Author Topic: Holy ****, Osama Bin Laden is dead!  (Read 17901 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Holy ****, Osama Bin Laden is dead!
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2011, 11:56:30 PM »
They will. Photos will be released soon.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2011, 12:07:58 AM »
Supposedly, they are deliberating whether to release photographs. Since Osama was shot in the eye, they are pretty graphic. So who knows if they will or not. The decision is suppose to be made in a couple days.

EDIT: How do you know that, Oblivion? Intuition or something else?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2011, 12:22:26 AM »
MSN. It's been reported all over the place. Plus my local news got to interview a Tacoma man who was partly in charge of the operation. I lived near Tacoma, obviously.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2011, 12:50:22 AM »
Senators are calling for it, but that is in no way a confirmation. The latest news is that the White House is only still considering it.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2011, 04:16:16 AM »
Part of the Muslim burial procedure in case of a threat of defilement involves tying weights to the body when putting it in the sea. So nothing should be washing up on shore for several million years.

That was exactly what Scott Peterson did to his wife. But that doesn't work, because eventually the body begins to decay and it will at some point break free of whatever is holding it down. For example, you can chain something heavy to the leg of a body, but eventually the leg will rot and break off and the rest of the corpse will rise to the surface.
is your sanity...

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2011, 04:58:01 AM »
LOL What is wrong with you, Chozo?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2011, 09:48:16 AM »
Part of the Muslim burial procedure in case of a threat of defilement involves tying weights to the body when putting it in the sea. So nothing should be washing up on shore for several million years.

That was exactly what Scott Peterson did to his wife. But that doesn't work, because eventually the body begins to decay and it will at some point break free of whatever is holding it down. For example, you can chain something heavy to the leg of a body, but eventually the leg will rot and break off and the rest of the corpse will rise to the surface.
It will also need to break free of the body bag I'm sure its in.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2011, 10:21:23 AM »
Navy SEALS FTW!!

Lol, this is awesome, and the conspiracy theories help keep it fresh in people's mind come election time. The real work was done, and now the politics begin.

That picture of them watching the operation is great, and really shows the character of the people watching. I've been looking at it for two days now, and frankly, the look of confidence on Gates face is a little scary, but reassuring. It kind of says, "This ain't ****, I've seen them face worse.", but then again, it says, "This ain't ****, I've seen them face worse.", know what I mean?

And out of the three former presidential candidates in the room, I definitely prefer the look on the face of the man who won the primaries, and went on to win the election.

I also like that chick in the background kind sticking her head in, like she's not sure if she's supposed to be there, but she damn sure wants to see it.

I wish I knew who that chick is, and the guy standing next to her, and I could have sworn that first bald guy standing up with the look of smug resignation (like he's glad to be there, but what he's seeing bother him somewhat) was a political pundit for CNN. I could find no picture with names, which is disappointing, and I also wonder who's the guy in the black suit and yellow tie whose face you can't see. Also, there's that guy who head is occupying most of the space on the bottom left.

Damn, would I have loved to have been in that room, and kudos to the president for ordering bin Laden's death, despite the human shield. Whoever he used as a shield was likely there willingly, as having any dissenters in a hideout is not a good idea. I'm not one for violence, but this delivers a clear message to our enemies: We Will Find You!!
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2011, 10:24:25 AM »
Navy SEALS FTW!!

Lol, this is awesome, and the conspiracy theories help keep it fresh in people's mind come election time. The real work was done, and now the politics begin.

That picture of them watching the operation is great, and really shows the character of the people watching. I've been looking at it for two days now, and frankly, the look of confidence on Gates face is a little scary, but reassuring. It kind of says, "This ain't ****, I've seen them face worse.", but then again, it says, "This ain't ****, I've seen them face worse.", know what I mean?

And out of the three former presidential candidates in the room, I definitely prefer the look on the face of the man who won the primaries, and went on to win the election.

I also like that chick in the background kind sticking her head in, like she's not sure if she's supposed to be there, but she damn sure wants to see it.

I wish I knew who that chick is, and the guy standing next to her, and I could have sworn that first bald guy standing up with the look of smug resignation (like he's glad to be there, but what he's seeing bother him somewhat) was a political pundit for CNN. I could find no picture with names, which is disappointing, and I also wonder who's the guy in the black suit and yellow tie whose face you can't see. Also, there's that guy who head is occupying most of the space on the bottom left.

Damn, would I have loved to have been in that room, and kudos to the president for ordering bin Laden's death, despite the human shield. Whoever he used as a shield was likely there willingly, as having any dissenters in a hideout is not a good idea. I'm not one for violence, but this delivers a clear message to our enemies: We Will Find You!!
Any particular place with these pictures?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2011, 10:34:03 AM »
Bush wasted 7 years on it.

Obama reorganized/refocused and it only took him 2

Bush was looking for Oil
Obama was looking for Blood

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2011, 11:05:35 AM »
Any particular place with these pictures?

Yo look at this picture of them watching it go down! It says it all!

Bush was looking for Oil

I'm not the biggest Bush fan, but the investigation that lead to bin Laden death started under the Bush administration.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2011, 11:21:23 AM »
Bush wasted 7 years on it....

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2011, 12:00:27 PM »
Really, we started looking for him under the Clinton administration.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2011, 12:14:02 PM »
So without any hesitation, they give the order to shoot them both.

I can't help but imagine Obama saying it like that dude in Raiders of the Lost Ark.  "Shoot zem.  Shoot zem both."

I like how in that photo Hilary Clinton is all like "oh dear" and looks very uncomfortable while Obama just has a "let's get this **** DONE!" look on his face.  Way to set feminism back 20 years there, Hilary.  Unless you imagine that Hilary has a cigarette in her hand in which case she looks supremely badass.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2011, 12:23:22 PM »

I can't help but imagine Obama saying it like that dude in Raiders of the Lost Ark.  "Shoot zem.  Shoot zem both."

I like how in that photo Hilary Clinton is all like "oh dear" and looks very uncomfortable while Obama just has a "let's get this **** DONE!" look on his face.  Way to set feminism back 20 years there, Hilary.  Unless you imagine that Hilary has a cigarette in her hand in which case she looks supremely badass.
I'm thinking she is looking more thoughtful and "how do I spin this to my advantage for 2016"

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2011, 12:39:06 PM »

She seemed uncomfortable during the press confrence she had regarding the opperation when she was reading her speach in a "hooked on phonics" style. 

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2011, 12:40:29 PM »
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2011, 12:56:31 PM »
I wonder how much harder this makes her job.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2011, 02:10:43 PM »
I'm not the biggest Bush fan, but the investigation that lead to bin Laden death started under the Bush administration.

Actually, the hunt for Bin Laden began in 1998 under the Clinton administration. The 9/11 attack was Bin Laden's worst act of terrorism, but it wasn't his first. Many people forget he bombed a few embassies in Africa and also blew up the USS Cole.
is your sanity...

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2011, 02:51:06 PM »
I did say the investigation that lead to his death, and not just the general investigation of him right?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2011, 02:58:30 PM »
There's actually a lot of word going around that the intelligence that led to this operation was, if not started by the Bush administration, was uncovered through the "enhanced interrogation methods" put into place by the Bush administration.  I'll be curious to see what kind of political legs Bin Laden's death will have come November next year.  It's a feel-good story now, but in a few months time the economy and whatnot will still be there and will still be a major issue.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2011, 03:14:06 PM »

Bush was looking for Oil

Sounds more like complacency and carelessness on Bin Laden's part, an aid of his answered the phone and unwittingly lead the special ops right to his doorstep.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/8489078/Osama-bin-Laden-killed-phonecall-by-courier-led-US-to-their-target.html

The CIA and the military had been looking for him for years, it isn't "President Obama refocused", it is a matter of, like so many, the fugitive screwing up, or someone around him screwing up. Just happened under President Obama's watch when it occured.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:19:39 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2011, 03:24:40 PM »

Bush was looking for Oil

Sounds more like complacency and carelessness on Bin Laden's part, an aid of his answered the phone and unwittingly lead the special ops right to his doorstep.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/8489078/Osama-bin-Laden-killed-phonecall-by-courier-led-US-to-their-target.html

The CIA and the military had been looking for him for years, it isn't "Obama refocused", it is a matter of, like so many, the fugitive screwing up, or someone around him screwing up.

And that mistake might not have been caught if Obama didn't order the troops to refocus all efforts back into the AfPak region and quit being sidetracked by Hussein & oil reserves in Iraq. You can downplay it all you want, but up until Obama took office we were only occupying the Afghan region with focus in Iraq.

Obama gets the credit now since he is at the controls just as Bush would have gotten credit if this happened on his watch. It doesn't matter who messed up, who snitched or who made took actual shot. This is a victory for Obama, the USA and the World as a whole.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:27:37 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2011, 03:29:33 PM »
The CIA and the military had been looking for him for years, it isn't "President Obama refocused", it is a matter of, like so many, the fugitive screwing up, or someone around him screwing up. Just happened under President Obama's watch when it occured.

But Obama did pull the trigger on the type of opperation.  He could have tried to go to Pakistan officials and try to go the diplomatic way giving time for Bin Laden to escape, or just launch a missle and hope for the best.  He made a gutsy call and put terrorists on notice.  He should get some credit for that aspect of the mission.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2011, 03:56:03 PM »
But Obama did pull the trigger on the type of opperation.  He could have tried to go to Pakistan officials and try to go the diplomatic way giving time for Bin Laden to escape, or just launch a missle and hope for the best.  He made a gutsy call and put terrorists on notice.  He should get some credit for that aspect of the mission.
I have to Agree.  Obama definitely called the "How" and this how is definitive, gutsy, and show that the USA is willing to gets boots on the ground and not hide behind our technology.  If Bin Laden hadn't been in their I can guarantee you that the conversation today would be about one of the biggest US diplomatic blunders this year.