Author Topic: Wii U to Have 2GB Internal Memory, GPGPU Support  (Read 8511 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U to Have 2GB Internal Memory, GPGPU Support
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 02:00:35 AM »
LOL, I think there is almost no chance of Xbox 3 or PlayStation 4 having anywhere near 8GM of RAM.

Well, Wii U was rumored to have 2GB of RAM w/ a rather large amount reserved for the OS.... that turned out to be true.

X720 is rumored to have 8GB of RAM (in the devkit), so we could be looking at around 4GB (just for the games) if this plays out the same way. No where near 8GB, but I also remember hearing that MS may reserve upto 4GB just for Win8 OS integration into the system as well. but that's mostly hearsay at this point, as I haven't really kept up on rumors or news lately.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 02:53:25 AM »
Even if it is 4GB that's still double (or quadruple) what the Wii U has. So its still an issue.

And the X420 devkit may be rumored to have 8GB RAM now, but this probably not the final revision of the devkit. Remember how the Wii U's devkit kept being refined and improved? Alot can change between now and 2014. And this isn't even counting the PS4, which may well be even more powerful than that.
is your sanity...

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2012, 02:33:32 AM »
What are Nintendo's chances of still maintaining third party support with the Wii U in say about 2014 or 15 when its real competition comes out?
The way things are going Wii U is going to be THE home console in japan.

So they at least they will have some japanese third parties. The majority of japanese third parties will flock around 3ds but wiiu might get some too.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks