Author Topic: Who's excited for Animal Crossing: New Leaf  (Read 116503 times)

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
Re: Who's excited for Animal Crossing: New Leaf
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2013, 06:20:41 PM »
Best Buy is giving special furniture away via Nintendo Zone. I hope it works through all Nintendo Zone portals and not just Best Buy, but we'll see what goes. Here's the link with items and dates, also there is a N-Zone locator in case you need to find one: http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/nintendozone

It's funny. I just moved this weekend and in between unpacking and organizing I'm playing a game where I just moved and I'm trying to situate myself... Ah, the wonder of life's paradoxes.

A) How do you turn on StreetPass

According to the games digital manual:

Activating Street Pass
You must register at the Happy Home Showcase located on Main Street to begin using StreetPass.

I just put in for my second expansion on my house and I was told about the Happy Home Showcase. Hopefully it gets turned on tomorrow with the remodeling because I really want to see how Street Pass is done. Also I have a new townie moving in, but I won't meet them until tomorrow.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2013, 09:06:04 AM »
So everything is pretty good in my town, but they are selling the same tools as they were since Sunday! I've never seen this in past games, it's pretty annoying since I've been asking everyone for extras (Thanks to Fatty in Animales for the fishing rod). I unlocked Street Pass and the island today, but I have to wait until tomorrow to go visit it. Oh and I got a sweet pair of Hero's Boots!
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2013, 02:22:33 PM »
I got my second house upgrade (counting actually building the house as 1) today. I'm getting the same tools everyday too, and can't wait for Nook's store to upgrade.

Has anyone figured out if there is any difference between selling things to Nook and selling to the resale shop? I think in previous games selling to Nook counted toward the totals for upgrading his shop, but the game seems to be pushing the resale shop pretty hard.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Cambot

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2013, 02:51:47 PM »

I added everyone in this topc.

I added everyone in this topic.

My friend code: 3952 - 7010 - 8463

Here's a shot of my "Bill Blaster" in action:

Me & my Metroid chillin' at home.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2013, 04:55:29 PM »
Hello. I'd like to visit someone's town. Here is my FC: 1805-2338-1133

Here's some things I'm looking for:

- a bug net
- a gardening can
- anything besides oranges
- a varsity jacket of some type

I'm also active on Swapnote, if anyone still does that.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2013, 07:28:47 PM »
i found out the mortgage totals and nook is just going to kill my wallet isn't he...
348,000 bells for a room on the left (4x4)
348,000 bells for a room on the right (4x4)
348,000 bells for a room in the back (4x4)
428,000 bells for a basement (4x4)

498,000 bells for widening the upstairs room (to 6x6)
498,000 bells to widen the left room (to 6x6)
498,000 bells to widen the right room (to 6x6)
498,000 bells to widen the back room (to 6x6)
498,000 bells to widen the basement (to 6x6)

598,000 bells to widen the upstairs room (to 8x8)
598,000 bells to widen the left room (to 8x8)
598,000 bells to widen the right room (to 8x8)
598,000 bells to widen the back room (to 8x8)
598,000 bells to widen the basement (to 8x8)

So, that's 19 loans totalling 7,595,800 bells for a wholly-owned, finished Mansion.

its a huge house but that is a huge price... i am going to have to significantly expand the scope of my perfect fruit exploit which is as follows, please note that when i say peaches i just mean your default fruit.

note: perfect fruit is basically a form of regular fruit that is much more valuable, however you can only grow perfect versions of your towns native fruit (i can only grow perfect peaches, if i attempt to plant a perfect cherry i will only get regular ones

step 1, get a perfect fruit and begin planting, you want to have enough to make at least ten full baskets(a full basket is 9 fruit)

step 2, harvest them and store them in a wardrobe,

step 3: store them in your drawer**

step 4, DO NOT SELL THEM IN YOUR TOWNS RE-TAIL,(you only get 600 each,) sell them in a friends town* instead, to get 3,000 per bundle, a full basket of 9 perfect peaches would sell for 27,000 in a town that doesn't have the bell boom ordinance.

*if your friend happens to have the same native fruit as you, dont sell it to their town.

**ideally devote a segment of your drawer for this
my first load got me about 500,000 bells(i think bell

Offline sactiik

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2013, 11:27:48 PM »
5300-8812-7647 add me opening gate  8:30pm PST looking for different fruit. i only have pears.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2013, 12:33:13 AM »
Yo, FC: 4210-4707-8092. (Phil, I added you to muh list.)

Racht
Town fruit: Cherries
Town song: FF6 battle theme ;)
Please water my flowers. I have no water pail. :/
I is sad panda. Thanks.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2013, 08:32:26 AM »
To add some relief to everyone's want for Tools I have started a Free Pile of Tools by my town's station. I have nets, a fishing rod and a shovel. If anyone needs one you can just grab the one free of charge.
I unlocked the Island and Town Ordinances so I've got crazy bells to raise for  bunch of projects.

Thanks Pokepal for posting the info on fruit. I'm going to set that up and see how it works out.

Oh and my gf plays Style Savvy and she says that there is special DJ KK shirts in the game if anyone is playing that.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2013, 03:00:35 PM »
That's awfully nice of you. Unfortunately, the tools I have are now the net, the fishing rod, and the shovel.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2013, 07:40:52 PM »
One of my villagers' birthday is Sunday, and I entered it into my calendar with an alert to make sure I remember. I'm really hooked on this game.

J.P. Corbran

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2013, 07:44:31 PM »
I got my second house upgrade (counting actually building the house as 1) today. I'm getting the same tools everyday too, and can't wait for Nook's store to upgrade.

Has anyone figured out if there is any difference between selling things to Nook and selling to the resale shop? I think in previous games selling to Nook counted toward the totals for upgrading his shop, but the game seems to be pushing the resale shop pretty hard.
re-tail gives more money, nook is more conveniently located in terms of where the money goes
no sales don't count for upgrades

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2013, 08:27:17 PM »
Thanks for the visit yesterday, Fleece! It was fun! My peach trees are growing :) I just got cherries from another friend.

I've added all of the friend codes posted here.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2013, 08:52:23 PM »
Thanks for the visit yesterday, Fleece! It was fun! My peach trees are growing :) I just got cherries from another friend.

except for me...

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2013, 08:53:46 PM »
I thought since I can go to the island that we could all get together and play some games, but this game makes you work for every. single. thing. I can't believe, but I do. Geez. I also got my first Animal Crossing Street Pass- Huzzah!

Awesome to hear, I hope you get lots of fruit. Since I got to the island I have new fruit- bananas, lychee and cherries. One of my townies wants an apple if anyone can spare one.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2013, 09:15:18 PM »
I've got tons of apples, they're my native fruit. I'd be happy to spare some.

By the way, my 3DS friend code is 0860-3274-2210, I just realized I hadn't posted it yet. I'll go through and add everyone in the thread.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2013, 09:17:30 PM »
I'm loving this game and this thread but I do have to say, the line between a spoiler and some tips to fellow gamers is very small with this game.  I like to come on and read what everyone has done and received but sometimes I end up reading things that I didn't know about and would've preferred being surprised with lol. 

Anyways, I do love how the game spaces things out now.  Its annoying having to wait so long for things to happen or other things to become accessable but it makes the world feel alive as it grows over time.  The fact that some tools haven't been available in weeks is also a nice touch as it fosters players to see others out and want to visit their villages. 

How is everyone visiting each other's towns?  Are you all opening your gates and just randomly checking who's open when you are playing?  Every time I've gone on to see if anyone is open, I don't get any results.  I am a night owl though so I don't really expect everyone to be playing as late as me lol.  My progress has also suffered given the damn stores are just about closing when I finally get to put in work in AC.  AC needs a Walmart supercenter lol. 

Anyways, I think I've added everyone here so I'll be checking in on those gates every now and then lol.  Till then, I'm glad to see everyone is having fun.  AC is such an amazing game/series. 

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2013, 09:20:52 PM »
I know you said you don't want spoilers, but one of the things you can do as mayor is make the shops open later, so that should help you out.

J.P. Corbran

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2013, 09:50:37 PM »
i'm planning to open after i scour the place for any remains of my harvest.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2013, 10:17:56 PM »
Thanks insano, I've heard of that and can't wait till get that going.  tidbits aren't bad but bigger things I guess could be considered spoilers to some.  Just did my first ever visit to another town lol.  Was fun but damn do I wish there was Swype for chat lol.  I have it on my phone and it feels like such a pain to have to tap each letter to spell now lol.  I'll be looking to open my gates sometime tomorrow night.  Got oranges as my native fruit and that's about all I got going on at the moment lol.  Town name is Wnterfel (couldn't spell Winterfell so I compromised lol). 

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2013, 12:24:39 AM »
Thanks insano, I've heard of that and can't wait till get that going.  tidbits aren't bad but bigger things I guess could be considered spoilers to some.  Just did my first ever visit to another town lol.  Was fun but damn do I wish there was Swype for chat lol.  I have it on my phone and it feels like such a pain to have to tap each letter to spell now lol.  I'll be looking to open my gates sometime tomorrow night.  Got oranges as my native fruit and that's about all I got going on at the moment lol.  Town name is Wnterfel (couldn't spell Winterfell so I compromised lol). 
Thanks for visiting Scarboro, Manny et al! Twas fun! i wont be able to play online at all tomorrow, sadly, so I will have to come visit Winterfell another time. Yeah I'm slow at typing... I wish there was a chat log so you could review messages if you missed them (I noticed there was one for the Best Friends messages though). As for playing online with others, I've just been checking if anyone has their gate open, or I'll leave my gate open for people to visit, so it's been pretty random.

except for me...

Ahh sorry!! I've added you now :)

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2013, 01:13:31 AM »
Hey! I've added everybody who posted their code in this thread and will check in later to add more.

My Code: 4167-5352-7530
Town: Brindol
Fruit: Peaches

I just downloaded and started playing so I don't have much to offer quite yet. I really like to make custom designs of sports teams jerseys and stuff so if that appeals to you pop into my town in a week or so and check that out.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2013, 09:56:06 AM »
I played on the island with three friends and it was the best time I had in Animal Crossing ever. The games are addictive and being able to do whatever you like on the beach is the perfect balance of fun. Also communication between Best Friends is completely uncensored.

I made a mistake in my perception about how the island works though: once you can go there everyone can play. What you have to pay for is Club Tortimer which lets you play with people all over the world and from what I've read there isn't much activity there.

Nookling Junction is selling the exact same set of tools again. I don't understand how this is helpful... unless I just start trading or selling it off. I set the process to upgrade the store so hopefully that will switch things up. Redd is in my town today too.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2013, 12:08:54 PM »
So, I have no experience with this game, but I picked it up for my wife and she loves it.  Only problem now is that she accidentally sold her shovel, and when she went to go buy a new one, the store says it's sold out.

Could anyone provide input on how one re-purchases a shovel in this game, or if there's anything she can do in-game to earn a new one?

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2013, 02:38:31 PM »
The shop changes its wares every day, so a shovel will end up being sold again there eventually.

Would anyone like to visit my town? I have oranges, and I would like some other fruit.
I've built a second bridge, and now I am trying to get a fountain built just in front of town hall.