Author Topic: Mafia LXV: Super Smash Bros. for Mafia. Day 1. Battlefield.  (Read 9492 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LXV: Super Smash Bros. for Mafia. Day 1. Battlefield.
« on: February 09, 2015, 03:12:38 AM »
Hello. My name is Masahiro Sakurai. Let me tell you something about myself first.

With that out of the way, let me just say that I expect you to say nothing bad about me now in this interview we are doing.

To get down to business, let me talk about this new game I'm working on. Super Smash Bros for Nintendo World Report Mafia Forums. As you know, I recently released a Smash Bros. game for 3DS and for Wii U. However, those were just obligatory games I had to make in order to make my real passion. A game for the NWR forums. Everyone knows the 3DS game was just for Japan and the Wii U game was just a port keep Captain Toad from being the only game released on Wii U for Holiday season but would not be bought by many people. In order to make a Smash Bros. game that could truly have a global audience, I wanted to step beyond conventional gaming systems to the next level of Nintendo gaming which is Nintendo Forum Gaming on the internet. It is region free and has a low cost of entry.

No, it is a Nintendo product because the Nintendo name is on it. Nintendo wouldn't let their name be used or put on something that isn't a product of theirs. Anyways, no more question right now please. My arms are acting up and I must hold them above my head. But please come and see the next generation of Smash in action.

I expect this interview to take a few days for you to fully appreciate the depth and scope of this game and all its intricacies. We are still testing for balancing issues so you are visiting at a very exciting time as we work to finish this game for market.

First, I'd like to show you the new menu design we are currently going with. I took to heart the complaints of the menu user interface not being well designed and have told my wife about the shame and disgrace she has brought upon the Smash Bros. name. However, she took the criticism to heart and during another epileptic fit too far? too cruel? too wrong? said that this design came to her and will work much better and satisfy fans this time around. I think you can see that things are much clearer now.

Well, let's select a lot of fighters and show you what the new 15 player battle royal tournament looks like. As you can see we have many returning and new characters for this game. You may recognize this familiar stage. It is the Battlefield stage. All tournaments start here and then other random stages will be chosen after. Please enjoy as our game testers battle it out.

Of course, the music is just as important. The main theme for this stage is from Brawl but I think you'll agree that it is still quite impressive even after all this time.

Now let's see how the fighters stack up.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 12:40:59 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXV: Super Smash Bros. for Mafia. Day 1. Battlefield.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 03:12:56 AM »
Announcements:

Voting ends at Midnight EST. I should at least make that clear. Night actions are due 30 minutes after the vote deadline unless there is a tiebreak required.

If you have not done so, please choose a character for the game. You can not choose Sakurai though as I will be playing him for the game. Otherwise, I will just assign a character to you for story purposes.

The roles and basic rules sections are now up and running for you to study over as you feel like. I recommend at least checking over the tie break section to understand how that is working for this game.

The items section of the rules is now finished. Details of what the items can do are listed as well as what assigned items mean and how you can acquire items are all outlined. Probably in too much detail as per my posting habits.

At this point, all rules for this game are now in place and posted and all roles and items are assigned so all technical elements are in place. I just need to catch up on the story.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 05:31:27 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 07:35:53 AM »
SMASH: (Vote) Hypotheliciously

Bomberman enters the battle.  Sees that there are obvious teams...but is color blind after witnessing so many explosions.

Since we have no idea where to start, and my time zone is kinda funky, I will just get this party started.  This is completely random...so I will check back for more information if it becomes available. 

PS:  Do will we know if items are given, and to whom? 

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 07:45:00 AM »

Wii Fit Trainer enters the battle.

Oh bomberman, you've always looked a little bit pudgy in those tights and helmet. But it's never to late to shape up.

Let's get fired up!
NNID: ejamer

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 12:43:50 PM »

Charizard enjoyed the freedom granted to him after all of those years as a childs play thing or as a mere pokeball summon, but as he stood upon the mountain,  looking upon the fools before him throwing votes around willy nilly, not realizing that their actions had consequences. Charizard looked upon those assembled before but he saw only the clouds of uncertainty.

Actions have consequences, Charizard reminded himself, he had learned that the hard way, and his choice to utilize the move "flare blitz" served as a brutal reminder of this lesson.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 12:56:26 PM »
I, R.O.B., Have Declare myself the Winner of this Game.  Since Anarchy Reigns I have decided that it would be so and since there are no rules to stop me It is.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 02:40:05 PM »
*tries to scrub away some of the soot that Charizard left*
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 03:20:51 PM »
Ok, I'm not going to be able to play this whole game without saying anything, so I'm going to serve as a (hopefully) less annoying Telly, bossing Chibi Robo around. Like so:

Chibi Robo, say hello to everyone.

[!]
     |  /
  [• •]
"–|  |–"
    || \__,,

Great job! *spews out some happy points*
Twitter

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 03:59:53 PM »
Great start, Charizard!

Feeling the burn is a great way to melt off those extra holiday pounds. Just remember to take the time to cool down properly once you've finished.

It's also good that you've finally realized those midnight snacks have consequences... now is the time to take control and get back in shape together.

In case I don't get back on in time, un-Smash (Vote) Ceric. Sorry R.O.B. but you need to change that attitude if you are ever going to touch your toes again. Just remember to breath deeply and stay positive.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 07:40:23 PM by ejamer »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 04:13:59 PM »
Little known fact about the Mafia: Although typically portrayed by Italians, the original Mafias were, in fact, Swedish.

Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 04:16:25 PM »
You see this Fleshy Curved one is trying to subjugate us Angled Ones and the Pilot Flamer.

Down With Curves!
Up with Angles!

*Spin Spin Spin*
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 04:32:21 PM »
Chibi, I think ROB could use a little cheering up.

*brings ROB a flower*
Twitter

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 05:31:50 PM »
Announcement box has been fully updated. I actually think this could be a pretty cool game here. I've thought about how to blend smash elements into this game and I think this game could have a really strong Smash feel and play to it. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all goes down. Time to start getting hyped, players!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 05:35:40 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 06:30:35 PM »
I have no idea what's going on!

Smash (vote) Stratos!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 06:50:43 PM »
So umm...there isn't really any mazes or walls to blow up in this battle.  So huh...strange. 

I'm kinda new to this Smash game...so what are the rules? 

I guess I can just set my bombs anywhere?  OK?  Yeah, I will do that. 

*Places bomb*

Umm, guys, I would you  know...not touch this...It'll probably explode in 3 seconds.

(Runs away.)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 07:18:57 PM »
**BOOM**

Wow.  Guys I found out my bombs act more like my round 3D bombs.  Interesting.

The manual says I get "special moves" by tilting and attacking. 

Let's see...

Detonator Bomb?  Awesome.
Slime Bomb?  Wow my old favorite.
Power Kick and Power Punch...nice

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 07:52:19 PM »
Participation, participACTION!

In light of the comments above, changing to Smash (Vote) lolmonade. Remember: it's important to stay active if you want to maintain your strength and balance.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 09:04:40 PM »
It's a me, Dr. Mario!  Back from my sabbatical, and its-a clear to me many of you haven't been taking your medicine while i'm away! 

Now its-a time to make some house calls!

Oh no!  ejamer, you've been especially lax in my doctors' orders!  You've clearly been following my recommended exercise regimen, but have neglected my request to get restful nights sleep, otherwise your judgement wouldn't be so hazy!

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 09:14:34 PM »
Participation, participACTION!

In light of the comments above, changing to Smash (Vote) lolmonade. Remember: it's important to stay active if you want to maintain your strength and balance.

Haha, I see what you're saying, but I'll play Miasmo's advocate. I'm no Lolmonade apologist, but I'm also not ready to label someone "inactive" and worthy of a vote until it's been longer than half a day.

I'm going to withhold my vote until a little bit later…

edit: Ohai Lolmonade!
Twitter

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 09:34:10 PM »
Barks vigorously.

Also quacks.

"Yup!"

The Zapper is pointed ominously at Lucariofan99. Rapid fire clicking begins.

Vote Lucariofan99.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 09:42:54 PM »
So guys what's it like to be loved by your creators and in new games?

Mega Man, Ice Climbers?  Samus?  Really...I just want to know how I can be appreciated again. 

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 10:20:22 PM »
Great start, Charizard!

Feeling the burn is a great way to melt off those extra holiday pounds.
Another great way to feel the burn and trim fat is if you happen to have a Poison Mushroom, now if you don't know how to handle it that could have some nasty effects on your health but let's just say I've learned some things over the years...

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2015, 11:40:15 PM »
...screw it...

vote lucariofan99

Do not forsake who you are just because "Ike is a better fighter" you must be true to yourself. If you apply enough effort you can become a better warrior then anyone else.

The real Ike fights for his friends and yet you forsake them based on their shortcomings... disgusting...

Be true to yourself or begone.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2015, 11:53:57 PM »
We need to get this game free of those who aren't from this country, and don't respect our beloved U.S. Postal Service. Vote Lucariofan99.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2015, 11:55:43 PM »
5 minutes left.

Current vote tally is:

Lucariofan99 - 3
Hyptheliciously - 1
lolmonade - 1
Stratos - 1