Author Topic: Prize Giveaway: What's Your Pick for Wii U / 3DS Best of E3?  (Read 31469 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile

Name your choice for the Wii U or 3DS game that wowed you at E3, and you could win eShop credit or game downloads!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/contest/37826/prize-giveaway-whats-your-pick-for-wii-u--3ds-best-of-e3

Update:

The giveaway is over! Thanks everyone for your entries, posts, and stories! It's exciting to see what caught everyone's attention, and even how some people couldn't restrain themselves to just one or two games! Some NWR staffers even joined in even though they aren't eligible to win!

The winners by random drawing, who will also be contacted by PM separately, are:

AdmanAbou, who wins the $20 eShop Code!

Phoenixman, who wins the Advance Wars Wii U VC DL code!

Eiksirf, who wins the Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga Wii U VC DL code!

Don't forget that we can also work with you if you'd like to receive a different prize from our alternate Nintendo World Report prize list!

Once again, thank you everyone for your participation and look forward to ANOTHER prize giveaway very soon!

Original Post:

The NWR staff have already given out their E3 accolades, now it's your turn to name your pick and possibly win some prizes along the way! Merely respond to the NWR Forum Talkback thread for this article (via the "Add to the discussion" link below) with your chosen game, be it a landmark blockbuster or indie darling!

A $20 eShop Code, as well as Wii U eShop download codes for Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and Advance Wars, will be awarded at random to qualified entries! (And if those don't do it for you, we've got an NWR alternate prize list that also has an assortment of accessories, games, and paraphernalia you can choose!)

Winners will be chosen Wednesday night, so don't wait too long!

If you need to peruse the candidates more closely, be sure to check out the full spread of Nintendo World Report's E3 coverage!

Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Prize Giveaway: What's Your Pick for Wii U / 3DS Best of E3?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 06:38:44 PM »
Splatoon.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 06:41:30 PM »
Splatoon came out of left field and is wonderfully creative to boot, so I choose that for Wii U. Meanwhile, for the 3DS, I think I was most impressed with Fantasy Life.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 06:43:36 PM »
Tough choice but I will have to go with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. I got to try it at a Best Buy which was fun and ignited several Brawl tournaments at my house throughout the weekend.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Mite000

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 06:56:12 PM »
I would also have to give it to Splatoon. It was such a fresh idea, and no one saw it coming. I'll be looking forward to giving it a shot.

Offline phoenixarisen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 07:00:25 PM »
Splatoon looks awesome and even better it came from nowhere without being leaked. But I have to give it to Zelda, it looks amazing even if we know nothing about it.

Offline stalfo

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 07:13:19 PM »
Well the obvious choice might be smash for both, but watching the tree house for Bayonetta 2, I think it snuck ahead for my game of e3 (altho every game shown for Nintendo looked great). I'm really excited about Steam for 3ds. Overall a great showing for Nintendo :).
@case_jets

Offline r6m14

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 07:13:55 PM »
Splatoon, I'm exited about this game I want it now!!

Offline SyrenneMcN

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 07:15:08 PM »
Has to be Fantasy Life, since I never thought I'd get to play that in English. I hope the multiplayer is cross-region, so I can hand my friend the English version and system and play against them with my Japanese version.

Offline Flovnat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 07:16:49 PM »
The one that stood out to me the most was Splatoon. It's always cool to see Nintendo create neat new games. Another one that stood out to me was Devil's Third, which looks surprisingly fun and is quite a departure from Nintendo's usual style.

Offline Proctorb

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 07:20:01 PM »
The two the really surprised me were Bayonetta 2 and Splatoon. Bayonetta prior to this E3 meant absolutely nothing to me, but everything I got to see (in conjunction with the first game packed in) have essentially convinced me to get it. Splatoon was also just a complete surprise to me, I have very little interest in that type of multiplayer-centric game, but it seems so charming and considerably more interesting than the typical shooter fare.

Offline TheXenocide

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 07:20:31 PM »
Despite the fact I'm kind of bored with Mario side scrollers (there are so freaking many, now), I'm going with Mario Maker. I really want that! I really like the idea that we could actually get something new in Mario with user generated content! 

Offline Gerandpa

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2014, 07:21:15 PM »
Splatoon definitely looked the most interesting but I'm going to have to go with Fantasy Life since it's more my genre of games

Offline bizcuthammer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 07:27:10 PM »
Just one? If I had to pick, it'd be the reveal of Legend of Zelda on Wii U. Open world with a beautiful art style. I can't wait to find out more.

Also absolutely loved Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Codename STEAM, both Smash Bros games and Mario Maker. 2015 looks to be a very, very good year for fans of Nintendo games like myself.

Offline nickusgucci

• View Profile

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2014, 07:36:00 PM »
Surprisingly enough, Yarn Yoshi, now known as Yoshi's Wooly World, would have to be my pick.  Lest we forget what it looked like just a year ago:

There's just no denying how much work they've put into this game.  When I saw the game last year, I was tepid about it, and just wishing it was Kirby's Epic Yarn 2, because that's basically what it looked like.  Now it's like a mixture of Yoshi's Island with a fleshed out yarn world ascetic, and I'm sincerely interested in it now.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 07:36:40 PM »
Xenoblade Chronicles X is my pick for the Wii U game of show. The two 40+ minute demos of the beginning of the made the game look what I dreamed it would be. The vast vistas, character class system, crazy Japanese sci-fi story, and more have further solidified the game as my most anticipated title and personal system seller.

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy - Curtain Call is my pick for 3DS game of show. It's not the most flashy or original game, but I love a good rhythm game, Final Fantasy music, and the first Theatrhythm. The staggering amount of songs in the base game has me eagerly awaiting to tapping my touchscreen (or buttons) to the beat of great music.

Offline aznxchunky

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 07:54:39 PM »
Xenoblade chronicles for me.  that game looked so amazing, I cant wait to play it
 I was also excited to see bayonetta 2

Offline Vampire-Jekyll

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 07:58:06 PM »
Splatoon by a mile. I'm glad to see many of the classics like StarFox and Zelda, but Splatoon looks like a very promising new IP for Nintendo.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 08:03:09 PM »
For Wii U- I'm actually going to have to give this one to Devil's Third. I know it sort of snuck under the radar and it does look hyper-violent and a bit under-powered in the graphics department, but I was listening to the stellar Treehouse coverage and heard about the lore and mythology behind the character and music design, as well as more details about the oddly appealing multiplayer aspects, and it won me over in that time. What impresses me is the fact that Nintendo has chosen to work with another developer on a mature title for exclusivity on Wii U- sure, it doesn't have the (slightly) wider appeal of Bayonetta 2, but it is an original IP and a very different type of title for Nintendo to publish. They're really pushing to make the Wii U's library as varied and rich as they possibly can, and even though Devil's Third looks quite thuggish, it has a very charming and sweet underlying message and effort.

For 3DS, it is Code Name: Steam. I have always loved the turn-based strategy genre, but I feel that too many titles have relied on an archaic, board-game gridlocked style of play. Steam seems ambitious and extremely different, and, if balanced well enough, could become a favorite of mine on the under-appreciated handheld.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Dangmovie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2014, 08:06:01 PM »
Splatoon!  No doubt about it!

Offline 1337brian

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2014, 08:06:33 PM »
Hands down Super Smash Bros for 3DS. I was skeptical at first but then saw your footage and I'm convinced it will be one of the best portable games ever made!

Offline nhaines

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2014, 08:08:20 PM »
I hate to jump on the Smash Bros. train, but between the Mii and Amiibo features plus the fact that it's the only game I actually got to play, it's looking really fantastic.  And beautiful.

Plus, the 3DS version appears to be shaping up to be very interesting, too.  So I'm definitely looking forward to more information.

Most disappointing missing megaton announcement for E3 this year: Art Academy for Wii U.

Offline Picoli

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2014, 08:09:09 PM »
I can't be more excited for Super Smash Bros.!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2014, 08:19:21 PM »
I don't care that they didn't really show it, the fact that they're making Star Fox beats anything and everyone else as far as I'm concerned.

(Yes, I realize I'm not eligible to win, I'm just excited about Star Fox and John Brooks.)
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent