Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii/Smash Bros at a theater?  (Read 2643 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Mario Kart Wii/Smash Bros at a theater?
« on: July 07, 2012, 12:53:21 AM »
This is something I'm throwing out there.  I know we had a mini NWR-con here in Carmi a few years ago... I'm curious - would anyone be up for something again?

The reason I ask, our small local theater just got new owners and they're awesome.  They're setting up to rent out individual screens for movies (for day cares, birthday parties, etc).

I was thinking it might be frickin' awesome... they've got three screens (however, it's not a very big theater)... and I have three Wiis. :D

I was thinking some online Mario Kart matches between the screens and then some Smash Bros.

Obviously, this would probably be a bit more expensive than when I rented out the place the first time around (and there'd be no over-night sleep over... but also no game release that day).

Anywhoo... thoughts?  Obviously, I'm not expecting us to be limited to Mario Kart Wii and Smash Bros... (DS/3DS games welcome.. streetpass!)... But it would virtually be limited to Wii and GameCube games, due to the controller/cord restrictions.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Wii/Smash Bros at a theater?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 11:33:58 AM »
All I can think of is how bad the Wii games will look on 60 foot screens.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 10:51:05 AM »
Sounds awesome. Would online play be restricted to those at the theater or could NWR members from all over be there view wifi?
Mission...complete?

Offline Anth0ny

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 04:48:58 PM »
All I can think of is how bad the Wii games will look on 60 foot screens.

I once played Wii Sports in a movie theatre and it didn't look that bad.

I feel like it would be tough to play Smash Bros with a wired Gamecube controller, though  :P: