Author Topic: Pokemon Gray website had been registered.  (Read 6136 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Pokemon Gray website had been registered.
« on: October 19, 2011, 03:19:36 PM »
Pokemon Gray website has been registered
By the same people that registered the official PokemonBlackandWhite website
 http://www.nintendobuzz.com/pokemon-gray-domain-registered/
 http://m.ign.com/articles/1210117
A new website has been set up for Pokemon Gray. As spotted by Nintendo Buzz, pokemongray.com has been registered by Melbourne IT Digital Brand Services.

Melbourne IT DBS also set up pokemonblackwhite.com, which is Nintendo of America's official site for the most recent Pokemon games.

Each new Pokemon game launches with two separate versions, such as Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, and is then followed with a third version, such as Pokemon Platinum. Considering Pokemon Black and White are the most recent Pokemon games, Pokemon Gray is a logical title for the third version.

We've reached out to Pokemon Company for comment and will update this story with any information we receive.

Now let's hope Nintendo does the smart thing and makes it a 3DS title.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Gray website had been registered.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 03:26:52 PM »
But Pokemon have to be Spring Powered on the 3DS.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 06:35:10 PM »
Maybe they registered it to prevent a ModernWarfare3.com situation (where it redirected to a BF3 fan site).
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 06:41:36 PM »
Gray...not Grey? Boycotted
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Bboy

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 07:19:34 PM »
Yes, and its a color too.
Am I the only one who finds the monochrome names really boring?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 07:20:01 PM »
Gray...not Grey? Boycotted

That was my initial thought as well.

Offline SupaKirb

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 07:39:45 PM »
I know there was talk about there NOT being a 3rd game to this collection on the DS, and maybe that's still very true. However, no one said anything about the 3DS.

Taking a second look at this, and the ports the 3DS has been getting, it would make perfect sense to kick off the Pokemon 3DS RPG series this way. A game that, for the most part, already has it's framework built. Now, the only thing I would have a question about if that were the case is, would a 3DS release be a direct DS port of Black/White? Or would it be a graphical overhaul of the series, with character models similar to the  Pokedex 3D app.?

Then again, maybe this domain name was registered just for the sake of being registered, and not allowing a independent fan game mod to surface.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
Each new PKMN game seems to take micro-steps towards the PKMN MMO I've been wishing for.

If "Gray" takes a few more steps in that direction I will gladly purchase the game (again(ish)).  But, if it is just PKMN B/W in 3D? I'd pass for sure.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 04:38:51 AM »
Lets see a show of hands; despite Nintendo's insistance that B/W were it and would have no "Emerald" or "Platinum" treatment, who here knew this was going to happen anyway?

....everyone? Just as I thought.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 12:10:39 PM »
Hooray! Hopefully we can get some DW Unova Pokemon soon.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline twofiftyone

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 12:48:51 PM »
This is the only Pokemon generation I haven't played yet, because I was waiting for gray/grey, despite it not being planned.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 12:51:46 PM »
I guess it would save some money if they just made a New 3DS engine and redid all the assets for it without redoing any other part of the game but, even on Pokemon the Assets take more time then probably everything else so you might not be gaining that much.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 08:52:41 PM »
I thought this website was already registered last year. Did something change about it?

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 07:41:20 AM »
I keep telling myself each time a new pokemon game comes out that I will get it.   Then I don't.    I haven't played one since the original red.   Given what I have seen of the pokedex on 3ds though.. I hope whatever next version comes out, brings some of the original pokemon back.   That would probably tempt me into a purchase.  I just kinda want to get one eventually to see the what has been improved upon in the series.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 01:19:23 PM »
I keep telling myself each time a new pokemon game comes out that I will get it.   Then I don't.    I haven't played one since the original red.   Given what I have seen of the pokedex on 3ds though.. I hope whatever next version comes out, brings some of the original pokemon back.   That would probably tempt me into a purchase.  I just kinda want to get one eventually to see the what has been improved upon in the series.

You can capture every pokemon that ever existed in Black and White.

RomanceDawn

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 01:26:07 PM »
They brought the original Pokemon back already. It was called Fire Red and Leaf Green.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 01:43:41 PM »
I thought this website was already registered last year. Did something change about it?
Nope. False alarm.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 03:10:55 PM »

I did not know this..   Thank you for the correction. :)   Learn something new everyday.    I must have picked up the wrong impression of it somewhere.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 12:27:09 AM »

actually no, you can't. You can get certain pokemon from events, but other than that there's no way to get them without hacking

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 02:55:22 AM »

actually no, you can't. You can get certain pokemon from events, but other than that there's no way to get them without hacking

Actually uh shut up. Don't confuse the guy with that crap. There will always be event pokemon and certain legendary pokemon that are exclusive to past games. But I said what I said to let him know that he could get his Bulbasaurs to Mew if he so wanted and very easily and legally at that. All pokemon ever created are playable. A few of the new legendary pokemon are not available yet, but soon.

RomanceDawn