Author Topic: Episode 38 - THE LAST BODY PILLOW  (Read 2221 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Episode 38 - THE LAST BODY PILLOW
« on: July 29, 2014, 11:01:00 PM »

Tune in this month to find out what body pillows, Metroid, NFC payments and Mario Kart all have in common.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/famicast/38171/episode-38-the-last-body-pillow

Is the heat of the summer getting you down? Pick up your favorite body pillow and cool off with the latest episode of the Famicast! Matt is back this month and in New Business talks about his impressions of Mario Kart 8 while Ty fills us all in on all of the action that went down at EVO. Danny rounds things out with some impressions on a new free puzzle game on the Wii U, Buta (Pig) Medal and delves seriously into 2D Metroid for the first time with the GBA VC release on Wii U, Metroid: Zero Mission. He also breaks down how the newly added NFC payments feature works on the Wii U and how it is (kinda) implemented into Buta Medal.

News is a hodgepodge of goodies as the guys talk about the latest happenings from the Land of the Rising Sun including Dragon Quest X on 3DS, Free Denpa menz, Media Create Sales data and plenty more! This month, we also have a brand new feature from the mind of Ty called Fake or Real. The concept is simple - Ty gives a short description of some wacky, abnormal Japanese game and it is your goal to guess whether or not this craziness is real. Feel free to play along at home, on the train, or while taking a bath!

Of course, if you have any questions, comments, complaints or criticisms, feel free to contact us! You can always leave a message in the Talkback thread below (yes, we do read them), send us an email at famicast@nintendoworldreport.com, tweet at us at @thefamicast or post in the Questions for the NWR Japan Crew forum thread.

Oh, and be sure to tune in to see how you can be the proud owner of the one and only Danny Bivens Body Pillow! Famicast a go-go, baby!

Mario Kart Arcade GP DX Trailer

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 38 - THE LAST BODY PILLOW
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 01:20:26 PM »
SPOILERS: They're all real. That's my guess anyway. Haven't listened yet.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline the_dan_x

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Next Door Gamer
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 10:41:14 PM »
Fatty! Good to see you again, here, duder! They are very real. You'll have to listen to find out more details!  :P:

I hope you guys enjoy this episode. As always, I'm going to post what music we used in between segments. Some of them might be familiar, but others might not. Feel free to see if you can guess what they are (if that's your bag).

1 - Super Mario Kart - Battle Mode Rock Remix
2 - Street Fighter II - E. Honda Hip Hop Remix
3 - Super Metroid - Upper Brinstar Remix | Prod. by Mean SK (Hip Hop Trap Beat
4 - Initial D Arcade Stage Sega Original Tracks - 22 Sakai
5 - TMNT Tournament Fighters - Studio 6 (Rat King Stage)
6 - Spiderman and the X-Men in Arcade’s Revenge Music - Wolverine
7 - Nintendo Remix - Track 12 - Nazo no Murasame Jo (The Mysterious Murasame Castle, Orchestrated)

I also added the Mario Kart Arcade Trailer to the article so you can see what that's all about if you don't have something that plays the enhanced version of the show! Enjoy what's left of the summer, guys!
Danny Bivens
Japan Correspondent
Nintendo World Report

Offline Aaron Brown

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 12:13:18 AM »
Fake or Real: Vet Simulator. Neutering has never been this fun!
Aaron R. Brown
Previews Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 12:35:16 AM »
I was expecting a description of an arcade game where you score points byspanking and putting fingers inside buttholes.

Because it's real too.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 11:51:29 AM »
I was expecting a description of an arcade game where you score points byspanking and putting fingers inside buttholes.

Because it's real too.

It crossed my mind but I think too many people have heard of that one.  :zoid: