Author Topic: Bye Bye Gamecube  (Read 20253 times)

Offline boggy b

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2003, 12:50:48 AM »
Am I the only person who think's Cube323's posts are consistently attacks against people and other companies that aren't Nintendo? I mean, he's fine flaming PS2 fanboys for their difference of opinion, but I wonder if he can see that he's also a blind fanboy...  Big deal, he doesn't like Nintendo any more, get over it. It's not like it affects you in any way.

While the topis itself is possibly a bit pointless...jeep the flaming down people. A difference of opinion doesn't make you wrong, since opinions are never 'right' in the first place. They are just opinions...

If you want any suggestions for PS2 games, then you can ask me. But mostly just buy the games you want. That's what I do :-)  
"And when he gets to heaven,
To St. Peter he will tell:
One more soldier reporting Sir,
I've served my time in hell."

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2003, 01:01:45 AM »

I just cant see where you can say GC has better games, PS2 has the GTA series, FF series, Tekken, Midnight Club Stree Racing1 & 2 (both excellent), Grand Turisimo, Socom, Everquest Online, Breath of Fire, Dark Cloud, Exellent Wrestling games, Contra, Devil May Cry, Dynasty Warriors, Fatal Frame, The Getaway, Half-Life, Jak & Daxter, Max Payne, and I can name many more.

Over half of those games are crap games that i bet YOU dont even like. GC has the Mario series, the Zelda series, the Pokemon series, the Metroid series, the Sonic series, the Super Monkey Ball series, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, SSBM, Soul Caliber 2 with Link, Mario Kart, Starfox, Eternal Darkness, every single gameboy game ever, Beach Spikers, F-zero, Giftpia, Ikaruga, and i can name many more. Those are ALL quality titles, every single one of them. How anyone can think ps2 is superior to the cube is beyond me, the cube even has better graphics to boot. And look at my game collection, i have a ps2, so im not making this up. I bet you never had a Nintendo GameCube nintendokid.

Offline boggy b

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2003, 01:07:44 AM »
Have you heard of 'opinion', Mario? Just as you like Zelda, there are 12 year old girls who think that Britney's Dance Beat is the best game ever.

Like I said, the thread is a bit retarded (wow,  I really wanted to know you've sold your Gamecube), that doesn't mean you have to flame him...
"And when he gets to heaven,
To St. Peter he will tell:
One more soldier reporting Sir,
I've served my time in hell."

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2003, 01:47:08 AM »
Im not making anything up, im not stating anything as fact, its all my opinion of course. Anyway, just look at www.gamerankings.com and see that most reviewers agree with me. *shrugs* oh well, ill just let this thread die now....

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2003, 02:07:38 AM »
LMFAO

Who cares if he gave it away.
He didnt say anything derogitory, he simply stated the facts and you bite his head off.

He likes the style of games the PS2 has over Nintendo.

Why is that so hard to deal with?

Grow up.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2003, 02:15:26 AM »
its hard to deal with because we are nintendo fans on a nintendo forums, you should realise that, we mostly rank nintendo higher than anyone else and dont take kindly when someone thinks someone is greater than nintendo. nintendo put out awsome games, and to chose something over them seems illogical to nintendo fans, and im in this frame of mind aswell.

its obvious posting something like this in a nintendo oriented forum will cause negative feelings.

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2003, 02:33:16 AM »
Piac

That may be the case, but it surely doesnt promote much in the way of conversation or discussion.

A bunch of people patting each other on the back about what great choices they have made.

How novel.

On a side note, I just picked up todays Toronto Sun, and it had a Future Shop flyer in it. It had a full page for PS2 and a full page for x-box, also had half a page for Gameboy and PC games, didnt have a single cube game or related itm in it.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2003, 02:36:42 AM »
it promotes conversation about nintendo stuff which is kinda the whole idea behind the forum, and theres mostly just talk on upcomming games, current games and sales figures, very little ego boosting going on, no WE R TEH GAMECUBE OWNERS HOORAYZ FOR US! threads.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2003, 02:49:20 AM »
NintendoKiD didn't sell his Cube.
He gave it to his younger sister so that means that, unless she's homless or living with a boyfriend (!), the Cube is still in the house.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2003, 03:29:05 AM »

On a side note, I just picked up todays Toronto Sun, and it had a Future Shop flyer in it. It had a full page for PS2 and a full page for x-box, also had half a page for Gameboy and PC games, didnt have a single cube game or related itm in it.

And that has what to do with anything in this thread?

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2003, 03:31:05 AM »
The fact that cubedcanuck is probably gonna give his GC to his little sister and start praising PS2 as well.

We have to look at the little signs.

Offline NoVisAnima

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2003, 03:36:14 AM »
But he did sell his N64. I mean that's a mistake in itself *snigger*

Honestly i think that you dont really need to get all high and mighty with pro nintendo stuff. I am myself a nintendo fan but i'm not going to appreciate that different people prefer different games. There are games on the PS2 and Xbox that i'd like to play, I'll still keep purely with my gamecube though due to cost issues. Honestly i believe that anyone who just constantly disses GTA3 and Vice City is someone who doesn't understand that these are good games. The hype that surrounds them because of their content is bad, but the games themselves are rather enjoyable.

People have a right to their own desision but i think it was quite foolish of NintendoKid to proclaim that he'd got rid of the GC on this forum. ~:/

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2003, 04:05:20 AM »
"There are games on the PS2 and Xbox that i'd like to play..."

That's a sign! A sign I tells ya! He's gonna leave us in a months time!

"The hype that surrounds them because of their content is bad..."
Bad? From what I heard, there's been nothing but praises for the game for its pretty violent content. Go to any 10 year old male in a school (not the fat Star Wars geek, but then even he may like it too), and he will tell you that GTA is cool cause you can steal cars, rape chicks, and bash people. Go to a 'mature' adult male, and he'll tell you that GTA has good gameplay, and overrated violence (just as you have said), but secretly mean that you can steal cars, rape chicks, and bash people.

Offline Bartman3010

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2003, 04:09:46 AM »
Pah, online plans. Back in my day, I went around playing as Sonic in Quake 3 in servers that I didnt have to pay a dime for. Except for my internet service of course.

Then again, Sony's online plan felt like they just wanted in the band wagon. I heard big buzz about X Box Live, but not Sony PS2 Online. Theres not one PS2 game online that you cant get the same greatness (Or lack thereof) from a PC title. In fact, some of the PS2's online games are PC titles that had a sequel already released at the same time. Apparently stuff like this sales like hot cakes, but didnt that one interview (With that Silicon Knights guy) say that Sony is having money problems because of their online plan?

Oh well, a PS2 is a fine choice I guess? I dont have one and dont plan to get one in the near future.
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline CHEN

• These peas taste AWESOME
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2003, 04:27:27 AM »
Uhm...isn't the Gamecube already online with PSO? Okay it's not much, but it's a start...

It's his loss, personally I don't want Nintendo to develope online games. Let other 3rd parties develope it and let Nintendo do their thing, namely making the best damn games in the world.

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2003, 04:39:13 AM »
I completly agree, Chen. I also believe online games ae extemely over-rated. Multi-player games where you know who you are playing against are cool, but in online ones you might as well be playing againt very realistic and very rude bots.
Om mani padme hum.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2003, 05:03:57 AM »
ROFL!!!!

Yes, dumping your cube and going to a PS2 to "satisfy your gaming needs" reminds me a bit of Hugh Grant turning his back on 'Liz Hurley and paying Divine Brown 10 bucks to "satisfy HIS gaming needs."

Who in God's name would do such a thing!?!? Really? (Besides the obvious answer)

t reminds me of this kid i once knew who was the little step brother of a freind i know. Anyways he sold his n64 and all hsi games and bought a playstation and tomb raider..he was caught jerking off to Lara croft.....

Now that is just wrong. Now I understand why you said "Once knew". Kids are so screwed up these days.

I love inuendos.

I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline GCSoccer

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2003, 05:04:26 AM »
hey now, i am not here to flame you, you've already gotten plenty, i just wanna ask, doesnt anyone remember that free online service that nintendo and gamespy are developing?  Personally, i'd wait for that instead of having a monthly fee all the time. Just a thought.

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2003, 05:58:36 AM »
I don't think this guy ever had a Gamecube.  I think he's just a poser PS fanboy.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2003, 06:05:29 AM »

I don't think this guy ever had a Gamecube. I think he's just a poser PS fanboy.

Of course, why else would his opinion differ from yours.

Good grief

Offline John Squire

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2003, 06:56:19 AM »
Don't be so hard on this guy.  While similar posts I have seen looked like flamebait, this one seems more of a frustration posting.  He had 13 GC games and it wasn't the console for him.  You can't say he didn't give the cube a chance (13 is a lot of games).  

His invalid complaints (IMO):

-Wrestling:  PS2 is not that much better for wrestling games.  Both consoles have Def Jam, and Ultimate Muscle is GC exclusive.  From what I've heard, wrestling games this generation besides those two are merely mediocre.

His valid complaints:

-GC won't go online.  Online may be a priority for him.  It's not to many of us, but our opinion doesn't make something irrelevant.  

-Current Nintendo games have let him down a bit.  He may be bored of what Nintendo has released thus far.  

-He likes the PS2 lineup better.  Personal preference here.  You also can't deny the fact that the PS2 library is much larger.  

It sounds like his complaints are less to do with the PS2 and everything to do with disillusionment with Nintendo.  He feels that they have not performed up to the high standards he has placed upon them.  The fact that they are not jumping online says to him that Nintendo are not willing to take risks that he wants them to take.  There is no one to blame here, Nintendo just does not appeal to this person anymore. Who knows, maybe he won't be satisfied with the PS2 either.  Maybe something on the Cube will catch his eye later and rekindle that love.  He can always play on his sister's Cube.

Offline The Doc

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2003, 07:11:17 AM »
I do not understand why someone would give up their GameCube for a PS2. In my opinion, Nintendo GameCube is the best console of the  three. The PS2 could be used as a coffee table, and the Xbox would be a nice door stop or space heater (  the Xbox sounds like a jet engine). Well nintendokid you gave up your GameCube for a PS2 and as a result, you are going to miss out on a lot of quality games such as: Resident Evil 4, Geist, Animal Crossing 2, Mario 128, Sequel to Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, and many more. Well I am done with this post and in all honestly, this post should be closed, I just wanted to make fun of the PS2 and Xbox for a minute or so. This jerk knew that we would get all fired up and flame him and that is what most of us did. Bottom line is don't mess with Nintendo or its fans!

The Doc  

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2003, 07:17:28 AM »
NintendoKID: Good luck on your decision, and enjoy your PS2. At $80 for a PS2 with three games, i hope you don't have any problems with it; used PS2's aren't quite the most reliable systems. i'd recommend some good games, but that's a discussion for another forum (or site completely).

i can't believe some of the posts in this thread. NintendoKID was just saying goodbye. If you want something more than Nintendo games, or if you want online games, then a GC isn't a good choice. IConversely, if you want to play Nintendo games, then the Xbox and PS2 aren't good choices. i don't know exactly how long, but NintendoKID's been on these forums for a while and was also on the old forums. It's not like he/she registered just to slam the cube.  
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2003, 07:39:24 AM »
Pfft, I can't understand all you guys who like GTA (GTA was the most tolerable, the sequels sucked even more). When you play the demo, you want the full version, but after a while it gets really boring. But well, games obviousely cannot please everyone. I hope you find what you're looking for on PS2 and don't fall for some overhyped games.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2003, 07:45:29 AM »
LOL,

Yeah, the immature level in here is pretty high, so  what he's getting a PS2--it's his choice and his opinion.  

I use my PS2 alot because there's always something to play, especially RPG and fighters not to mention sports.

Right now my GC hasn't been touched since LoZ WW which lasted 2 weeks.  It was great but I won't be replaying it anytime soon (maybe another 4-5 years).  

That's where online/mp kicks in--longevity.  

As for "future" games, PS2 lineup isn't to bad, when your bragging out MGS TS, they are going be playing MGSIIISE.  :0.