let's imagine there are 16 players and 9 players vote Player A, 3 vote for Player B and 1 votes for Player C. In this case, Player A would be voted out provided there's no change in Player A's vote total in the 2 hours from the 9th vote which is what makes the vote a majority vote. The day would end after the 2 hour wait even if there was still 16 hours left before the 48 hour mark.

Let's say that the 9th vote was cast for Player A but an hour later, the 7th person to vote Player A decides to change their vote from Player A to Player B. However, 30 minutes after that change, another player logs on and votes for Player A restoring the 9 votes against Player A. In this example, Player A would not be eliminated in 30 minutes from the new 9th vote. The majority vote was lost in between that 2 hour period. Even though it was restored in that period, a new 2 hour period starts from when the new 9th vote cast.

In the case of 16 players, 9 votes is the majority. Even if other players hadn't voted yet, it doesn't matter since all the remaining votes combined could only equal 7 which is a minority vote. If a majority vote isn't reached before 48 hours is up, then who ever has the most votes at the end of the 48 hour period is the one voted out. So, if the votes are 6 for Player A, 5 for Player B, and 3 for Player C, then Player A is voted out because of having the highest vote total even though 2 players didn't vote and could have put Player B in a higher vote total.

Although, this day method may encourage bandwagoning, that already happens in Mafia games no matter what ideas have been used to discourage it. Plus, there's no guarantee that bandwagoning would be the result of every day. Have to try it to find out.

A big complaint with Mafia games is the time they take to play and having to constantly check up online to keep up. Although this new wrinkle may seem to create a longer game, I don't think it will necessarily work out that way. Now players from all around the world have a better opportunity to participate and there isn't a need to have to constantly check in all the time because the day has more breathing room. That said, things could develop quickly but that can happen in a regular game as well. Again, days won't necessarily have to last 48 hours but the possibility is always there.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 02:48:04 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Sign me up chief! King Vudu was a fantasic leader that allowed the kingdom to flourish under his reign, I am not ashamed to come out in saying that his public addresses made me openly weep on more than one occasion and many more tears will be shed by myself and others this Saturday. I have no affiliation with the late King Vudu and did not have the pleasure of meeting him while he was still with us, nevertheless I am committed to preserving the status quo and continuing the legacy left to us by our Monarch, to finish what he started, and to continue to push forward aiming towards the prosperous and peaceful future that was envisioned by our great leader.

I hope that this election is conducted fairly and I pray for all our own safety that the recent killings are freak accidents rather than the work of the Shere Khan or Man.

Vote Turtle
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 06:24:48 AM by TOPHATANT123 »

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Yass, sign me up.

I will be the ever elusive hedgehog, obviously.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
In.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
I promise to kill lots of people on my rise to power or die trying.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I promise to kill lots of people on my rise to power or die trying.

That's all we can ask from anybody on these forums.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
You got to kitten the game

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
According to the Hall of Mafia I've played 49 games of mafia. It would be a shame if I never reached 50, so I'm in!
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
In
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
In as a Rhino.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Rats! I'm on vacation next week! :(

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
Join anyway just so we can kill you.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I'll play as a bear.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Rats! I'm on vacation next week! :(

There'll (hopefully) be more games yet on the drive to 75.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
My unanimated avatar will join if that is allowed. Do with it what you will.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
It's nya-ice to have an inactive player announce their inactivity ahead of time. #DayOneVote

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Yeah, it's a bummer I will be unavailable next week.

I've lured them all into my trap, little do they know I have the psycho killer role...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
I probably won't be very active, but what's a game without an easy target like me?

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
In for sure!
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
I'm going to be a Bilby so yay!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 08:00:48 PM by Lucario »
Made you look ****.

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
(Signs in for the first time in years)

Since the call was sent out over PM and I was invited, sure I'd be up to play!

I'll take the humble honey badger if that hasn't been spoken for.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Welcome back TheNorthSea. Now this is a surprising blast from the past. It just goes to show that mass pm's can work magic sometimes. That's awesome. Honey badger is all you.

I'm going to be a Bilby so yay!

When we did signups for this last time, you wanted to be a kookaburra. Now you want to be a pokemon?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 12:34:09 AM by Khushrenada »