Author Topic: Four Games Added to Switch Online Expansion Pack Genesis Library  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

One Sega Channel, one summer blockbuster, and the first two years of some people's internet lives.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/60859/four-games-added-to-switch-online-expansion-pack-genesis-library

The Genesis library for Nintendo Switch Online has added four new games to round out the month of June. The new titles are:

• Zero Wing (1989/90) - a side-scrolling shooter perhaps best known for an infamously bad localization that spawned the All Your Base Are Belong To Us internet meme
  • Target Earth (1990) - originally known as Assault Suit Leynos in Japan, a mech shooter set in the early 23rd century and previously only released on Wii Virtual Console in Japan
  • Mega Man: The Wily Wars (1994) - a compilation of the first three Mega Man NES games brought to the Genesis with a new, overarching story; it previously was released only on the Sega Channel and later on the Genesis Mini
  • Comix Zone (1995) - a side-scrolling brawler set in a mock comic book universe which was re-released on the Wii Virtual Console, in the Genesis Mini, and as an unlockable in at least one Sonic Mega Collection

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Online Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Four Games Added to Switch Online Expansion Pack Genesis Library
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 10:16:25 PM »
Well it'll be nice to finally experience Zero Wings.  Lets see if there's a decent game behind the meme.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Four Games Added to Switch Online Expansion Pack Genesis Library
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 11:34:01 PM »
The Wily Wars is like the Super Mario All-Stars treatment of the first 3 Mega Man games. I played it on the Genesis mini and loved it. My only complaint would be the Genesis controller. Now you can play it with the NES controller joycon.