Author Topic: Episode 26 - Precious Jason  (Read 2102 times)

Offline stalfo

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Episode 26 - Precious Jason
« on: March 23, 2017, 11:43:40 AM »

So the 3DS is still a thing, right?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/talknintendo/44358/episode-26-precious-jason

Subscribe to RSS Feed

Direct Download

After a few weeks of mayhem the boys are back (in town) and ready for a regularly programmed Talk Nintendo Podcast. Kicking off What We’ve Been Playing, Casey picked up the latest Switch game to be released physically, The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+. The stickers and manual might have been what dragged him in, but the addicting game play is what’s keeping him coming back for more. Another week, another Perry review and this time it’s the Wii Ware classic, World of Goo. Despite being nearly a decade old this fun puzzle game holds up extremely well. Keeping with the theme of the segment, next up is another Switch game, Blaster Master Zero. Both the guys have been playing this masterfully done retro style game and Perry is already on his second time around which speaks volumes of the game. Rounding out What We’ve Been Playing Casey put a bow on Snipperclips and was left hoping there is more to come down the road, and excites Perry with the concept of the Joy-Con wheel accessories.

With the return of a normal episode comes the return of the eShop Round Up (eHaw!) The segment is packed with games stretching all sorts of Nintendo platforms, but with it came a plethora of evenly priced games that Casey swears he will NEVER purchase. Moving into news the boys touch on Nintendo ramping up Switch production by double, Gamefreak hiring for console and Switch games galore!

The Switch is the bees knees and of course hogs all timeshare for the show, but when you take a second to think about that poor 3DS gathering dust, you realize that little system still has a whole lot of life left in it. In fact a brand new (sort of ) 3DS game was just announced this week, yes in March of 2017. For the topic of the show we take a look at what the 3DS has in store for us in 2017 and go over what games we’re most excited about. The 3DS Lives!

If you have any questions, comments or concerns please contact by tweeting us  or by send us an email!

@case_jets

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 26 - Precious Jason
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 06:05:28 AM »
The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ on Switch for 40$ looks less of a rip-off when you consider that it includes not one but two DLCs: Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ -- these are separate and are sold on top of each other.

Depending on your region the final price for Afterbirth+ should be around 35$ or 35 euro.

Of course this being Steam game you can expect this price to halved during seasonal sales (that's how i got the base game and first DLC).

After spending hundreds of hours on various iterations of Binding of Isaac on PC i can't wait until my switch cartridge with Zelda-themed manual arrives.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 12:44:24 PM »
Thank for the 3DS coverage. I had wanted to listen to your podcast when it debuted,  but I already had a lot of video game oriented shows in the rotation. You did a great job guest hosting on NWR so I decided to jump you up the queue. I'm glad I did.

Offline PaulBizkit

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 12:38:36 PM »
1:59
"Okay, here is a lesson, everyone... dont make a game titled... no one---
"HAHAHAHAHHAHA".
"...Or anything."

Only two guys talking and they step on each other...

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 02:44:00 AM »
I dont see any problem with pricing something $5 instead of $4.99. I would rather a $5 price.

My 3DS is still getting used almost daily. I picked up a really fun old DS game recently, Geometry Wars Galaxies. It is SO good on the 3DS with the circle pad instead of the +control pad.

I also really looking forward to Ever Oasis. Maybe Im remembering wrong, but I thought they said it would be out early 2017. Maybe it got delayed and they just want to hold it until E3 again.

Offline stalfo

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 09:31:16 PM »
Thank for the 3DS coverage. I had wanted to listen to your podcast when it debuted,  but I already had a lot of video game oriented shows in the rotation. You did a great job guest hosting on NWR so I decided to jump you up the queue. I'm glad I did.

Thanks man, really apprecaite it :).
@case_jets