Author Topic: Pokémon Black and White 2 Get North American Box Art, More Details  (Read 2782 times)

Offline Webmalfunction

• Pokémon World Report
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile

There's certainly been no shortage of Poké-news lately.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30158

Pokémon Black and White is still set to come out this fall in North America and Europe, confirmed Nintendo, after releasing the box art and more information.

In recent European and North American press releases, it was revealed that the starting city, Hiougi City, will be called Aspertia City in western territories. In addition, it was also revealed that like Black and White, the sequel's version mascots (Black Kyurem and White Kyurem) will be version exclusive. Also, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem's signature moves, Ice Burn and Freeze Shock, will be ice type rather than fire or electric type.

As reported by Serebii, there will be a Meloetta-based Pokémon musical to download for Black 2 and White 2 on the Japanese Pokémon Global Link starting July 14. The website has also reported that characters in the World Tournament are downloaded through Nintendo WiFi connection.

Pokémon Black and White 2 releases in Japan June 23, and in Europe and North America this fall.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Animated trailer:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xquxz9_pokemon-black-white-2-anime-promo_videogames

If the music is even a tenth as awesome in the game, Platinum will be dethroned.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Really like the animated trailer for the game. Also, the Pokemon aren't speaking their names and are just making animal-ish sounds. Granted, most of the Pokemon seem to be ones that wouldn't be speaking their names in the regular show.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
That trailer makes me want, more than ever, for the Anime to get rid of Ash and Co. and focus on new characters.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Didn't they try that once? I remember it being awesome. Wasn't it called Pokemon Adventures like the manga? Pretty sure it had a character based on Gold in it.

Really like the animated trailer for the game. Also, the Pokemon aren't speaking their names and are just making animal-ish sounds. Granted, most of the Pokemon seem to be ones that wouldn't be speaking their names in the regular show.

I kind of prefer them to make animal-like sounds. I remember Jynx's Pokedex entry mentioning that the species makes human-like sounds, but not thinking how that's different from something saying the word "Pikachu."
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
Yeah, I think it was a mini series. I remember it being fairly decent. Didn't it have Raikou in it?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Now that you mention it, I think the story arc centered around Team Rocket trying to capture Raikou. I think a "Crystal" character was in it as well.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
Yeah! It was called Pokemon Chronicle. Do you remember it being any good?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Yup, that was it. The Raikou arc was good. Maybe it was just so refreshing to see non-Ash characters take center stage. The Misty episodes were good too, but looking at the episode list, it seems there were a lot more of the "Pikachu and Friends" shorts than I remember.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
I actually don't remember anything but the Raikou arc. It was awesome not seeing Ash, and I actually thought at the time that they had gotten rid of him. Needless to say, I was pretty happy.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile

In the main Pokemon games, the Pokemon have always just made animal sounds instead of their names.  So it's no surprise the trailer does this since it's based of the actual main games instead of the anime.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Sageprotector

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
The Raikou thing wasn't part of Pokemon Chronicles, as that come out prior to those. It was a movie in fact.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
That was the japanese release. If you look at the link Nick posted, it was a three part arc of the Pokemon Chronicles release Europe and the US.