Author Topic: Wii U-Focused Nintendo Direct Airing on First Day of E3 2013  (Read 1953 times)

Offline JusDBerube

• King Nintendo Fanboy
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile

This pre-E3 Direct is likely this year's version of Nintendo's traditional press conference.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34313

A Wii U focused Nintendo Direct presentation will be taking place on June 11th at 7 a.m PDT (10 a.m. EDT, 3 p.m UK time). This Nintendo Direct has currently been announced for North America and Europe with each region airing the event from their own Nintendo Direct website. It’s currently unknown if the information will be different on the region specific streams.

The Wii U focused Nintendo Direct takes place only five hours before the E3 show floor opens to attendees, and only three-and-a-half hours before Nintendo’s pre-E3 Wii U Software Showcase admits select members of the press into the Nintendo booth to get hands on time before the big crowds are let in.

This presentation is most likely what Nintendo will be using to showcase their big E3 games and announcements instead of their usual press conference. The format of a Nintendo Direct followed by a media-attended "Software Showcase"is not unprecedented: Nintendo executed a similar chain of events focused on the 3DS on April 17 of this year.

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U-Focused Nintendo Direct Airing on First Day of E3 2013
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 12:18:14 PM »
I really hope that the rumors are true and in the Nintendo Direct they announce an eShop version of Xenoblade. I missed the game and tried to buy it (almost impossible to find for less than $100) so I rented it from GameFly and wow I am really enjoying it, but I'd really enjoy playing it on the GamePad while my wife watches Biggest Loser and The Voice.
Come on Nintendo please give us a quick port of Xenoblade on the eShop I'll buy it.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »
Oh boy another year of no F-Zero

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 12:34:27 PM »
I look forward to Dave Mellert's whining in this upcoming Direct's roundtable.

Apparently he doesn't like Nintendoland, Zombi U, Scribblenauts, Rayman, Monster Hunter, Lego City, or Pikmin, so I'm guessing he won't like any of the announced games either.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 02:32:06 PM »
I really hope that the rumors are true and in the Nintendo Direct they announce an eShop version of Xenoblade.

I haven't seen that rumor, but I think they will get around to releasing most of their Wii games on the eShop.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Leo13

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 03:06:12 PM »
When I saw that rumor I went right to the source and asked Nintendo (via email) their reply neither confirmed nor denied, but here's a key part of the email,
"Although we have not announced it for release on our Wii U, I want you to know that your interest in this game has been documented and made available for the other departments here to use as they see fit."
[/size]Please, if you'd also like to see this game on Wii U then also send them an email expressing it.
[/size]Boy what I'd give to play that game on my GamePad. Nevermind the fact that I only rented it and just got 11 hours worth of playing it I'd like to go back and finish before they release what I assume is the sequel.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 03:10:08 PM »
Leo, that sounds like a stock reply. You could ask for Fart Simulator 2013 to be released, and they would note your interest in it and pass it on.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chiramii

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Neogaf
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 04:38:15 PM »
Oh boy another year of no F-Zero

Never give up! We'll get one eventually!

... Right? :(
Lovin' my Pikachu 3DS XL

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 07:52:27 PM »
*pokes head into the hype train*

OK people, let's slow our roll, the Direct's 2 and a half weeks away...

* Shaymin looks down

WHO CUT THE BRAKE LINE??
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 07:21:16 AM »
7 AM PDT. I feel sorry for the West Coasters. That's early!