Author Topic: Bye Bye Gamecube  (Read 20277 times)

Offline NintendoKiD

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« on: June 12, 2003, 05:20:40 PM »
Today I gave my Gamecube and Animal Crossing to my little sister. I took my 12 other games + the N64 and a few N64 games we had and sold them at GameStop for a brand new PS2. For about $80 I bought a PS2+Broad band adapter, SOCOM, GTA III, and Midnight Club Street Racing. My GameCube just couldnt satisfy my gaming needs, although I will pick up a GBA SP for classics and Mega Man games. Tomorrow I'm taking a trip to Best Buy for some speakers and an ethernet cable to run from my network card to my PS2. Well so long..
Currently Playing

PS2 - Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, WWE Shut Your Mouth.

NES - Legend of Zelda, Alien 3

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 05:25:28 PM »
NintendoKID, if you didn't live in the States I'd have killed you by now.
I hope you enjoy you PS2, however, but you SUCK!
UGH!
*Storms off crying*

But you still have your Gamecube! Play it! PLAY IT!
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2003, 05:29:47 PM »
Well, if all you had was Animal Crossing, I can see why you would be hurting for games.    Although I probably would have bought some new games rather than buy a PS2.

Just curious though.  What game on the PS2 is it that you really want?
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline bubba23

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2003, 05:46:30 PM »
A true Nintendo Kid would not do such a thing. It's time to retire your forum name, because you don't deserve it.  
Bubba 23

Atari 2600  - NES  - GB - Genesis - SNES - N64 - Dreamcast - PS2 - GBA SP - GC (with GBP)  - XBox - PC

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2003, 05:57:48 PM »
Can you delete youself, or ask Rick or Daniel to delete you?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2003, 06:04:20 PM »
Now now people.    Just because he doesn't own or like Nintendo consoles anymore doesn't mean that he has to give up his name.  (Unfitting though it may be)

Offline Cube323

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2003, 06:33:54 PM »
What's the point of this?  Really?  You gave up your GameCube, good for you.  Now retire your forum name and go over to some $ony fanboy site and shut the hell up  Seriosly who gives a cr*p if you gave up your GameCube.  What psychological problem makes you feel anyone cares or even wants your opinion on the matter?  What are people supposed to feel bad that you no longer support the GameCube?

Here's some food for thought, GTA is actually cartoon ultra-violence for 10 years olds, even though its a supposed "mature" title.  Also Socom has been totally ruined by online cheating.  Seriously, I own it myself.  Enjoy  

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2003, 06:37:47 PM »
Imagine:
NintendoKiD on the PS2 forums.
"Hey n00b, why you have the 'n' word on your name?
"Cause it was my name on another forums."
"Well why you not have SonyKiD? Why have N******oKiD? GO away you N******o lover!"

"Hey PGC, can I come back now?"

As you can see, Nintendo is a rude word to Sony and M$ fanboys. It is banned on their forums.
You'll be back, NintendoKiD. Believe me!
YOU'LL COME CRAAAWLIN' BACK HERE!

Offline mojorizin

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2003, 07:30:37 PM »
Considering his tag read -playing Eternal Darkness and Wind Waker - exactly what do you hope to find on PS2 to meet your gaming needs?  SOCOM?  Sonny, as it looks like you already have a CPU, if online gaming is what you want, there's a helluva lot better out there than SOCOM.  As for the other two you are so proud of picking up, I can't think of many GC games whose jocks those games could hold.

Offline yellowfellow

• I have become comfortably numb.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2003, 07:32:59 PM »
clap* clap* clap*

..thank you... my life is now complete  
procrastination and masturbation are fine, until you realize you're only screwing yourself

Offline mojorizin

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2003, 07:53:13 PM »
Yes, dumping your cube and going to a PS2 to "satisfy your gaming needs" reminds me a bit of Hugh Grant turning his back on 'Liz Hurley and paying Divine Brown 10 bucks to "satisfy HIS gaming needs."  

Both of you tossed out something spectacular, got screwed and have nothing to show for it.

Offline NIN10D0

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2003, 07:55:01 PM »
I think you made a mistake, there are great games coming out later for GC.

Resident Evil 4(this game alone is worth keeping GC for me)
Metroid Prime 2(same here)
Killer 7(I have a high expectation for this game)
Viewtiful Joe(LOVED playing the demo)
New Mario(another high expectation)
New Zelda(with realistic 3d graphic it will be awesome)
and more...

And some of the games, I will treasure them in my collection.
RE0-1, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime, Ikaruga

I understand lack of game quantities for GC, that's why I recently bought a PS2 after $180 price cut, since I've felt that way as well(and I am a big FF and Capcom action game fan). But I'd NEVER even consider selling my GC.
Well I guess you could still buy GC games and play on your sister's GC, so it's not a total loss.  

Offline SilverBack1138

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2003, 08:05:52 PM »

Originally posted by: mojorizin
 SOCOM?  Sonny, as it looks like you already have a CPU, if online gaming is what you want, there's a helluva lot better out there than SOCOM.  As for the other two you are so proud of picking up, I can't think of many GC games whose jocks those games could hold.

Actually, SOCOM wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't a great game either.  It's still fun though.  There are better soldier games out there but most of them are on the PC.  Ghost Recon is awesome, but the console version sucked.

I really think that's too bad that he sold of his GCN.  It's a great system.  I also have a PS2 and I love it, but Nintendo is where my heart is.  I think that there's room for multiple platforms because each one doesn't cover all the different games out there.  The only one that I don't have is XBox, I almost got one until I realized that the library was way too limited.  Mech Assault and Crimson Sea were awesome, but the rest of the games suck.  As much as they brag about Half Life 2, Doom 3, Ghost Recon, Counterstrike and other games, some of these games have been on my PC for over a year.  Why get a system that has PC games when those games will be better on their native platform?  For every person that got rid of their GCN I hope you rethink it, because it's a great system that is getting even better.

Professional soldiers are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2003, 09:14:29 PM »
It always upsets me when people buy a ps2 for those games.  I bought my ps2 for games like FF, Ico, DDR, kingdom hearts, etc.  Those games are worth it.  They are actually original things (or sequels to original things =P).  Not just mind numbing time killing things like gta...

ehh, i guess this is flamebait, but i don't care.    
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline NintendoKiD

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2003, 09:27:12 PM »
First of all I'm not really into PC gaming, I do not like sitting in my computer chair for 4-6 hours straight playing a game, I would much rather sit on my comfy couch in my room and play video games. Secondly, GC has no online plan, and I guarentee the cube does not go online. Thirdly, the games on the PS2 are far superior to the selection on the GC IMO. Its even backwards compatible so I can play FF7. The PS2 also has excellent wrestling games, sure GC will get that new Wrestlemania, well ok thats one game..wheres the others? Eternal Darkness and Wind Waker were cool until I beat them, now what? As far as this list goes...

Resident Evil 4(this game alone is worth keeping GC for me) - Tons of RE Games on PS2
Metroid Prime 2(same here) - Not a Metroid fan
Killer 7(I have a high expectation for this game) - Haven't played
Viewtiful Joe(LOVED playing the demo) - Haven't played
New Mario(another high expectation) - SMS gave me a huge disapointment so I'm not looking forward to any new Mario game unless its  a Super Mario Bros game.
New Zelda(with realistic 3d graphic it will be awesome) - I heard the next game will be following the Cel Shaded path, if its realistic 3d yeah that'll be cool, but I'll live.

Its not like I will be missing out on all the Nintendo action, I am going to pick up a Flame GBA SP. And IMO SOCOM is an excellent game. By far the best online game available for the 2 online systems. The PS2 has a better game in each genre and by far it blows some of Nintendo's games away. The 3rd party games for Nintendo are usually crappy half ass games that are just thrown to the side, and come out a few months late.  I just cant see where you can say GC has better games, PS2 has the GTA series, FF series, Tekken, Midnight Club Stree Racing1 & 2 (both excellent), Grand Turisimo, Socom, Everquest Online, Breath of Fire, Dark Cloud, Exellent Wrestling games,  Contra, Devil May Cry,  Dynasty Warriors,  Fatal Frame, The Getaway, Half-Life, Jak & Daxter,  Max Payne,  and I can name many more.
Currently Playing

PS2 - Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, WWE Shut Your Mouth.

NES - Legend of Zelda, Alien 3

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2003, 10:01:52 PM »
cant say i will miss you i still find it funny that you put the fact you think my room is crap in your sig, ahhwell, byebye now

Offline Cube323

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2003, 10:05:41 PM »
Bon Voyage!  

Speak for yourself.  Insulting others is a great way to get banned. - Jonny

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2003, 10:07:12 PM »
Woah! Look who's defending the PS2 now!
I bet before you were like: "Nintendo rules! NO one is better!"
Then a few weeks ago, you're like: "Each console has it's good games. Sony has heaps of games though."
And now your like: "Sony is teh bommb! I can name every single PStoo game in da maaaket! Nintendo is good for a couple of games, but dey suck ass compared to PStooo!"

Note the sarcasm.

"Eternal Darkness and Wind Waker were cool until I beat them, now what?"

Well, you could say the same about all the PS2 games you mentioned, except the level/stage games like racing (which there also happen to be on GC as well).

Once you turn into a Sony/M$ fanboy, you just name all the games to try and make a point. Why? We know it has heaps of games. Don't pin it on us just cause you're OPENLY praising the PS2 and knocking the GC.
I'm sorry, but any fanboy who says he likes Gamecubes, but PS2 is better is just asking for a beating.
I know for a fact that you're so comfortable with your PS2 cause now you are cool. You can bask in the fact that people are gonna pat you on the back and say "what took you so long bro?" There are so many games you named that were good, so go buy them. Now. Go on. I dare ya. But not using your parent's money. Your own. Now you see my point that some of us don't NEED so many games? I only have 6. I envy you if you're a rich bastard, but hey, that's the only way you're gonna get all those games (and if you have a job), but if you're not, it'll be a while before you own a library of games like that.

And what are you still doing here?

I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but the fact that you're still here talking about PS2 reminds me of Jirachi, who just kept talking about how good Xbox was. But he was banned. You're leaving voluntarily, so that saves all of us some trouble right there.

EDIT:
And PIAC's room is great the way it is. Show us you're room then Richie Rich.

Offline Cube323

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2003, 10:10:02 PM »
NintendoKid is a fool who probably never even owned a GameCube.  Don't waste your time with him.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2003, 10:13:03 PM »
Hmm, the fact that he said he gave his sister his GC and Animal Crossing wasn't an indication?

Offline Matrix

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2003, 11:11:31 PM »
Smells like flame bait to me. You pretty much knew what the response would be.

It's your Cube, though. You're free to do with what you want.

Though, I don't understand how people can't get good gaming experiances out of their cubes. I have a new game I'm drooling over every month.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2003, 11:13:54 PM »
Wow, NintendoKID

Did you really think this was a worthwhile topic? I mean, wow. You got rid of your GameCube and got a PlayStation 2. And? Did you want a pat on the back for trading in all that stuff? Enjoy your Midnight Club (Please don't tell me you got the original) and um, whatever.

Oh, and how the hell can you claim The Getaway is a great game? No. Just.... No.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2003, 11:21:10 PM »
the goal should be to have fun on all consoles, not lose one for another.. i sorely learnt that mistake... twice.. selling my snes to get an n64 was stupid! as was getting rid of my GBC and games for ehm... money to waste -___-

i want more consoles, more i say!

and nolongernintendokid is stinky

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2003, 12:04:48 AM »
actually Nintendo kid has made a few posts i beleive over the last few months...but why ever on his earth would he let us know he acted liek a complete idiot and sold his cube. It reminds me of this kid i once knew who was the little step brother of a freind i know. Anyways he sold his n64 and all hsi games and bought a playstation and tomb raider..he was caught jerking off to Lara croft.....

ps2 has good wrestling games HAHAHAHA. The last good wrestlign game to come out is Def Jam Wrestling and thats multi console. The smackdown series has always sucked...and i don't know wtf thq is thinking anymore. AKI games are great, and id rather play with cool well animated wrestlers then sick looking untalented wrestlers(not that they are the games just makes htem appear that way).  
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2003, 12:18:32 AM »
Don't give videogames to kids.

Badabing!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline boggy b

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2003, 12:50:48 AM »
Am I the only person who think's Cube323's posts are consistently attacks against people and other companies that aren't Nintendo? I mean, he's fine flaming PS2 fanboys for their difference of opinion, but I wonder if he can see that he's also a blind fanboy...  Big deal, he doesn't like Nintendo any more, get over it. It's not like it affects you in any way.

While the topis itself is possibly a bit pointless...jeep the flaming down people. A difference of opinion doesn't make you wrong, since opinions are never 'right' in the first place. They are just opinions...

If you want any suggestions for PS2 games, then you can ask me. But mostly just buy the games you want. That's what I do :-)  
"And when he gets to heaven,
To St. Peter he will tell:
One more soldier reporting Sir,
I've served my time in hell."

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2003, 01:01:45 AM »

I just cant see where you can say GC has better games, PS2 has the GTA series, FF series, Tekken, Midnight Club Stree Racing1 & 2 (both excellent), Grand Turisimo, Socom, Everquest Online, Breath of Fire, Dark Cloud, Exellent Wrestling games, Contra, Devil May Cry, Dynasty Warriors, Fatal Frame, The Getaway, Half-Life, Jak & Daxter, Max Payne, and I can name many more.

Over half of those games are crap games that i bet YOU dont even like. GC has the Mario series, the Zelda series, the Pokemon series, the Metroid series, the Sonic series, the Super Monkey Ball series, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, SSBM, Soul Caliber 2 with Link, Mario Kart, Starfox, Eternal Darkness, every single gameboy game ever, Beach Spikers, F-zero, Giftpia, Ikaruga, and i can name many more. Those are ALL quality titles, every single one of them. How anyone can think ps2 is superior to the cube is beyond me, the cube even has better graphics to boot. And look at my game collection, i have a ps2, so im not making this up. I bet you never had a Nintendo GameCube nintendokid.

Offline boggy b

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2003, 01:07:44 AM »
Have you heard of 'opinion', Mario? Just as you like Zelda, there are 12 year old girls who think that Britney's Dance Beat is the best game ever.

Like I said, the thread is a bit retarded (wow,  I really wanted to know you've sold your Gamecube), that doesn't mean you have to flame him...
"And when he gets to heaven,
To St. Peter he will tell:
One more soldier reporting Sir,
I've served my time in hell."

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2003, 01:47:08 AM »
Im not making anything up, im not stating anything as fact, its all my opinion of course. Anyway, just look at www.gamerankings.com and see that most reviewers agree with me. *shrugs* oh well, ill just let this thread die now....

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2003, 02:07:38 AM »
LMFAO

Who cares if he gave it away.
He didnt say anything derogitory, he simply stated the facts and you bite his head off.

He likes the style of games the PS2 has over Nintendo.

Why is that so hard to deal with?

Grow up.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2003, 02:15:26 AM »
its hard to deal with because we are nintendo fans on a nintendo forums, you should realise that, we mostly rank nintendo higher than anyone else and dont take kindly when someone thinks someone is greater than nintendo. nintendo put out awsome games, and to chose something over them seems illogical to nintendo fans, and im in this frame of mind aswell.

its obvious posting something like this in a nintendo oriented forum will cause negative feelings.

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2003, 02:33:16 AM »
Piac

That may be the case, but it surely doesnt promote much in the way of conversation or discussion.

A bunch of people patting each other on the back about what great choices they have made.

How novel.

On a side note, I just picked up todays Toronto Sun, and it had a Future Shop flyer in it. It had a full page for PS2 and a full page for x-box, also had half a page for Gameboy and PC games, didnt have a single cube game or related itm in it.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2003, 02:36:42 AM »
it promotes conversation about nintendo stuff which is kinda the whole idea behind the forum, and theres mostly just talk on upcomming games, current games and sales figures, very little ego boosting going on, no WE R TEH GAMECUBE OWNERS HOORAYZ FOR US! threads.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2003, 02:49:20 AM »
NintendoKiD didn't sell his Cube.
He gave it to his younger sister so that means that, unless she's homless or living with a boyfriend (!), the Cube is still in the house.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2003, 03:29:05 AM »

On a side note, I just picked up todays Toronto Sun, and it had a Future Shop flyer in it. It had a full page for PS2 and a full page for x-box, also had half a page for Gameboy and PC games, didnt have a single cube game or related itm in it.

And that has what to do with anything in this thread?

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2003, 03:31:05 AM »
The fact that cubedcanuck is probably gonna give his GC to his little sister and start praising PS2 as well.

We have to look at the little signs.

Offline NoVisAnima

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2003, 03:36:14 AM »
But he did sell his N64. I mean that's a mistake in itself *snigger*

Honestly i think that you dont really need to get all high and mighty with pro nintendo stuff. I am myself a nintendo fan but i'm not going to appreciate that different people prefer different games. There are games on the PS2 and Xbox that i'd like to play, I'll still keep purely with my gamecube though due to cost issues. Honestly i believe that anyone who just constantly disses GTA3 and Vice City is someone who doesn't understand that these are good games. The hype that surrounds them because of their content is bad, but the games themselves are rather enjoyable.

People have a right to their own desision but i think it was quite foolish of NintendoKid to proclaim that he'd got rid of the GC on this forum. ~:/

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2003, 04:05:20 AM »
"There are games on the PS2 and Xbox that i'd like to play..."

That's a sign! A sign I tells ya! He's gonna leave us in a months time!

"The hype that surrounds them because of their content is bad..."
Bad? From what I heard, there's been nothing but praises for the game for its pretty violent content. Go to any 10 year old male in a school (not the fat Star Wars geek, but then even he may like it too), and he will tell you that GTA is cool cause you can steal cars, rape chicks, and bash people. Go to a 'mature' adult male, and he'll tell you that GTA has good gameplay, and overrated violence (just as you have said), but secretly mean that you can steal cars, rape chicks, and bash people.

Offline Bartman3010

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2003, 04:09:46 AM »
Pah, online plans. Back in my day, I went around playing as Sonic in Quake 3 in servers that I didnt have to pay a dime for. Except for my internet service of course.

Then again, Sony's online plan felt like they just wanted in the band wagon. I heard big buzz about X Box Live, but not Sony PS2 Online. Theres not one PS2 game online that you cant get the same greatness (Or lack thereof) from a PC title. In fact, some of the PS2's online games are PC titles that had a sequel already released at the same time. Apparently stuff like this sales like hot cakes, but didnt that one interview (With that Silicon Knights guy) say that Sony is having money problems because of their online plan?

Oh well, a PS2 is a fine choice I guess? I dont have one and dont plan to get one in the near future.
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline CHEN

• These peas taste AWESOME
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2003, 04:27:27 AM »
Uhm...isn't the Gamecube already online with PSO? Okay it's not much, but it's a start...

It's his loss, personally I don't want Nintendo to develope online games. Let other 3rd parties develope it and let Nintendo do their thing, namely making the best damn games in the world.

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2003, 04:39:13 AM »
I completly agree, Chen. I also believe online games ae extemely over-rated. Multi-player games where you know who you are playing against are cool, but in online ones you might as well be playing againt very realistic and very rude bots.
Om mani padme hum.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2003, 05:03:57 AM »
ROFL!!!!

Yes, dumping your cube and going to a PS2 to "satisfy your gaming needs" reminds me a bit of Hugh Grant turning his back on 'Liz Hurley and paying Divine Brown 10 bucks to "satisfy HIS gaming needs."

Who in God's name would do such a thing!?!? Really? (Besides the obvious answer)

t reminds me of this kid i once knew who was the little step brother of a freind i know. Anyways he sold his n64 and all hsi games and bought a playstation and tomb raider..he was caught jerking off to Lara croft.....

Now that is just wrong. Now I understand why you said "Once knew". Kids are so screwed up these days.

I love inuendos.

I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline GCSoccer

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2003, 05:04:26 AM »
hey now, i am not here to flame you, you've already gotten plenty, i just wanna ask, doesnt anyone remember that free online service that nintendo and gamespy are developing?  Personally, i'd wait for that instead of having a monthly fee all the time. Just a thought.

Offline Strell

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2003, 05:58:36 AM »
I don't think this guy ever had a Gamecube.  I think he's just a poser PS fanboy.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2003, 06:05:29 AM »

I don't think this guy ever had a Gamecube. I think he's just a poser PS fanboy.

Of course, why else would his opinion differ from yours.

Good grief

Offline John Squire

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2003, 06:56:19 AM »
Don't be so hard on this guy.  While similar posts I have seen looked like flamebait, this one seems more of a frustration posting.  He had 13 GC games and it wasn't the console for him.  You can't say he didn't give the cube a chance (13 is a lot of games).  

His invalid complaints (IMO):

-Wrestling:  PS2 is not that much better for wrestling games.  Both consoles have Def Jam, and Ultimate Muscle is GC exclusive.  From what I've heard, wrestling games this generation besides those two are merely mediocre.

His valid complaints:

-GC won't go online.  Online may be a priority for him.  It's not to many of us, but our opinion doesn't make something irrelevant.  

-Current Nintendo games have let him down a bit.  He may be bored of what Nintendo has released thus far.  

-He likes the PS2 lineup better.  Personal preference here.  You also can't deny the fact that the PS2 library is much larger.  

It sounds like his complaints are less to do with the PS2 and everything to do with disillusionment with Nintendo.  He feels that they have not performed up to the high standards he has placed upon them.  The fact that they are not jumping online says to him that Nintendo are not willing to take risks that he wants them to take.  There is no one to blame here, Nintendo just does not appeal to this person anymore. Who knows, maybe he won't be satisfied with the PS2 either.  Maybe something on the Cube will catch his eye later and rekindle that love.  He can always play on his sister's Cube.

Offline The Doc

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2003, 07:11:17 AM »
I do not understand why someone would give up their GameCube for a PS2. In my opinion, Nintendo GameCube is the best console of the  three. The PS2 could be used as a coffee table, and the Xbox would be a nice door stop or space heater (  the Xbox sounds like a jet engine). Well nintendokid you gave up your GameCube for a PS2 and as a result, you are going to miss out on a lot of quality games such as: Resident Evil 4, Geist, Animal Crossing 2, Mario 128, Sequel to Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, and many more. Well I am done with this post and in all honestly, this post should be closed, I just wanted to make fun of the PS2 and Xbox for a minute or so. This jerk knew that we would get all fired up and flame him and that is what most of us did. Bottom line is don't mess with Nintendo or its fans!

The Doc  

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2003, 07:17:28 AM »
NintendoKID: Good luck on your decision, and enjoy your PS2. At $80 for a PS2 with three games, i hope you don't have any problems with it; used PS2's aren't quite the most reliable systems. i'd recommend some good games, but that's a discussion for another forum (or site completely).

i can't believe some of the posts in this thread. NintendoKID was just saying goodbye. If you want something more than Nintendo games, or if you want online games, then a GC isn't a good choice. IConversely, if you want to play Nintendo games, then the Xbox and PS2 aren't good choices. i don't know exactly how long, but NintendoKID's been on these forums for a while and was also on the old forums. It's not like he/she registered just to slam the cube.  
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2003, 07:39:24 AM »
Pfft, I can't understand all you guys who like GTA (GTA was the most tolerable, the sequels sucked even more). When you play the demo, you want the full version, but after a while it gets really boring. But well, games obviousely cannot please everyone. I hope you find what you're looking for on PS2 and don't fall for some overhyped games.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2003, 07:45:29 AM »
LOL,

Yeah, the immature level in here is pretty high, so  what he's getting a PS2--it's his choice and his opinion.  

I use my PS2 alot because there's always something to play, especially RPG and fighters not to mention sports.

Right now my GC hasn't been touched since LoZ WW which lasted 2 weeks.  It was great but I won't be replaying it anytime soon (maybe another 4-5 years).  

That's where online/mp kicks in--longevity.  

As for "future" games, PS2 lineup isn't to bad, when your bragging out MGS TS, they are going be playing MGSIIISE.  :0.

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2003, 08:09:00 AM »
the replys made by most here  make me ashamed to own a gamecube.

i can not believe how one sided and full of yourselves the majority here are.

so he wants a PS2 , big deal. why freak out on him? why not sit back and pull your damn panties out of your ass and  get over it.

Offline Strell

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2003, 08:20:32 AM »
For all you people going "omg we have GC fanboyz rhar," I can't beleive you didn't expect that.

My beef with teh_kid is that he acts like it's a surprise he doesn't like it, and then he uses this to slam the 'Cube and pretend he has valid reasons for it.

"OMG CUBE NO HAEVS TEHR ONLEIN!>!:!"!"!  It took you this long to figure it out?  Don't buy the system, cry when it doesn't go online, and then bash it.  I'd like to think people were smart enough to foresee such things, what with NIntendo repeatedly saying they will not go online because the costs are insane, but then again, the majority of people are morons, so oh well for that.

"PS2 SBEGAHTATAR LIGHENUPE!"  Ok.  So you like the PS2 lineup more, but you still got a Gamecube?  K.  Makes sense to me.  No, really, it does.  This guy is obviously the heart of logical thought.

"GC games aren't up to my expectations."  This is the really only valid remark that can't be argued, but the same logic shold apply to me also.  SOCOM.  Wow, like I said in the other topic, beause there haven't been enough online war-themed FPS games with team based combat and tactical squad centric strategy.  And they certainly haven't been around for the last 3 years, and there certainly has NOT been voice support....and I'd keep going with this analogy but I think it has made its point.

It's one thing to dislike the GC and to dislike the crop of games and to be dissapointed.  It's another to start saying "Yes, well, I don't like the GC's lineup so therefore it sucks.  I know, I shold try and perpetuate this opinion of mine to a group of people in an online forum, because then I'll be super cool."

THe problem with this thread is that 'KiD obviously doesn't know the difference.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Big_Pimp

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2003, 03:19:40 PM »
All of you need to ralax.  Just because he sold his Cube some of you get all defensive.  Let em enjoy his PS2, none of you have any control what so ever over his decesion.  This doesnt mean he cant enjoy Nintendo games anymore, he could always borrow them from friends or family, besides he has a GBA, so he isnt a Sony fanboy.  So you all need to chill out, especially Termin8 and Cube, your responses reek of Nintendo Fanboyism, so dont be hatin!!

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2003, 03:25:06 PM »
Guys, didn't I tell ya to take it easy on him?  *sigh*

He doesn't like his GameCube.  There's nothing wrong with that, and although many of us will strongly disagree with him, there's no reason to flame him for it.  Please, let's just act like adults ok?

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2003, 03:25:40 PM »
That's nice.

Offline GameCuberZ

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2003, 03:27:35 PM »
So you will regret it if the Cube does go online? That's a shame.

Offline Cube323

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2003, 03:35:14 PM »

TextAm I the only person who think's Cube323's posts are consistently attacks against people and other companies that aren't Nintendo? I mean, he's fine flaming PS2 fanboys for their difference of opinion, but I wonder if he can see that he's also a blind fanboy... Big deal, he doesn't like Nintendo any more, get over it. It's not like it affects you in any way.

Bobby b, you really are an idiot.  I'm not a fanboy as you so arrogantly assume.  I just hate $ony.  I own almost every console in existance.  Still, $ony's way of doing things rubs me the wrong way and I think their influence on the game industry has been EXTREMELY destructive. (They only care about money, not quality.  They flood the market with rip-offs (Dark Cloud) and bad sequels, etc..)

You see Bobby B, this is a Nintendo board.  You may not have realized that.  But once you pull your head out of your a$$ you might see the truth.  I'm here to talk about Nintendo, not $ony.  Every post you have placed in these fourms for the past several months has been nothing more than you kissing $ony's ass.  It's true.  I truthfully think your are nothing more than a $ony nazi, or a $ony publicist.  If you can believe it, $ony's publicity dept actually does monitor the traffic on websites just like these.  You see $ony/Big Brother wants to control everything we say and think.  In reviewing all of Bobby.B's posts, all I can say is this, if you love $ony so much, why don't you chat in a $ony forum?!

Anyway, now that I'm done with the boards resident $ony plant I can get to my real point.  This thread was always intended to be FLAME BAIT!  Nothing more!  This thread should have been locked from the first post.  This kid/punk never even owned a GameCube!  Why is it when someone posts flamebait on a rival company the thread is closed immeadiately, yet when someone obviously posts anti-Nintendo FlameBait, the thread is allowed to stand?  

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2003, 05:03:44 PM »
KiD, enjoy your PS2.  

And don't end up like CubedCanuck, our resident Cube hater.
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2003, 05:26:34 PM »
Cube323 is gone.  Over-the-top flaming and deliberately using ways to get around the language censor.  As for the thread.  It's flamebait, and it's gone.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2018, 11:37:49 AM »
Why has no one told me about NintendoKiD until now? What an idiot! Man, people just didn't understand the power of the GameCube when it came out. The reason they were so cheap is that you were supposed to buy two of them to harness its true potential. Nintendo finally had to duct tape two of them together and then people finally got it and the system sold like gangbusters printing money for Nintendo for the rest of the decade. Former NintendoKiD Report probably thought he was making an edgy statement that GameCube is for girls by giving it to his sister but I bet she had the last laugh like everyone predicted provided she was able to get her hands on a second one to make her own Wii.

I feel like this story needs some follow up. Perhaps a journey to track down NintendoKiD is in order.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Rodney Dangerfield

• gets no respect.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2018, 06:53:32 PM »
Don't let these users get you down, NintendoKiD. I know how you're feeling. I tell you, when I was a kid, I got no respect. No respect at ALL, ya know... There was a time I was lost on a beach. And a cop had to help me look for my parents. I said ta the cop, "Do you think we'll find them?" He said, "I don't know, kid. There's so many places they could hide."

When I was kid, my old man, he didn't help either, ya know... There was a time I asked my old man if I could go ice skating on a lake. He told me to wait 'til it gets warmer. Just no respect.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 07:27:02 PM by Rodney Dangerfield »
It's not easy bein' me!

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2018, 05:02:06 PM »
Holy **** I remember this thread...

I can't find my car keys but I remember this thread.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2018, 05:37:45 PM »
Bumpasaurus Rex!

Nintendokid probably worked for Sony and was paid to make Nintendo look bad on as many forums as possible.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 05:39:37 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Rancid Planet

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2018, 05:48:06 PM »
Bumpasaurus Rex!

Nintendokid probably worked for Sony and was paid to make Nintendo look bad on as many forums as possible.

Clearly he is the reason that the GCN lost the war.

Well played Nintendokid.

Well played indeed.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2018, 01:30:02 PM »
I didn't check the date on this at first... was about to be impressed he was still able to sell his Nintendo 64 to Gamestop.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2018, 02:52:52 AM »
With Rancid Planet, Arbok and Rodney Dangerfield posting, this thread has shown me that even though we may not see a lot of the famous residents and posters of the past making many comments here, these users are still around and haven't necessarily abandoned us. They're mainly just lurking now. But knowing they're still around and out there and checking in from time to time is some solace.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2018, 07:11:34 PM »
I didn't check the date on this at first... was about to be impressed he was still able to sell his Nintendo 64 to Gamestop.
Actually, GameStop has gotten into selling retro stuff now, though I dunno if you can trade it in any store or just specific ones.

https://www.gamestop.com/consoles/nintendo-64-system/122934

Offline Rancid Planet

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2018, 12:24:16 AM »
With Rancid Planet, Arbok and Rodney Dangerfield posting, this thread has shown me that even though we may not see a lot of the famous residents and posters of the past making many comments here, these users are still around and haven't necessarily abandoned us. They're mainly just lurking now. But knowing they're still around and out there and checking in from time to time is some solace.

I've def been lurking more lately. But yeah I'm always around brother. Once you find the best nintendo fansite and the only group of real Nintendo fan boys you'd ever want to hear from, you don't forget it.

Everytime a major story develops I always check the main page here first. So I can read what Ian Sane has to say about it.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2018, 12:36:12 AM »
Everytime a major story develops I always check the main page here first. So I can read what Ian Sane has to say about it.

Hahaha. Gotta immediately find out what the dissenting opinion on the news will be, huh?

Offline Rancid Planet

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2018, 03:15:48 AM »

Hahaha. Gotta immediately find out what the dissenting opinion on the news will be, huh?

Of course lol.

Back on subject a bit. These old GCN threads are just fantastic. I've been reading through a lot of them.

God I was such a try too hard douche nozzle poster 15 years ago...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2018, 12:39:02 PM »
God I was such a try too hard douche nozzle poster 15 years ago...
Who wasn't? It's all part of growing up, it seems.

Offline Rancid Planet

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2018, 05:09:38 AM »
It just kills me...

Anyway, I recently hooked the Cube back up. Mostly to play Rogue Squadran but I also noticed my copy of Simpsons Road Rage was missing.

Big deal right? It's just a Simpson's themed Crazy Taxi rip off but damn it I LOVED that game. Its one of those games I could play to just zone out and relax. So I got myself a new copy and I've been going back through it after easily a decade and I still have the same experience.

It's just a great game and well worth the 20 bucks for the GCN copy I found on Amazon.

God bless Prime.

And God bless the comfortable as hell GCN controller. It makes those 4 hour sessions of THPS 4 or whatever not such a hand crampy process.

In terms of comfortability, still my number one controller.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2018, 09:26:25 AM »
GameCube controller (especially the Wavebird) will always be the best controller - with the caveat that the game needs to be designed for it. But as far as comfort, nothing else comes close.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2018, 08:21:58 PM »
I actually have Simpsons Road Rage too. It added some much needed personality to the Crazy Taxi formula.

While it isn't quite my number one, I'm a fan of the GameCube controller as well. I'm glad I can use it with Switch, though it can be tough to find games that don't need its missing functions and not being able to use the home or capture buttons is a bit of a bummer.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2018, 11:04:19 PM »
I miss PIAC :(

Also I sold my Gamecube and games last week for $400 or so. Probably got a better deal than NintendoTROLL.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.