Author Topic: Accounts reaching their 20th Birthday - Caterkiller  (Read 6980 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Accounts reaching their 20th Birthday - Caterkiller
« on: February 01, 2023, 07:35:00 AM »
20 years ago I was 18. And Planet Gamecube had just switched forum formats. I started here earlier in 1999. At the time it was Operation N 2000, and simultaneously Planet N 2000. Then It became Planet Gamecube and then NWR. This is the only website I can say I frequented habitually for 20 years. Not even IGN gets that, as I haven't been there in years.

I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude for the past 20 years of discussions and interactions on the Nintendo World Report forums. It has been an incredible journey, filled with laughter, excitement, and a shared love for Nintendo.

I am grateful for the friendships I have made, the knowledge I have gained, and the memories I have created through this community. Thank you for being a part of this wonderful experience. Here's to another 20 years of gaming and friendship!

And happy account birthday to IanSane as well!

« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 06:10:54 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: ThePerm's Accounts 20th Birthday
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 04:49:40 PM »
Perm's got me beat as I started following the site back in 2000.  Found it as I was trying to gather all info I could on the upcoming Gamecube which at the time I assumed would bring Nintendo back to prominence now that they were going to optical discs.  Such naivety.  I'm 41 so Perm's got me beat there too.

All of this actually coincides with my current job which I also started in 2000 and over the decades have gone from being the youngest employee for the first 7 or 8 years to being the longest tenured employee today.  And that makes sense because the job provided me with a regular income for the first time so buying videogames regularly was something I could now do.  One of the first things I purchased was an N64 and the GBA and Gamecube were the first systems (and actually only ones; I always wait and see now) that I bought at launch.

So happy 20 years, Perm!  Another 20 sounds crazy but then 20 years back then sounded crazy, so who knows what the future holds.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 09:24:11 PM »
Who would've ever thought the group of us would ever still (irregularly) frequent this place for 20 years....

Few things in my life have lasted 20 years, so congrats on lasting that long!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 01:31:44 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 10:22:12 PM »
Who would've ever thought the group of us would ever still (irregularly) frequent this place for 20 years....

Few things in my life have lasted 20 years, so congrats on laying that long!!

We have to give NWR the credit for not folding.

Also to commemorate 20 years I've created a special ThePerm edition of Iansane's avatar. Because my powers have only grown since 2003.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 12:27:17 PM »
Also to commemorate 20 years I've created a special ThePerm edition of Iansane's avatar. Because my powers have only grown since 2003.

;D

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Re: Accounts reaching their 20th Birthday - Caterkiller
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 06:11:09 PM »
Happy Account Birthday Caterkiller!!!

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2023, 09:04:52 PM »
Oh this is a good idea ThePerm.

Trying to think.  I think I joined the site back in 2003 under a more generic username and was there during the MEGATON days which I don't think amounted to anything.  So then I was 22 or 23 in 2003 when I was posting under that username.

Think I was working on myself from 2004 to 2008 when I created my current Maxi, BeautifulShy account. January 11th 2008 with this current account so about 15 years with this current account. 

I have grown in so many different ways.  Back then I was a shut in and pretty much my whole life was video games and now I am more outgoing and fun andI am actually becoming a productive member of society as I have been a moderator over on Silver Screen and Roll for the past 2 years and I am working on being a social worker and building credit and I am in a relationship with someone who I love dearly and want to see in person after a few obstacles are surpassed.  She brings out the best in me and motivates me to keep going and I do the same with her. 
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ronirs

• Spammity-spam-spambot
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2023, 05:01:07 PM »
I'm a spambot with a lousy username. Posting an ad is why I came but it makes my posting quite lame. Getting banned from the forums is my endgame.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 06:07:25 PM by Khushrenada »
Here to waste your time.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2023, 05:21:31 PM »
I don't think that account is going to make it to 20.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2023, 03:27:49 PM »
Technically the account still exists, so it CAN still hit 20 years of existing.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2023, 05:40:17 AM »
Posting to see what date I registered.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2023, 05:40:46 AM »
Oh damn, teh day BEFORE Perm.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2023, 08:27:24 PM »
All hail RAB! The true OG of the NWR Forums!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2023, 02:16:13 PM »
Was curious and found my old account here. April 26, 2003, though I lurked sans-account for years before. But I fell back into being a lurker and when I decided to participate again I figured a new name was needed.

Thinking about it actually that wasn't why I did a new name. I had an account on Gametrailers.com (I think that was the name?) by my old username (SatansNemesis) and you could get ad money from uploading videos there. Daisy Pro 666 used to make some sweet videos on their personal site and I was a fan of them. One day I saw their site was down and I had copies of some of them and figured I would upload them so others could enjoy them still as I assumed that they were gone forever like a lot of things went back in the more wild days of online.

Well being young, naive, and clueless I didn't think to de-monetize the videos (not even sure that was a thing there). I did credit the original author and mentioned the site was down but some time later they were pulled for infringement or something by Pro (same username). I checked their site and saw it was back up so guess it was a temporary outage. I was so ashamed (and honestly, never made more than 25 cents on all my videos because their payouts were awful and I never did upload much). So when I saw Pro was active here I felt I needed to rebrand to just avoid them calling me out on it.

Kind of silly in hindsight, but I much prefer Stratos over SatansNemesis and Pro doesn't even come here anymore so its funny to reflect on it. It is nice to remember the good times here, even if many of us have drifted away or post much less than usual.

Looks like I "rebranded" in January 25, 2009.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast