Author Topic: Switch Discussion Thread (Year 3: But where are the folders??!?!)  (Read 273811 times)

Re: Switch Discussion (March 3, 2017 Release) -Updated OP-
« Reply #425 on: January 27, 2017, 09:48:59 AM »
It was a trailer with some words and not much else. No platforms have been announced, but I'm going to go ahead and assume it's not coming to Switch until Squeenix say otherwise.

They said "consoles, pc, and mobile devices". With that wide a net, I'd say it's safe to assume it's coming to the Switch as well.
I am NOT MysticGohan.

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 27, 2017, 10:16:48 AM »
Any word on the Marvel Square Enix Games coming to Switch?

actually, I don't think I saw any mention of the SE Marvel game(s) on this site at all.

Is no one excited behind the potential of the MGU? (Marvel Gaming Universe)

I was very excited when I saw this, but I'm waiting to see if it will be on a platform I have.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 27, 2017, 10:22:11 AM »
They said "consoles, pc, and mobile devices". With that wide a net, I'd say it's safe to assume it's coming to the Switch as well.

That...no. Again, I'll believe it when I see it.

Oh look, Switch cases in the Breath of the Wild. They look smaller than I thought, unless dude has massive hands.

My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 27, 2017, 11:58:05 AM »
Given Square Enix, Eidos Interactive, and Crystal Dynamics previous history with Nintendo, I'm not holding my breath.

Of the Wild.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #429 on: January 27, 2017, 12:56:35 PM »
For all we know about the MGU, it's starting on PS5 and Scorpio. So yeah, we kind of need proof of life for a Switch version.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

« Reply #430 on: January 27, 2017, 04:44:44 PM »
For all we know about the MGU, it's starting on PS5 and Scorpio. So yeah, we kind of need proof of life for a Switch version.

All games made for the Scorpio also have to playable on the "regular" Xbone and S, so it's not going to be "top-o-the-line" only. And looking at Marvel's TV strategy (ABC, Hulu, Netflix, Freeform) I would assume that they'd want to take the same approach of being all inclusive on the consoles as well.
I am NOT MysticGohan.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 27, 2017, 07:46:51 PM »
from what I heard about the MGU games is that it will be Movies, TV and Comics content included.

but no more info till 2018!?

It's fucking January 2017.... why bother mentioning the **** at all if you can't provide ANY sort of detail till 1+ year later?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 11:06:12 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 28, 2017, 12:17:42 AM »
If the Marvel Game Universe is anything like the MCU, it will be the video game equivalent of junk food. So probably a lot of open-world, Assassin's Creed like games.

Luckily, Eidos Interactive are pretty decent developers, so hopefully that won't be the case.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 28, 2017, 04:00:23 AM »
If the Marvel Game Universe is anything like the MCU, it will be the video game equivalent of junk food. So probably a lot of open-world, Assassin's Creed like games.

Luckily, Eidos Interactive are pretty decent developers, so hopefully that won't be the case.

Are you calling my MCU movies empty calories!? A collection unhealthy snacks that you know aren't good for you, but it just satisfies that sweet tooth craving you weren't aware you had?

Well either way, I'm hoping that the connectivity of properties is much more satisfying in the MGU than it has been in the MCU where it's quite separated up to this point.

« Reply #434 on: January 28, 2017, 01:00:47 PM »
Well either way, I'm hoping that the connectivity of properties is much more satisfying in the MGU than it has been in the MCU where it's quite separated up to this point.

What? All of the movies so far have been directly related to one another except for Guardians of the Galaxy, and Dr. Strange and those were related through the Infinity Stones and Thanos. Even The Incredible Hulk was tied into the canon through the Avengers Initiative and that movie was made before there was an MCU. The TV shows are more loosely bound, but even then, the AoS has had the after-effects of the films along with debuting the Theta protocol pre-Age of Ultron, and that one bald agent whose name escapes me saying he was going to catch a boat, and then being on the boat that Captain America and Black Widow are on in Winter Soldier. The Netflix shows constantly refer to "The Event" which is what happened in Avengers 1.

Back to video games, I can't see how they would tie the comics and the movies into one game. There's so much that different, to the point that tying them together would make them a different universe altogether.
I am NOT MysticGohan.

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: January 28, 2017, 01:12:24 PM »
Kat Bailey asked the developers of Torment:Tides of Numenera if they had plans on bringing it to the Switch and they literally started laughing. They walked it back a bit by the end and starting talking about fit but "not possible" and "it's not gonna happen on that machine" was the cause for the laughter.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 01:35:24 PM by rygar »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 28, 2017, 01:38:14 PM »

What? All of the movies so far have been directly related to one another except for Guardians of the Galaxy, and Dr. Strange and those were related through the Infinity Stones and Thanos. Even The Incredible Hulk was tied into the canon through the Avengers Initiative and that movie was made before there was an MCU. The TV shows are more loosely bound, but even then, the AoS has had the after-effects of the films along with debuting the Theta protocol pre-Age of Ultron, and that one bald agent whose name escapes me saying he was going to catch a boat, and then being on the boat that Captain America and Black Widow are on in Winter Soldier. The Netflix shows constantly refer to "The Event" which is what happened in Avengers 1.

that's more like separate but "connected" and not quite as satisfying as the promised #itsallconnected we were sold on when AoS started. Hell, even the TV show actors came out that there were disappointed at the level of one-way "connectedness".
I'll keep it brief, as this ain't the thread for it, but satifsfactory level of connectedness would have seen characters from AoS appear in places that might have made sense in the movies (Helicarrier rescue in AoU), or atleast event in the show(s) referenced in the movies (Inhumans for Sokovia accords) as or even in other shows as well. For SHEILD to not mention a bulletproof black man or a guy that can control people's minds (as it was mentioned on TV and radio) is quite ridiculous...

Back to video games, I can't see how they would tie the comics and the movies into one game. There's so much that different, to the point that tying them together would make them a different universe altogether.

I'm sure the games incorporating the comics will mean that they have much wider use of characters and events, but will probably use the familiar designs of the current MCU charcters for the characters that currently exist in the MCU. It will be different, but across multiple games, we might have the MCU that we all pictured in our heads before we realized that Sony, Fox & Universal had to bring all their Marvel Toys to the party, and share them with us, for us to use the whole playset.

Kat Bailey asked the developers of Torment:Tides of Numenera if they had plans on bringing it to the Switch and they literally started laughing. They walked it back a bit by the end and starting talking about fit but "not possible" and "it's not gonna happen on that machine" was the cause for the laughter.

Well, that is quite encouraging. I don't know what that game is. But a response on teh level of a spit-take might as well be a baby powdered face slap.

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 28, 2017, 01:45:04 PM »
It's actually a little worse. At first he's incredulous that she's even asking.

Kat: ...looking at the Switch at all? Any interest?

Him (Brian Fargo I think): The what? What do you mean?

Kat: The Nintendo Switch?

Him: Oh no, not possible [laughter]
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:45:15 PM by rygar »

« Reply #438 on: January 28, 2017, 06:33:12 PM »

that's more like separate but "connected" and not quite as satisfying as the promised #itsallconnected we were sold on when AoS started. Hell, even the TV show actors came out that there were disappointed at the level of one-way "connectedness".
I'll keep it brief, as this ain't the thread for it, but satifsfactory level of connectedness would have seen characters from AoS appear in places that might have made sense in the movies (Helicarrier rescue in AoU), or atleast event in the show(s) referenced in the movies (Inhumans for Sokovia accords) as or even in other shows as well. For SHEILD to not mention a bulletproof black man or a guy that can control people's minds (as it was mentioned on TV and radio) is quite ridiculous...

Ah, okay. I was more concerned that you were saying that the movies weren't truly connected. I love AoS, but the ratings (from what I've read) don't justify them spending the money to have more connectivity. The TV actors of course want to be a part of the movies and get some of that money that RDJ worked out for the main actors, and every TV actor wants to do movies. While I do wish AoS would mention the Defenders, the fact that they're local to New York and SHIELD is global, does make sense, but anyway...

I'm sure the games incorporating the comics will mean that they have much wider use of characters and events, but will probably use the familiar designs of the current MCU charcters for the characters that currently exist in the MCU. It will be different, but across multiple games, we might have the MCU that we all pictured in our heads before we realized that Sony, Fox & Universal had to bring all their Marvel Toys to the party, and share them with us, for us to use the whole playset.

That would be awesome. I'd really love a World War Hulk game and/or Secret Invasion, or both in one game.
I am NOT MysticGohan.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 29, 2017, 12:02:21 PM »

Ah, okay. I was more concerned that you were saying that the movies weren't truly connected. I love AoS, but the ratings (from what I've read) don't justify them spending the money to have more connectivity. The TV actors of course want to be a part of the movies and get some of that money that RDJ worked out for the main actors, and every TV actor wants to do movies. While I do wish AoS would mention the Defenders, the fact that they're local to New York and SHIELD is global, does make sense, but anyway...

response moved to a different thread:
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=43091.msg912741#msg912741

That would be awesome. I'd really love a World War Hulk game and/or Secret Invasion, or both in one game.

That would be nice. I think the only property Marvel doesn't have access to in videogames is Spider-man though. But that new Spidey game does look pretty good (PS4 exclusive.... :/).

I just hope Switch's 3rd party presence is much better than that Kat Bailey interview implies
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 12:03:58 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 30, 2017, 03:27:56 AM »
I really like the look of those cases with stuff on the inside too. Hopefully thats not just a Japan thing

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 30, 2017, 06:28:16 PM »
Does anyone know if there's been any confirmation one way or the other on how many individual Joy-cons can connect to a SINGLE Switch?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 30, 2017, 07:07:46 PM »
Does anyone know if there's been any confirmation one way or the other on how many individual Joy-cons can connect to a SINGLE Switch?

That'd be interesting to know yeah! At the very least it's four, since you need 2 sets for ARMS local multiplayer and that'd make sense for 4-player Mario Kart as well. Super Bomberman R has an 8-player mode but the article doesn't mention whether that's all on one Switch...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #443 on: January 30, 2017, 08:49:43 PM »
Isn't the limit for bluetooth like 7 devices? unless Nintendo has a work around for that?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 30, 2017, 09:33:51 PM »
Hmmm, well Just Dance 2017 is reporting 6 players, so maybe you're right about  the 7 device limit.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 30, 2017, 09:55:12 PM »
Nintendo's own website is suggesting eight.
Quote from: Nintendo
You can use up to eight controllers with one Nintendo Switch system, so everyone can play.
However, it's unclear if that can be only one kind of controller, a mix between Joy-Con and Pro Controller, or if they connect via different wireless standards.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 30, 2017, 10:13:20 PM »
Oooh! Things are gonna get... expensive @_@

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #447 on: January 30, 2017, 10:17:43 PM »
Pace yourself, Carmine.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 30, 2017, 10:50:26 PM »

That...no. Again, I'll believe it when I see it.

Oh look, Switch cases in the Breath of the Wild. They look smaller than I thought, unless dude has massive hands.

The size surprises me also but I guess it makes sense when the games are small cartridges. The DS and 3DS cases are smaller than disc cases and they are cartridge based. For someone reason, the cases make me think of the PSP or UMD Video. I don't know. Something about them triggers this feeling that they look similar to another kind of case for a different system. I'm a fan of smaller cases so I like this look.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 31, 2017, 12:57:01 AM »
A lot of interesting information on this new Switch page
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch/Specifications/Specifications-1176277.html#1

the joycon battery is supposed to be 20 hours. Thats more than I was expecting
Please note: an update via an internet connection is required to use microSDXC memory cards.
day 1 update, maybe?
For example, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild can be played for roughly three hours on a single charge.
Thats not too bad
An internet connection and a Nintendo Account are required to use the News, Nintendo eShop and social network screenshot posting services.
So they are keeping the eShop name

I wonder what News is exactly