Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1193266 times)

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3750 on: May 20, 2016, 03:11:49 AM »
Person of Interest.... Shaw is in her own personal hell almost doomed to repeat itself

And THAT twist. POI continues to drop the mic.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: May 20, 2016, 03:17:52 AM »
Person of Interest.... Shaw is in her own personal hell almost doomed to repeat itself

And THAT twist. POI continues to drop the mic.

you talking about ep4 or ep5 in regards to "that twist"?

I just played catch up over the weekend and now I'm current w/ ep5

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: May 20, 2016, 06:51:20 AM »
Both.

Ep 4 with how it was 6741 simulations, and ep 5 with Elias not being dead

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: May 24, 2016, 03:22:05 AM »
Gotham Season 2:

I think TV Guides headline sums it up nicely:
Gotham's Second Season Found Its Way by Losing Its Mind.

Season 2 was labeled: Rise of the Villians, and if you just take this show for all the comicbookiness deliciousness it aims to deliver, you will always be hungry for more. They went all out entertainment for this one. Hugo Strange was an awesome protagonist that opened the door for a season 3 chock full of even more crazy Gotham to come, just as he filled season 2 with it as well.
The Joker.. I mean Jerome, was pitch fucking perfect, and once you watch the season... and then the finale you already know he will be back.

It doesn't really matter what you thought of S1 of this show, S2 has literally said **** IT, and decided to not expect a season 5, we gotta blow this **** up NOW. This is seriously probably the best comicbooky comic show on TV right now, and has been my most anticipated weekly when on air since early in S2.

long story short: best comic show on TV, awesome Season 2, and great setup for season 3. recommended.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: May 25, 2016, 04:19:20 PM »
American Dad absolutely nailed it with the steve storyline this week. Scott Grimes (who voices Steve) is amazing. Good to see the magic is still there.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: May 25, 2016, 06:23:04 PM »
My wife and I feel that American Dad is the best of the MacFarlane shows. I think it gets the most laughs because more of the jokes do not stand on the backs of pop culture as much as Family Guy.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3756 on: May 25, 2016, 07:32:22 PM »
Watched the finale of the Flash.  I really liked the episode, but people need to really figure a way to deal with these problems with less stress and emotion.  The team had the right idea protecting Barry.

I also liked the style of cliffhanger this season.  We had full resolve of the main conflict and felt like the series could END that episode, but then also had something huge to talk about for the impact of the universe. 

Barry saves his mom, and potentially makes a massive paradox. 

I am curious to see what happens next season and how (if at all) this cliffhanger will affect the other shows.  Maybe just maybe it can make The Arrow better.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: May 25, 2016, 07:35:06 PM »
American Dad's at its best when Steve is singing or there are songs throughout the episode. This weeks episode was great, though I still prefer the hot tub episode best.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3758 on: May 26, 2016, 01:18:40 AM »
I have been re-watching King of the Hill and although formulaic it is by far the best Fox animated series.  I am sad that it is gone.  I don't think we will get another cartoon series like that again.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: May 26, 2016, 03:13:39 AM »
I am curious to see what happens next season and how (if at all) this cliffhanger will affect the other shows.  Maybe just maybe it can make The Arrow better.

I respectfully disagree. Although it has still had its stumbles, Arrow really rebounded this season and by episode 8 or 9 this year, I felt it had reclaimed it's throne of best DCU TV series. The Flash started out with a lot of momentum but after the first Zoom confrontation and then Patty's exit, it just began to nosedive and ultimately, it ended rather weakly. In fact, I think I'd be willing to put Legends of Tomorrow slightly ahead of it in DC series in hype/viewing enthusiasm/vested interest or whatever you want to call the pull of continued viewing compulsion.

My quick take having now seen Arrow's wrap up is:

Arrow
Legends of Tomorrow
The Flash
Supergirl

I have not seen any of Gotham or iZombie to comment on those DC properties. All in all, it feels like its been a bumpy ride for most of these shows with Arrow being the best performer with the most consistent season and overall execution. The rest were messy with bright spots here and there but contained a lot more disbelief in character actions/motivations and poorer execution of ideas.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3760 on: May 26, 2016, 08:29:08 PM »
meh watching Game Of Thrones season 6 right now and Dexter. And waiting for Agents of Shield season 3 to come out.
Made you look ****.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: May 26, 2016, 08:49:54 PM »
American Dad absolutely nailed it with the steve storyline this week. Scott Grimes (who voices Steve) is amazing. Good to see the magic is still there.
Just saw this episode. Steve's "B" plot was just amazing. American Dad is definitely the best of Seth's work. Family Guy is still good to watch now compared to the Simpsons of the same season or now. Family Guy might lean a little too heavy on the pop culture, but the Simpsons is just straight up irrelevant now and lost it's comedy edge a long time ago.

I have been re-watching King of the Hill and although formulaic it is by far the best Fox animated series.  I am sad that it is gone.  I don't think we will get another cartoon series like that again.
Liberal does a comedy based on a somewhat conservative family that isn't full blown crazy but on the surface bland yet have weird hang ups and has no ass, loves propane too much. You're not going to get another show like it as it was a really subtle show and people expect in your face or else no one notices.

POI is continuing to break all expectations. the end is going to be sad and a celebration.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3762 on: May 26, 2016, 09:45:27 PM »
Just saw this episode. Steve's "B" plot was just amazing. American Dad is definitely the best of Seth's work. Family Guy is still good to watch now compared to the Simpsons of the same season or now. Family Guy might lean a little too heavy on the pop culture, but the Simpsons is just straight up irrelevant now and lost it's comedy edge a long time ago.

Liberal does a comedy based on a somewhat conservative family that isn't full blown crazy but on the surface bland yet have weird hang ups and has no ass, loves propane too much. You're not going to get another show like it as it was a really subtle show and people expect in your face or else no one notices.

POI is continuing to break all expectations. the end is going to be sad and a celebration.

I can honestly say I did not understand your comment about King of the Hill at all.  I read it three times, and I really want to understand, because it sounds like you are suggesting another show.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: May 27, 2016, 12:47:49 AM »
No, I am not suggesting another show. I am pointing out some of the inherent contradictions that make the show funny despite it not being in your face or obviously funny ala Family Guy.

Have a look at the opening. On the surface it looks boring as ****. It's a couple of average guys standing there drinking beer, but surrounding them is all these humorous things that are happening are yet oblivious to. It's a reflection of the show as a whole. The solution to their problems are blatantly obvious but their conservative hang ups prevent them from going directly to these solutions. It's their boringness that makes these normally mundane events interesting. Unlike other sitcoms, they aren't trying to act up and be wacky, these are normal people dealing with things that are just a little bit uncomfortable with.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3764 on: May 28, 2016, 05:33:28 AM »
And yet, it is not offensive to conservatives.  This is what I love about the show.  It shows 4 "regular guys" and a very conservative but GOOD father.  He learns to accept the world, but never compromises his beliefs.  It never preaches against a certain view, but instead finds a middle ground that is respectful of both positions.  In fact in many ways the show flipped the traditional formula of sitcoms on its head.  Instead of the father being the buffoon in many ways it was Peggy...but not because she is stupid, but because she is over confident...which is her only character flaw.  You end up caring for all the characters and even can clearly understand where their flaws come from...and hope they improve.   

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3765 on: May 28, 2016, 06:59:12 AM »
I don't think that Hank is particularly conservative or idealogical at all. His world bubble is mostly just small than that he has conservative values. He likes things as they out of habit that any idealogical belief and the outside world challenge these habits expanding his bubble. His surroundings is conservative though.

This is especially telling in the episode where he finds out he has a Japanese half brother. He isn't remotely racist about it, he is far more surprised he has a half brother and aggrieved towards his dad about hiding this information. Race and ideology had nothing to do with it. He could have been a hidden twin and his reaction would have been the same. His brother being Japanese is there to challenge the conservative audience who watch the show thinking he is right-wing.

As a left-wing viewer I enjoy that it pokes fun at the more extreme elements on both sides. That said, the solutions to most of his troubles are seemingly left wing because America is so right wing as a whole when for most other countries it would be considered dead centre. To reference it to today's climate American, to find the left you would have to go all the way to Sanders and even then he is not remotely extreme outside of the US.

I don't think he is a GOOD father, he is just a father and has your usual trouble of not understanding the younger generation. His relationship skills aren't that great and are not helped that he is so stiff, but he is A+ for effort.

Peggy isn't over-confident, she is Manic. She doesn't consider the consequences of what she does until someone steers her back towards where the ground is. Once she grabs an idea she is off to the races. Lucky she is surrounded by more grounded people who bring her back before she does real damage.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: May 28, 2016, 01:00:46 PM »

Would you say, a Flashpoint paradox? ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: May 28, 2016, 01:28:46 PM »
My quick take having now seen Arrow's wrap up is:

Haven't seen the Arrow finale yet... but wow.  We're way off each other.

Gotham is at the top of the list for me.  It really, really had issues starting out, but this season, it seems like they knew they were on the cusp of not getting renewed, so they said "**** it" and put seven seasons worth of story lines into it.  The only down side is, really, as-is, I don't give a flying horse **** about Bruce's character.  Like, if I didn't *know* what he's supposed to become, I'd be watching this series all like "Seriously, this kid again?"  It's not that he's a bad actor or anything - his character just seems really, really shoe-horned into the main plots because he's Batman.

Flash is a lot of fun for me.  I am really enjoying it.

Arrow... it's hit-or-miss middle-ground for me.  I wish they'd stop with the flashbacks.  I like to think they're building to something, but they're really just pulling me out of the moment.  What, one more year of them?

Supergirl - the Flash episode is amazingly fun, but, overall, I just am not a fan.  I don't care about any of the characters, the show doesn't seem to have enough of budget for the effects they try to pull off, so they come off looking cheesy, the occasional insertion of hints about Superman just pulls me out of the show and annoys me to no ends.  I do hope they pull her into the main-stream TV universe and this will give them an excuse to ditch Superman altogether.  I don't see how they can do this though.

Legends of Tomorrow is a complete cluster**** and every week my wife and I ask each other why we're still watching it.  It's just bad.

You're not going to get another show like it as it was a really subtle show and people expect in your face or else no one notices.

South Park had the best commentary on King of the Hill in their Cartoon Wars episodes.  The main action is going on with a wacky fight scene that goes through an office for King of the Hill staff.  There's a big banner that's "King of the Hill: 10th Season" and all of the staff just continues working while all the wackyness goes through their office.  I feel like this was a tongue in cheek reference to exactly what you're explaining - King of the Hill is, at it's core, a mundane story of everyday life - Hank doesn't just up and quit his job and get a new, wacky job every third episode.  Pop culture is kept to a minimum (and when it is, it's something like Peggy going to Nashville).  There are no aliens (Gribble: "That's just what they want you to think!") or what-have-you.  It's just fun.

Netflix should fund a King of the Hill movie set ten years after the last episode. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: May 29, 2016, 07:38:17 AM »
Gotham still has tone issues that it needs to desperately sort out. When it goes balls-out batshit crazy like it did with blowing up Azrael with a rocket launcher it's great, but it cant keep jumping back and forth between that an "gritty" and comedy repeatedly.

Did Team Arrow basically just orphan Darkh's daughter and then never even mention it? Seriously!?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3769 on: May 29, 2016, 09:52:13 PM »
Yes they did.  But don't worry they could Flashpoint the entire season...and add Supergirl into the fold of the Arrowverse.  Which would be nice.  Also, they could Flashpoint Captain Cold's recent development.

Offline lucreciazak3

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Cattery-Chapawee
« Reply #3770 on: May 30, 2016, 06:41:27 AM »

Would you say, a Flashpoint paradox? ;)

exactly

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: May 31, 2016, 02:58:46 AM »
Yes they did.  But don't worry they could Flashpoint the entire season...

Or just forget they did that and go onto something else. I'd love if in season 6 (6!) they acknowledge this point and she comes back to wage war for killing her parents. It's a perfectly earned character development given both Oliver and Diggle are in a similar position.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: May 31, 2016, 10:28:54 AM »
They could Flashpoint the entire series, start it over, and then get to keep telling flashbacks for five more seasons.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3773 on: June 01, 2016, 12:07:46 AM »
Plugabugz:  As great of an idea that is.  The girl is 1) too young to really be a threat.  2) Was saved by the same team so she has to be conflicted.  3) It could be just as easy to have her get some counselling and help than to turn her into a villain. 

I don't know who they make into the next villain but one thing for sure this Dark Archer being good and evil at the same time is boring.  I would rather have one last season that turns him and Thea evil than to deal with this wishy washy stuff again. 

Honestly, they can't Flashpoint the entire series, because they can't have a the Flash season 2 be a prerequisite for knowing what is going on.  UNLESS, they open the new series with a week long event through all 4 CW TV shows, and have a Flashpoint miniseries that basically finishes a week long story with the universe mostly being repaired, except that Supergirl is now in the CW universe.  This could give them an interesting way to re-introduce some characters and add some more fun comic book elements into the series. 

Personally, I hope they do a series where Wally West is the Flash for the first half of the series or so.  Barry Allen somehow changed history, but he remembers both histories, and he helps Wally be a better Flash as a mentor.  Eventually, a threat happens that forces Barry to figure out a way to become The Flash again.  I would tell the story that Barry Allen dies and the world is on the brink of destruction and Wally West travels back in time via the Speed Force, but goes back to the moment Barry is deciding to save his mom in Season 2 and does a Back To The Future interruption.   Restoring time, but then being trapped into Speed Force again.  As Wally West Flash disappears for changing history, The real Wally sees him and somehow that jump starts his ability to use the Speed Force.  BOOM.  You have the first half of season 1 done.  Or at least for first 6 episodes. 

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: June 01, 2016, 03:34:12 AM »
Warning! Bombs are dropping on Person of Interest. I'm enthralled and saddened at the same time. Only 3 episodes left now.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.