Author Topic: Episode 361: Slap Happy  (Read 14332 times)

Offline AwesomeUnicorn

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 361: Slap Happy
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2013, 01:19:20 PM »
To speak specifically as to soundtrack availability on iTunes, it's somewhat random. The best supported composers and series are almost fully available. Nobuo Uematsu and Akira Yamaoka have very robust selections available, and companies such as Square Enix and Konami seem to be making efforts to keep their selections vast and varied.  Most Final Fantasy soundtracks and a number of arranged albums are available, but there seem to be various licensing snags that can affect their availability, as they come and go from the store. One of the most frustrating examples is the Final Fantasy XIII soundtrack. Most of the soundtracks can be purchased for between eight and twenty-five dollars, but FFXIII can only be purchased by individual track, because the vocal theme at the end (presumably) couldn't be licensed for release in America.  (Interesting note: the Lightning Returns soundtrack is available already.)

As far as Nintendo soundtracks go, I can't think of any first-party titles that have any official soundtracks available, and I tend to check every couple of weeks. Otherwise, it's all third-party material.  Amusingly, Opoona's soundtrack is available. (A game that all too few people know about).  I really have no idea how well these sell, but they all seem to have a healthy number of reviews, and they all have high ratings.

Finally, sorry, Jonny, but the Brink of Time arranged album (which is incredible) isn't available. Only the Chrono Trigger original soundtrack.

Offline AdmanAbou

• Glittery Cowboy Pooh Bear
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2013, 04:08:35 AM »
Did anyone ever find that Zelda interview James talks about?
@Advntrbuddy01

Offline Hyawatta

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Shadow Site
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2013, 12:35:37 PM »
Non-Capacitive for Stylus Use
 The LeapPad is great for my 4-year old to practice writing with the stylus. It's much better than the educational apps that are on the Nabi tablet. With those, she has to use her finger to write, but with the LeapPad apps, she can practice holding the stylus like a pencil. I vote yes for non-capacitive touch screens.