Author Topic: Splatoon!! WELCOME - TO DYE!  (Read 131929 times)

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Splatoon!! WELCOME - TO DYE!
« Reply #500 on: May 02, 2016, 12:55:58 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOtjUG5PXlE

Splatoon - Squid Sisters Concert at Chokaigi 2016

If you told me a few years ago, or even a year ago, that Nintendo would have their own fake idols and use the live concert technology for Hatsune Miku to put on concerts, I wouldn't have believed you.

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 02, 2016, 11:07:55 AM »
I am facing a conundrum. The local used game shop is offering me $26 in trade credit for my copy of Splatoon. He knows I have the game because I told him what games I had for Wii U and he keeps asking if I want to bring it in every time I go. I know the game is selling well for Wii U right now so I doubt it will be much of a "collectors item" in the future. The thing is the game is not my cup of tea I tried it a couple of times I like the characters, the world and the presentation but can't get into the game play at all. But I am wondering if I would regret trading it in now for a measly $26 bucks or if I should hold onto it for the potential increase when Wii U is a collectors item.

I finally did trade in Nintendoland for a whopping $2 in store credit, but I never even attempted to play that game. I have no regrets there since it came with the machine.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 02, 2016, 11:19:31 AM »
This game is not going out of print, plus there's a very good chance it gets the Nintendo Selects treatment. So you might be good trading it in if you don't mind getting the Selects version.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 03, 2016, 02:15:55 AM »
If you're not feeling like a kid or a squid, it's time to hand over the Splattershot and get some good credit.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 02, 2016, 03:55:37 PM »
So I got Splatoon. Is anyone still playing this? Hoping to be on some this weekend breaking this game in.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 07, 2016, 01:14:48 AM »
So I got Splatoon. Is anyone still playing this? Hoping to be on some this weekend breaking this game in.

Recently began playing again. Trying to max out the slots of my Splatfest tee for the final one later this month so I should be able to jump on this weekend. 
Mission...complete?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #506 on: July 07, 2016, 10:47:35 PM »
I'll probably be doing the same this weekend.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 08, 2016, 09:37:48 PM »
Sadly I will be out of town this weekend, but I'll shoot for Tues/Wed and next weekend for sure.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 12, 2016, 09:26:43 AM »
If I don't catch you Wednesday night, I'll probably run into you next weekend.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 12, 2016, 08:53:23 PM »
Looking forward to it! It's been a while since we have played a game together, GK.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: July 13, 2016, 08:11:20 AM »
Aye. Think the last time might have been back in Tri. What do you think of Splatoon so far? Don't forget to play the offline single player game to unlock some weapons via finding blueprints.
Mission...complete?

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 13, 2016, 11:15:30 AM »
Yeah, test out most of the weapons you have to find one that really suits your play style. I think the pattern has usually been to start with rollers and then work your way from there.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 19, 2016, 08:28:51 PM »
Gonna get Splatoon (finally) this weekend, when the Splatfest is on. Wanna experience that once for sure. Question: anything I should know about splatfests before just jumping straight in? Are there any like, level requirements or X amount of single player unlocks necessary? Thanks. :)

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 20, 2016, 08:46:56 PM »
Gonna get Splatoon (finally) this weekend, when the Splatfest is on. Wanna experience that once for sure. Question: anything I should know about splatfests before just jumping straight in? Are there any like, level requirements or X amount of single player unlocks necessary? Thanks. :)

I've barely touched the single player (if I played it at all), so I definitely know there's nothing required from that part of the game for Splatfests. There are some weapons that can only be unlocked by playing through the single player, but I've gotten by just fine without them. I'm fairly certain there isn't a level requirement for Splatfests either (you need to be level 10 for ranked matches, but that's different than Splatfests). They improved the matchmaking for Splatfests so you shouldn't get thrown into the deep end right away, but you might wanna play for a few hours beforehand just to get the hang of the mechanics and see which weapons you like anyway.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 22, 2016, 04:15:15 PM »
So I couldn't get on this weekend due to life reasons (and my one window being taken up by all of the new updates downloading and installing...), but I finally got some games in last night. Boy does this have potential! The gyroscope controls are interesting, but I defaulted to non-motion for the night after a few trials. Pretty excited to get some more games in this weekend for the final splatfest.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 23, 2016, 03:16:06 PM »
The Aerospray weapon is unlocked through single player, and that's the single best weapon for Turf War. The amount of points it can rack up is pretty insane.

I still play this game, so if anyone wants to team up in a squad sometime, let me know!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 23, 2016, 04:16:32 PM »
Hoping to play some tonight and tomorrow so I can get in on the Splatfest action. Probably around 4/5pm PDT.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 23, 2016, 04:31:35 PM »
Friends cannot play with friends during Splatfests, but we could play tomorrow when it's over.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #518 on: July 23, 2016, 06:23:12 PM »
Got to play some last night.  For it being the first time I played in so long, I did pretty well.  Got my rank to Champion.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 23, 2016, 08:17:30 PM »
I seem to only do well with the early morning crowd & night owls. Anywhere in between & it's lop-sided losses & disconnects everywhere.
Mission...complete?

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 23, 2016, 11:05:47 PM »
Splatfests get hyper competitive. Maybe not the best time for a beginner.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 23, 2016, 11:27:43 PM »
The Aerospray weapon is unlocked through single player, and that's the single best weapon for Turf War. The amount of points it can rack up is pretty insane.

I'd argue the N-Zap 89 is better because it actually has enough range to survive a firefight and you can be a huge prick with the Sprinklers.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #522 on: July 25, 2016, 12:24:16 PM »

I'd argue the N-Zap 89 is better because it actually has enough range to survive a firefight and you can be a huge prick with the Sprinklers.

I second this.  The sprinkler can be really effective.  It lets you cover multiple areas at once or even areas you can can't reach, if you can aim it.  It also can be a good distraction tool.

The main drawback is how much ink it uses.  I've died a couple times because I got in a fire fight after throwing it and ran out of ink.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 25, 2016, 01:15:29 PM »
The main drawback is how much ink it uses. I've died a couple times because I got in a fire fight after throwing it and ran out of ink.
This is where the Ink Saver abilities come in handy!

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 25, 2016, 03:32:43 PM »
I rarely use the sprinkler first time out. I either wait to be splatted or find a long patch of ink I can swim across to refill after I tossed the sprinkler on an unpainted patch of ground.