Author Topic: Freedom Planet Switching Platforms, Has New Publisher  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Freedom Planet Switching Platforms, Has New Publisher
« on: June 07, 2018, 04:32:51 AM »

In case you missed it the first time - and let's face it, you probably did.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/47405/freedom-planet-switching-platforms-has-new-publisher

A Wii U cult hit is getting a second lease on NIntendo life with a little help from a friend.

XSEED Games have announced a partnership with Freedom Planet developer GalaxyTrail to bring the game to Switch this fall. It will be playable in the XSEED E3 booth on Switch.

Originally released in 2015 on Wii U, Matt West called it "the best Sonic game in years".

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Freedom Planet Switching Platforms, Has New Publisher
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 01:37:17 PM »
This was, of course, before Sonic Mania came out, and like... as this game's resident superfan on this site, I'd like to say that Sonic Comparisons might not be so favorable any mroe when held sid by side. Freedom Planet is it's own game, and I'm happy to see XSeed pick it up!

I'd say folks should still give this a shot. it's it's own thing. a high-speed action game with a focus a bit more on tough but fair boss fights and being able to have platforming action that feels a little bit more on-point than when Sonic has to slow down for that sort of thing. it's got elements from all over, and... if you couldn't tell, I'm still over the moon with Freedom Planet and it's very rough indie charm.

I do wonder if Stevie and the folks at Galaxytrail with this publishing deal are going to get some help releasing the content that they were supposed to release for the kickstarter but realized they made some clerical errors that lead to the stretch goal stuff having to be left in a beta state?

Offline ForgottenPearl

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 02:58:45 PM »
I absolutely loved this game.  I think the Sonic comparisons are overblown: this has much more nuanced combat and better stage design.  If you missed it the first time, you'd better not miss it again!

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 08:47:08 PM »
This is the best sonic game, so Im happy it is coming to Switch.