Author Topic: Oni Training Supports SpotPass and StreetPass  (Read 1497 times)

Offline the_dan_x

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Next Door Gamer
Oni Training Supports SpotPass and StreetPass
« on: July 10, 2012, 11:15:51 AM »

Users will be able to share their training data with other players. 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/31008

Tōhoku Daigaku Kareiigakukenkyūjo Kawashima Ryūta Kyōju Kanshū Monosugoku Nō o Kitareru 5 funkan no Oni Training for the Nintendo 3DS, or Oni Training for short, will support both SpotPass and StreetPass.

Users will be able to upload their training data via SpotPass as well as exchange training data with StreetPass. Even though Oni Training supports the Nintendo Network, no specifics were given as to whether or not you will be able to check out training data of the users on your friend list.

While the intent of the original Brain Age titles was to keep people’s brain function from declining, Oni Training focuses on “working memory” and attempts to engage the user to develop and improve the functioning of the brain. Oni Training is scheduled to be released in Japan on July 28 as a retail and digital download. There is no word on a Western release yet.

Danny Bivens
Japan Correspondent
Nintendo World Report

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: Oni Training Supports SpotPass and StreetPass
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 09:13:40 PM »
Seems like good ideas, the problem however is that smart phone Brain Training clones are cheap or free Nintendo has to really step it up to make this game worthwhile and having demonic coat of paint is not enough.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 10:14:17 PM »
That is a LOOONG name!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline the_dan_x

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Next Door Gamer
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 05:54:18 AM »
It's retailing for 3,800 yen here in Japan and I've seen it for as low as 3,100 on Amazon. It's a "budget" priced title, similar to how Guild 01 was, too. This type of stuff can fly in Japan, but there is no way in hell they're going to make the game over $20 in North America (or 20 Euros in Europe). When the original came out, $20 for this kind of game was worth it. I'll buy it (for 3,100 yen), but I'm pretty sure my feelings about this game aren't reflective of most Western-born gamers.
Danny Bivens
Japan Correspondent
Nintendo World Report

Offline LittleIrves

• Title = Ha.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Kill Screen
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 03:47:45 PM »
I agree that Brain Training-type games have gone the way of iOS...  so I'm curious how Nintendo makes this relevant and worthwhile. Still, the charm of the original Brain Age games far out weight that of other similar types of games I've seen elsewhere, so I'll willing to check it out. Perhaps it gets a Weekend Download sale??
Contributing writer at killscreendaily.com