Author Topic: New Side-Scrolling Chibi Robo Coming to 3DS in Japan  (Read 1263 times)

Offline the_dan_x

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Next Door Gamer
New Side-Scrolling Chibi Robo Coming to 3DS in Japan
« on: May 30, 2015, 11:54:15 PM »

Complete with Amiibo support!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/40337/new-side-scrolling-chibi-robo-coming-to-3ds-in-japan

A new side scrolling title in the Chibi Robo series is headed to the Nintendo 3DS in Japan this fall. Titled Nagenawa Action Guru Guru Chibi Robo, the game has the tiny robot using his electric cord as a lasso, whip even as a grappling hook to attach to platforms and walls.

The title will also feature Amiibo support in the form of a Chibi Robo Amiibo which is set to be released at the same time as the game. During gameplay, if the Amiibo is read by the 3DS, it can turn the in-game character into Super Chibi Robo, a gold version of the little robot that is faster and has more health.

There is currently no word as to when Nagenawa Action Guru Guru Chibi Robo will release in the West.

Danny Bivens
Japan Correspondent
Nintendo World Report

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: New Side-Scrolling Chibi Robo Coming to 3DS in Japan
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 07:11:44 AM »
You all laughed, you called him crazy and delusional.
BUT GUILLAUME CALLED IT! SKIP LTD RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

As for the game it's self it looks kinda low budget and generic compared to the chibi of days past, although I'll reserve judgement.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 07:35:25 AM »
It's scary that Kirby now has a formula and Chibi Robo is the IP Nintendo decides to do whatever they want with.

I made the joke already, but looks like Nintendo took it upon themselves to make a Castlevania title.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 05:36:28 PM »
I need to re-pick-up the first Chibi Robo. I have the DS one, and that's another one I haven't played yet. 2D platformer, though? Right up my alley!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 11:58:36 PM »
I want that amiibo like so bad you guys.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)