Author Topic: Birthday Contest  (Read 3064 times)

Offline Zee

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Birthday Contest
« on: March 31, 2003, 07:24:44 PM »
I just entered the Big Birthday Contest with an entry that hyperlinked words to photos but after clicking send I realized that my e-mail was in plain test, which means that when my entry is received the judges will not be able to see my links.  I was wondering if it was possible to maybe perhaps, send in another entry that is exactly the same except in html form with the hyperlinks or perhaps posting the links here on the board.  Thanks,

Zee  

Offline blablamax

• View Profile
Birthday Contest
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 07:50:57 PM »

Originally posted by: Zee
I just entered the Big Birthday Contest with an entry that hyperlinked words to photos but after clicking send I realized that my e-mail was in plain test, which means that when my entry is received the judges will not be able to see my links.  I was wondering if it was possible to maybe perhaps, send in another entry that is exactly the same except in html form with the hyperlinks or perhaps posting the links here on the board.  Thanks,

Zee

From which email host you send it ? I never know about something like that...

IF I BREAK THE FORUM SCROLLING WITH MY SIGNATURE AGAIN, I'LL *************** hoo...STFU!!!

Offline Zee

• View Profile
Birthday Contest
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2003, 07:56:57 PM »
Well I was using Microsoft Outlook and I guess someone at my house must have changed the settings because when I looked at the e-mail in the sent folder it was in plain text.  It's not like I want to change my entry, just resubmit it.  I made some real funny pictures and movies that I know would help my entry.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Birthday Contest
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2003, 07:56:58 PM »
I just sent it in plain text format, but gave a link to my website with pictures in plain text.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Zee

• View Profile
Birthday Contest
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2003, 07:19:14 AM »
Well what happened is that on Microsoft Outlook (at least on my computer), it gives the perception that your are writing the mail in html.  So what I did was I highlighted some phrases in my message like for example: Now I can Search.  and I added the link to it like that.  I didn't post a direct link to my website, which I should have done.  Anyways the links won't show up and I'm still wondering if I can resubmit or post it on here.  

Offline PGC-Agent Cooper

• Founder
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Birthday Contest
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2003, 04:33:07 PM »
Send it to my e-mail directly.
Billy Berghammer
Founder -- Planet GameCube.com

Offline Zee

• View Profile
Birthday Contest
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2003, 05:43:12 PM »
Thanks a bunch Billy, I sent the e-mail directly to your address.  The same entry except with working links.  I had fun making this and I hope you guys get a couple of laughs out of this too!