Author Topic: Nintendo Downloads - July 25, 2013  (Read 2709 times)

Offline bluelander

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • My blog!
Nintendo Downloads - July 25, 2013
« on: July 25, 2013, 10:56:20 AM »

Blastin' viruses and eggplant wizards.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/35010

Sometimes after I've drifted off to sleep at night I dream of a world where every Nintendo Downloads can be like last week. Weeks filled with Earthbound and Link to the Past releases flooding the Virtual Console, and indie developers frolicking in the beautiful meadow that is the eShop. So, until that day, we'll have to be okay with light weeks in-between the big releases. Hey, at least Chain Blaster looks pretty cool!

3DS eShop Games

Chain Blaster - $6.99

We all hate computer viruses. The frustration, the countless hours of running antivirus over and over until they're gone. Forget that, Chain Blaster puts you into an anti-virus ship and let's you blast those stupid viruses right out of cyberspace!

Picross e2 - $5.99

Just in time to slake your lust for more Picross, the sequel to Picross e is here! Picross fans will be happy to see Picross e2's 150 new puzzles and a new feature called Micross. I'm not quite sure what Micross is, but if it's anything like Picross then it's probably awesome.

Angler's Club: Ultimate Bass Fishing 3D - $29.95

I've always felt like my bass fishing just wasn't ultimate. I mean, yeah, I was fishing bass, but it just didn't have that "ultimate" feel to it. Thanks goodness Ultimate Bass Fishing 3D is here with its 40 tournaments and 3D effects to up my fishing to the next level.

Wii U Virtual Console

Kid Icarus - $4.99

I'm not going to lie to you: Kid Icarus isn't an amazing game. It is, however, a pretty fun one where you get to play as a half naked angel! I mean seriously, where are Pit's pants? Well, pants or not, Medusa is on the loose and it's up to him to put a stop to her evil ways!

DSiWare

Cute Witch! Runner - $1.99/200

Games about cute witches are a secret passion of mine, you know. So, when I heard that I could fly through a whopping 32 challenges as one of the cutes witches I've seen on DSiWare, well, let's just say I was certainly interested!

3DS Demos

Chain Blaster

Offline AwesomeUnicorn

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Downloads - July 25, 2013
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 11:02:15 AM »
You know... I spend all this money on retail games, Skylanders, and god knows what else, but all it takes for me to get lost in a game for hours is a new Picross.  For anyone who doesn't know what to do with their random five or thirty dollar store credits, I highly recommend trying a Picross game!

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 11:46:17 AM »
More Picross. Yessssssssssss.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 11:50:34 AM »
I'd been holding back on playing through the first Picross-e because I didn't want to run out of them, so I've been rationing the puzzles tightly. With this one out now and the third out in a couple months I may get lost in the game now.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline paleselan

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 12:22:23 PM »
No Wii U eShop games? The usual!
Check out my NintendoNetwork64 Youtube channel and website:
https://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoNetwork64
https://www.NN64.org

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 01:02:23 PM »

Cloudberry Kingdom's coming next week, so I can't be too upset about that.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 02:21:32 PM »

I know, it's horrible.   This is why I'm not taking advantage of the stupid $10 for $100 deal, because when I look at the Wii U eshop, the only thing I want that I don't already have is Earthbound.  And I don't have a lot.  Kid Icarus?   Come on, most of us already got the 3D version of that for free on the 3DS, and don't give me any of that "Well, not everyone has a 3DS" bullshit.  Look at the numbers.   Chances are, everyone who's reading this right now has a 3DS, and not even 1 in 4 will have a Wii U.  And this is a hardcore Nintendo site.

What makes me upset is that I am tired of booting into Wii mode.   Will I ever get more of my VC in Wii U?   The only 3rd party game we have is Mega Man X.  Which I'm thankful for.   But it's not enough.  At this point in the 3DS lifetime, we already had Link's Awakening, Gargoyle's Quest, Super Mario Land, Metroid 2.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 03:56:19 PM »
I think I'll be picking up Pikmin 3 tomorrow.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 10:48:10 PM »
I think I'll be picking up Pikmin 3 tomorrow.
Haha, i already did.

I was randomly browsing british game shop site to check how much they take for shipping to my country a week ago. I was creating orders and went to the last step to see shipping and handling prices but was never following it through.

Apparently i left one pre-order for Pikmin that i way and forgot about it.

No regrets though.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks