Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1193527 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #4675 on: March 22, 2020, 08:40:12 PM »
I have to ask... how much is a movie ticket where you live? and do you spend anything at the concession?
A matinee is $7 to $10 depending on the theater.

Also, I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread so I’m going to lie down for a while because I have no idea what I’m doing.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: March 23, 2020, 02:18:53 PM »
So one 48hr "in-theater" rental @home (w/ unlimited popcorn, snacks, and bathroom break pauses) is in the same figure range as two tickets to theater that has none of the @home perks.

Seems more than reasonable to me.
Even if I was watching it alone. But that's just my opinion.

I think I may rent The Invisible Man and give that a watch

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4677 on: March 23, 2020, 03:12:04 PM »
Breaking Bad

Has anyone seen this show? J/k. I know I'm late on this one.  The whole series is streaming on Netflix.  It took me a while (years) to get through it though.

This show really is a slow burn for the first season.  The comedic tones lessen and the overall tone darkens over the series.  The quality is pretty consistent throughout.  The team didn't look like they ran out of ideas towards the end like some shows.  The last few episodes had a lot "Oh sh--!" moments in a row.  I thought the two main characters had an interesting arc.  I would've liked to see more for Jesse though, but maybe I'll check out El Camino for that.  The ending was pretty cool.  It's interesting that Walt got pretty lucky throughout the show but let his successful plans go to his head.  So, his story ended with a good bit of hubris and his recurring luck.

9/10
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: March 23, 2020, 03:22:06 PM »
I was actually a bit disappointed with El Camino.

It was beautifully shot and well written - and if you view it as an epilogue to the series, it does a satisfying job - but as a "Breaking Bad Movie"... I almost would have rather seen Vince take the money he was given and do a two-hour, wholly original movie than be anchored by trying to fill in the ending of Breaking Bad in two hours.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4679 on: March 23, 2020, 05:01:56 PM »
I haven't heard great things, but I'm still a bit eager to see it.  Glad to see it's at least satisfying.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4680 on: March 23, 2020, 06:13:04 PM »
It'll probably better for you for, since you just watched the show for the first time - basically, watching another two episodes.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: March 23, 2020, 10:44:21 PM »
I haven't heard great things, but I'm still a bit eager to see it.  Glad to see it's at least satisfying.
I wrote a short review when the movie first came out if you’re interested

Basically, I liked El Camino. It’s kind of unnecessary, but at least it doesn’t mess with the show or leave it in a worse place. It’s just more Breaking Bad. Then again, so is Better Call Saul. Not a bad thing per se. Given that we have an entire additional show that’s basically Breaking Bad, did we need a movie too? Probably not, and it’s a worse final chapter than Felina (not counting the short present day scenes in Better Call Saul). It’s good though which is the important thing.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: March 23, 2020, 11:46:37 PM »
Better Call Saul is my favorite show on right now.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4683 on: March 24, 2020, 06:35:34 PM »
I wrote a short review when the movie first came out if you’re interested

Basically, I liked El Camino. It’s kind of unnecessary, but at least it doesn’t mess with the show or leave it in a worse place. It’s just more Breaking Bad. Then again, so is Better Call Saul. Not a bad thing per se. Given that we have an entire additional show that’s basically Breaking Bad, did we need a movie too? Probably not, and it’s a worse final chapter than Felina (not counting the short present day scenes in Better Call Saul). It’s good though which is the important thing.

Nice review.  I'll make time to check it out this weekend.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4684 on: April 06, 2020, 03:04:18 PM »
I still haven't made time to watch El Camino, but has everyone watched Tiger King already?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: April 06, 2020, 05:22:30 PM »
I've purposely avoided watching Tiger King.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4686 on: April 06, 2020, 06:09:39 PM »
Any reason?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: April 06, 2020, 08:12:04 PM »
I still haven't made time to watch El Camino, but has everyone watched Tiger King already?
I watched Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness after seeing meme after meme about it. Honestly, it’s addictive. Most people they interview are terrible people or at least portrayed as such (I mean, they say some things that can’t be misconstrued so I lean toward them being terrible). They also gloss over Doc Antle’s weird breast-implant-sex-cult-polyamory-slavery thing. Granted, the documentary series was supposed to be largely about Joe Exotic and that bitch Carole Baskin so maybe they didn’t have time to go into all that. Still, just seemed odd to even mention it if they weren’t going to elaborate.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4688 on: April 06, 2020, 08:58:54 PM »
They touched on his sex cult so briefly, but you could kinda tell the current wives were either not gonna say anything or weren't allowed to.  They had the one person speak up, but I doubt there was time for more.  But yeah, probably the most colorful cast of characters assembled in a long time.  So many people just absolute shitbags.  I will say the people Joe was hiring were probably good people, just down on their luck when they met him, but all caring for the tigers.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: April 06, 2020, 11:58:28 PM »
Any reason?

I usually avoid trashy "reality" shows because they can be addicting and i'd rather just not get sucked into all that drama, regardless of how entertaining it may be.

It just emboldens more behavior like what's on display and provides financial stability to these people I'd rather not see become "rich and famous".

Not that i really know much about the show. That's just how i feel about most "reality" shows. I feel like it's ratcheted up for drama, but maybe this show is a lil different....

I also haven't ran out of stuff much higher up my list to watch.
I'm sure I'll eventually watch it with how much everyones talking about it. 🤣

edit: tried to edit autocorrect mispellings, but internet on phone decided not to load this page... some sort of script thing going on lately with this site on both my phone and computer.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 03:50:33 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4690 on: April 07, 2020, 12:08:29 AM »
It's not really a reality show; it's a docuseries, if that helps at all.  It's certainly less trashy than say a "housewives" show that plays up minor disputes as "drama" with cheap editing tricks.

It's also only 7, 45-minute episodes, so you can knock it out in a few days.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: April 07, 2020, 11:01:09 AM »

That still sounds like a lot of time spent watching garbage people. I've been considering it just for the pop culture references since it's "a thing" lately... but feel like my time is probably better off spent elsewhere. My opinion of humanity has already been lowered watching how we handle the current COVID-19 situation; why drop it even further?
NNID: ejamer

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: April 07, 2020, 11:40:06 AM »

That still sounds like a lot of time spent watching garbage people. I've been considering it just for the pop culture references since it's "a thing" lately... but feel like my time is probably better off spent elsewhere. My opinion of humanity has already been lowered watching how we handle the current COVID-19 situation; why drop it even further?

really though. (I haven't even updated that thread w/ the most recent BS... )
I keep seeing references everywhere, now I just have to not give in to boredom or curiosity until it eventually dies down.... or gets a season 2. LOL

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: April 07, 2020, 11:51:48 AM »
That still sounds like a lot of time spent watching garbage people.
That’s fair though I would start with whether you like documentaries. If you do, it’s a pretty good one. They do solid investigative work, and it didn’t feel sensationalized.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: April 11, 2020, 08:46:26 PM »
Started watching Community from the beginning. I’ve only seen a few episodes here and there as well as some clips on YouTube. I haven’t had access to network television since 2009. Anyway, I’m about six episodes in and my main take away is the show needs more Troy, Abed, and Annie. I heard the first three seasons are excellent, Season 4 is weird because Dan Harmon was fired, Season 5 was better because Harmon was rehired but it couldn’t recover from the damage done in Season 4 (also Donald Glover left the show and only appears in some episodes), and the less said about Season 6, the better. I’ll see if I agree with all that.

I finished the latest season of Castlevania a few weeks ago. I’ve been meaning to do a write up of Season 3. Boy, they did a number on Hector...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4695 on: April 11, 2020, 08:56:53 PM »
5 and 6 are different, mostly due to the cast changes, but I’d still say they’re really good. The “replacements” in the main cast all do a good job, and I particularly like Elroy.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: April 11, 2020, 09:58:56 PM »
I finished the latest season of Castlevania a few weeks ago. I’ve been meaning to do a write up of Season 3. Boy, they did a number on Hector...

No write-up needed: is it good?  Liked the first two seasons, and this is high on my "want to watch" list right now.

So I started watching iZombie thinking it would be a light and mostly funny take on investigative crime show. First season or maybe two were ok... but it's gotten worse the longer it goes. Midway through season 4 now and just really not enjoying where the show has gone; kind of hate watching my way through as background when focusing on other things.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: April 12, 2020, 01:01:58 AM »
No write-up needed: is it good?  Liked the first two seasons, and this is high on my "want to watch" list right now.
I have a lot of thoughts so I still want to do one. To answer your question: Yes, but it’s also the worst one. It felt like they were setting up Season 4 more than anything. Did you play Castlevania: Curse of Darkness? Season 3 continues to borrow from that game, but changes a lot. Not everything is a welcome addition. Bill Nighy is a delight as always. I’ll leave it at that in this post to avoid spoilers since you haven’t seen it yet.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: April 12, 2020, 09:29:30 AM »
I have a lot of thoughts so I still want to do one. To answer your question: Yes, but it’s also the worst one. It felt like they were setting up Season 4 more than anything. Did you play Castlevania: Curse of Darkness? Season 3 continues to borrow from that game, but changes a lot. Not everything is a welcome addition. Bill Nighy is a delight as always. I’ll leave it at that in this post to avoid spoilers since you haven’t seen it yet.

Very good!  And after I do watch, I'll look forward to reading the longer post.  :D

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4699 on: April 13, 2020, 10:40:14 AM »
Community seasons are all great, and the replacements are funny because they do a lot to make fun of fans of classic characters, but also honor said fans and characters.  Also the show gets better and better when it gets weirder.