Author Topic: New 3DS Titles to Be Announced Next Week?  (Read 8716 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
New 3DS Titles to Be Announced Next Week?
« on: September 09, 2011, 12:27:43 AM »

A new Yoshi game, Ace Attorney 5 and Baten Kaitos 3 may be in the works for the 3DS.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rumor/27733

A new Yoshi platformer, Ace Attorney 5, and even Baten Kaitos 3 are going to be announced soon for 3DS, according to several sources across the internet.

Eurogamer, via a translated blog post from Hachimaki, mentions that the Yoshi platformer will be developed by Good Feel, known for their work on last year's Kirby Epic Yarn for the Wii. In addition, the fifth game in Capcom's Ace Attorney series is also reportedly in the works. It is believed that the game will include a scenario starring prosecutor Miles Edgeworth. Edgeworth has starred in two previous spin-off games.

The developers behind the Wario Ware franchise are also working on an unspecified new game for the 3DS. 

A new Etrian Odyssey will also be announced, as well as a Hatsune Miku game based off of the PSP rhythm games.

All of these rumors seem to point to a flurry of announcements that will come from next Tuesday's 3DS event in Japan.

Rumors also indicate that there will be demos of 3DS retail titles coming to the eShop, with with the first to be a trial of Super Mario 3D Land. The DSiWare version of The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords is also rumored to be getting a release date at the event.

There will also apparently be a new God Eater title announced, which will include a PSP Vita version. Grasshopper Manufacture's The Silver Case, which was planned as a DS remake, is now going to be moved to the 3DS and will also be announced soon.

Finally, a third Baten Kaitos game and a new Mach Rider game are in the works and also will be announced soon. Mach Rider Unchained is believed to be the only Nintendo developed title at the event, and is described as a racing brawler. It will be released in 2012 and will have a dark, grim tone.

Recently, the rumored 3DS attachment featuring a second Circle Pad was confirmed by Famitsu alongside a new Monster Hunter game that uses the peripheral. 

Nintendo's 3DS press event will take place on September 13.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: New 3DS Titles to be Announced Next Week?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 01:00:40 AM »
I hope to God that Yoshi platformer from Good-Feel rumor is true.
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: New 3DS Titles to Be Announced Next Week?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 01:57:48 AM »
A new Baten Kaitos would be a nice surprise. That reminds me I have yet to finish the 2nd installment.

Oh, hey. Miku. If it's a straight port of the PSP version, it will be a rhythm game on the buttons. I would assume it will be more like Elite Beat Agents, but I can't be too sure given the 3D screen.

Anyway, it sounds like some good things are in the works.

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 07:35:19 AM »
Baiten Kaitos would be an amazing reveal. Loved the original, and still need to pop in Origins on my GCN. Love its unique battle system.
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 08:01:44 AM »
For the love of God, go finish Origins. It has a surprisingly rewarding ending.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 10:21:15 AM »
I can't get motivated from Origins because they simplified the battle system for all accounts and I was looking for them to expand it to more poker hands.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 01:08:17 PM »
modern gamer: "what's a 'platformer'?"

ahhhh I kid.... mostly....

anyway, these would be cool! 3DS just needs a redesign on the shelves by October and then all will be right with the 3DS world come January.

Offline King Bowser Koopa

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 01:10:38 PM »
I wish I could play Origins, it never released here and copies on ebay are ridiculously expensive.

As for Ace Attorney, big deal. Capcom proved they don't care about their English-speaking fanbase on that franchise already, it's not gonna get translated. Unless they somehow do a special release with Investigations 2 as a bonus pack-in, but I don't see that happening. It's either that, or leave a gaping hole in the continuity of the series. With all the recurring characters, in-jokes about previous games/events and repercussions of earlier things coming back with a bigger impact that the writers love to put into these games, there's no way that the events of AAI2 won't have at the very least some kind of mention in the next game to come out.
Andrew Brown - NWR Australia Correspondent

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 01:14:36 PM »
I wonder what more they are going to do with 2D Yoshi? I'd love an attempt at a full on 3D Yoshi's island.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 01:17:12 PM »
Capcom proved they don't care about their English-speaking fanbase already
Fixed.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 01:42:16 PM »
If just one of these can come true, let it be the new Yoshi platformer from Good-Feel. They're known to be connoisseurs of 2D artwork and the Yoshi games are renowned for their unique art styles, so I'd be very excited to see what they can do.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 05:59:08 PM »
A new Yoshi platformer would be awesome, but if Good-Feel is behind it, I hope that they don't use the Wario Land Shake It! template like they did for Kirby's Epic Yarn.

anyway, these would be cool! 3DS just needs a redesign on the shelves by October and then all will be right with the 3DS world come January.
Except for the millions of people who already bought a 3DS, no one seems to care about them. :( Plus, it would reflect badly on Nintendo and probably make people weary of the 3DS, wondering if they'll be another revision in 8 months.

Offline Bman87301

• AtGames Defender
  • Score: -10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 06:02:31 PM »
I have to say I'm a little unsettled by the idea a new Mach Rider... I hope they aren't making this in an attempt to duplicate the attention Kid Icarus: Uprising got.

Making a new Kid Icarus was long over due as the series was actually successful... But Mach Rider was never successful. I hope resurrecting failed franchises doesn't become a new trend for Nintendo. The last thing we need is a new Urban Champion down the line.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 11:05:56 PM »
@Mop_it_up

No one is worried about those people because ....

1. One way or another every game will be playable on the original 3DS.  Be it through normal controls or the new slide pad monstrosity.

2. Any dissatisfaction experienced from item 1 is the risk run by early adopters in any technological realm.  It sucks, but as long as people keep tripping over themselves for the new iPhone 4.2.1ab.3.9, companies will continue believing early adopters are fine with buying shiny new gadgets every 8 months.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have bought a 3DS.  I still think that's one of the coolest/most enviable purchases you've made in our long and storied past (=P), but, this is the current philosophy in electronics.

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 12:04:08 PM »
Capcom cares A LOT about English speakers. They now pick projects with them in mind. However, I'm sure you're more bent out of shape about Edgeworth 2.

While I'd love to play that game, the reason it isn't getting western release is that Edgeworth 1 was outsold by soft-selling Okamiden in under a month despite coming out about 9 months later. I think the fact they were forward with their reasoning and didn't pull the Nintendo "no plans at this time" BS shows they care more than the alternative. And it didn't come from some PR rep at a contract firm, it came directly from a person high in Capcom USA in direct response to a fan post on their message boards. I'd say they care.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 02:36:55 PM »
2. Any dissatisfaction experienced from item 1 is the risk run by early adopters in any technological realm.  It sucks, but as long as people keep tripping over themselves for the new iPhone 4.2.1ab.3.9, companies will continue believing early adopters are fine with buying shiny new gadgets every 8 months.
The circle pad attachment isn't desirable, as you've realized...

I don't think the phone market is an apt comparison to a gaming system. Most phones are had for a reduced price or even free depending on the plans, and a new phone is usually free or cheap as well. Plus, a phone is about the hardware, whereas a gaming systems should be about the software. The devices also aren't built to last, and usually end up breaking after a year anyhow. A gaming system is designed to last for a lengthier hardware generation, after which time a significantly improved system is released. We didn't see revisions that added functionality to home systems like the NES and PlayStation, and the add-ons we did see from Sega didn't fare so well.

Nintendo's own handhelds tend to have a revision a couple years in, but such revisions don't add functionality and make certain games unplayable on the older model. So, it wouldn't be typical or beneficial to release a 3DS revision this soon, as it would make consumers weary of when the next revision comes, what it will add, and what other kind of monstrosity they would have to graft to their 3DS. After all that waiting, they'd probably end up buying a PSPita.

I still think that's one of the coolest/most enviable purchases you've made in our long and storied past (=P)
Pay me $250 and it's yours!

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 04:11:31 PM »
The devices also aren't built to last, and usually end up breaking after a year anyhow.
Sorry, but my Droid is way sturdier than any handheld Nintendo has ever released.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 05:33:59 PM »
The devices also aren't built to last, and usually end up breaking after a year anyhow.
Sorry, but my Droid is way sturdier than any handheld Nintendo has ever released.

Really?
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 05:42:57 PM »
They don't tell you in that pic, but the buttons don't work and the screen was replaced (see Nintendo Power July 1991). Also, original Game Boys had serious screen degradation problems; I went through three screen replacements.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 05:51:18 PM by MegaByte »
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 05:59:10 PM »
@Mop_it_up

No one is worried about those people because ....

1. One way or another every game will be playable on the original 3DS.  Be it through normal controls or the new slide pad monstrosity.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have bought a 3DS.  I still think that's one of the coolest/most enviable purchases you've made in our long and storied past (=P), but, this is the current philosophy in electronics.

I find it interesting how a second circle pad wasn't a big deal until this attachment was revealed. I honestly believe Nintendo would be just fine without a second circle pad, whether it is an attachment or built into a system revision. Just like people were just fine with the original DS not having an analog stick, while the PSP did have one. In some way I wonder if Nintendo is the one that brought this issue on themselves with the reveal. I don't recall one complaint regarding 3DS not having a second analog stick until now.

So if I was Nintendo I'd let the sales continue with the current model of 3DS and maybe release a revision later next year, a similar time frame as most hardware revisions. If they want they can include another analog/circle stick, but releasing it too soon seems silly to me. The 3DS has problems but none are so serious to require a revision so soon, in fact I think its biggest problem is the lack of games. Yeah battery life sucks, and some don't like the form factor of it, but these aren't big enough to shove out another system so soon especially since sales seem to be picking up now.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Sageprotector

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 06:08:31 PM »
I actually never finished the 1st Baten Kaitos game, because the final boss was just too hard for me. I didn't feel like training them to be any stronger either. Is Origins worth it for someone who didn't especially love the 1st game), but doesn't mind an easier experience?

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 07:01:05 PM »
They don't tell you in that pic, but the buttons don't work and the screen was replaced (see Nintendo Power July 1991). Also, original Game Boys had serious screen degradation problems; I went through three screen replacements.

There was also a story of one that was tossed out of a car going across a bridge on a freeway.  The family stopped and managed to find it in the brush because they could hear the Tetris music still playing.

Of course, mine developed a weird splotch that looked like a burn near one corner, so I know what you mean about the screens.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 07:36:02 PM »

Could your Droid survive the Gulf War?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhoran/45214051/

I don't think any handheld electronics today are as tough as the original Gameboy. You could take it through the 9 circles of Dante's Inferno and it would still be able to give you Tetris.

EDIT: Nevermind. I didn't read the rest of the thread before replying but I see someone beat me to it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 07:39:06 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 11:22:43 PM »
@Mop_it_up / GoldenPhoenix

I wanna be clear that I don't think this whole 2nd circle pad business is wise on Nintendo's part.  Wise would have been staying the course or including the thing in the first place.

However, and maybe Capcom forced their hand, at this point, the best course of action would be to full on adopt the thing and get a revision out asap.  To quote Mr. Miagi (sp?), game hardware is much like walking along a road: "Walk left side -- safe. Walk right side -- safe. Walk middle -- sooner or later, get squish just like grape."

The Balance Board never got much support but it's not harmful because it is a completely separate device and may be utilized in the Wii U era.

The M+ never got much support because no one wanted to walk that middle of the road where people might want the game but don't have a M+.  Squish like grape!!
Thankfully, the Wii U era will give the M+ a second chance at usefulness.

As for the phone analogy... was it perfect? No.  But it does reflect a philosophy among technology companies.

I absolutely wish we, as consumers, never let companies get so terrible with iterative releases of hardware.  Back in the day, you bought a PS1, it played PS1 games, and everyone was happy.
Now, so many people are scared to buy new systems because you don't know if it's going to RROD, heat-up like a nuclear reactor, or be obsolete in 12 months time.

Of course, in gaming, the tech companies don't seem to realize that by making their own hardware and software so disposable, they are cultivating the very used-market they claim to hate!!

@ most everyone else

My wife and I each have Gameboys and both of them work.  My NES worked perfectly up until 2 years ago and I bet it would work like new if I just cleaned the thing out with some rubbing alcohol =)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 11:37:09 PM »
I absolutely wish we, as consumers, never let companies get so terrible with iterative releases of hardware.  Back in the day, you bought a PS1, it played PS1 games, and everyone was happy.
Now, so many people are scared to buy new systems because you don't know if it's going to RROD, heat-up like a nuclear reactor, or be obsolete in 12 months time.

That sort of problem has always been around. Back in the day it might even have been worse because you had so many more players like Atari and 3DO and Turbografix and Neo Geo and a bunch of other stuff. How could you know which console to get unless it had been out for awhile and proven? Most console manufacturers are extinct now like the dinosaurs and we are left with only the three we have today, which in a way is good because no matter what those three come up with odds are it isn't going to be a total waste of money if you were to buy it. And another problem back then was Sega who kept releasing things like the Sega CD, 32x, Saturn, Nomad, and so on which failed to take off so if you invested in any of those things you would end up disappointed and Sega was supposed to be a proven player because of how successful the Genesis was.

So I would argue back then things were actually worse than they are now as far as stuff getting obsolete way too soon and it being risky to invest in something. Sure, we know the PS1 was a big hit now, but how could anyone have known that back in 1995 when it first launched? Back then it was all up in the air and Sony was a newcomer so there wasn't much reason to take it seriously at the time. If you bought it you were taking a risk, because for all you know it could have ended up being just another of those fly by night consoles that simply faded away.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:41:19 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...