Author Topic: Item Duplication Glitch Discovered in Animal Crossing: New Leaf  (Read 3997 times)

Offline JusDBerube

• King Nintendo Fanboy
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile

The economy is doomed.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34909

An item duplication glitch has been discovered in Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

This glitch requires two players and an Internet connection. The steps are as follows:

(NOTE: Nintendo World Report and/or the author are not responsible for any damage done to your game or save file. Do this at your own risk.)

1. Have the first player open up their town to friends over the Internet. This player will be known as the host.
  2. The second player, the visitor, should grab the item(s) they wish to duplicate and then travel to the host town.
  3. Once the visitor arrives in the host town, they should drop all the items they wish to duplicate on the ground.
  4. The host then needs to press start and select End The Multiplayer Session.
  5. Once the session is ending, the visitor needs to physically flick the switch on their 3DS's Wi-Fi to off at the right time when their game is saving. (Note: The host doesn't disconnect their Wi-Fi.)

The timing in which the visitor needs to disconnect in step five supposedly varies depending on latency from, according to people I've talked to. I've had the most success switching it off as the save wheel is about at its first half rotation on the visitors 3DS. Others have told me they have had the best results at one full rotation.

Here are some tips in case you are having trouble:

• If the visitor disconnects their Wi-Fi too early both the host and visitor will get a Resetti error message.

• If the visitor disconnects too late only the visitor will have the Resetti error message. Once the game restarts itself the item will no longer be in the visitors pocket but it will still be on the ground in the host town.

• If done correctly only the visitor will have the Resetti error. Upon recovering from this error the visitor will find they are back in their town with all the items they left with, basically reverting the to their previous save. The host, having saved his game properly, will have the item(s) the visitor dropped still sitting in their town.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Item Duplication Glitch Discovered in Animal Crossing: New Leaf
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 07:53:10 PM »
How lame do you need to be to cheat at Animal Crossing?  Oh wait.. don't even think I want to know the answer, given how many time travelling fiends are out there.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Rodrigue

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 09:10:27 PM »
Glad I don't give a crap about trading in that game.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 09:21:55 PM »
This feels like the duping trick from Pokemon Red/Blue all over again.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 10:00:53 PM »
It's more like the GTS trick we see today.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 10:14:49 PM »
Stupid Fed pumping the town economy by pumping Bells into the system. Hyper inflation will cause Tom Nook's prices to go waayyyy up.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 12:16:06 AM »
This is Weimar Germany all over again.   
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 08:57:07 PM »
Stupid Fed pumping the town economy by pumping Bells into the system. Hyper inflation will cause Tom Nook's prices to go waayyyy up.

Can Nintendo patch the game to do just this? A changing economy in real time for this game would be pretty amazing
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 09:11:44 PM »
I actually thought it'd be pretty cool if items like Turnip prices, bug prices, fish prices, etc.. were all affected by how many people were selling them.  For example, you might wake up to Retail buying turnips at 512.  So, you sell off all of yours.  Then, you start inviting people in.  As more people sell, Retail starts offering less and less. Same with any particular creature.  Start farming beetles at night?  Eventually, they'll be worthless.   Meanwhile, those SeaBass that you're always throwing back.. suddenly, there's a demand for them.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 09:47:51 PM »
To me, using this glitch would only cheat yourself.  Animal Crossing to me is all about the journey of slowly building up your house and city, and fast-tracking that too much would only cheapen the experience and shorten the amount of time you get into the game. 

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 05:02:35 PM »
considering how utterly absurd some items are to get (getting a functional ABD for your house requires you to store 100,000,000 bells in the bank,) it isn't all bad.

Offline SugarPixelz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 05:31:32 PM »
I did this accidentally the other day before I knew about this. My friend was at my town and I put a bunch of stuff down for him and he picked it up and left. But I still had the gate open and I forgot about it and I shut my DS and when I opened it, he had the stuff, but I had the stuff on the ground where I left it.