Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

E3 2012 Predictions

<< < (2/84) > >>

ThePerm:
i think this e3 will be similar to the e3 where Nintendo first showed off Pikmin/Kameo

i can't wait to see what Nintendo does with decent hardware, i pretty much already have with the Zelda demo, but you hope to see something more real. I'd imagine Nintendo might spend less time making more games this generation. I'm of the school of thought that with more power comes less restraint for making games. Its also, pretty validated given how much UbiSoft puts out. Its always nice to build levels without worrying the system will crash

Kytim89:

--- Quote from: ThePerm on January 20, 2012, 12:51:04 AM ---i think this e3 will be similar to the e3 where Nintendo first showed off Pikmin/Kameo

i can't wait to see what Nintendo does with decent hardware, i pretty much already have with the Zelda demo, but you hope to see something more real. I'd imagine Nintendo might spend less time making more games this generation. I'm of the school of thought that with more power comes less restraint for making games. Its also, pretty validated given how much UbiSoft puts out. Its always nice to build levels without worrying the system will crash

--- End quote ---

Less casual titles?

Lithium:
In no particular order, my predictions:

WiiU

- Release date for the WiiU (Sunday before black Friday probably)
- Redesigned case for the WiiU to differentiate it from the current Wii
- A third party online solution, no third party store.
- Pikmin 3 as a launch window title
- DQ10 as Launch window title
- RE 6 as launch window title, options for wiimote,touch screen and joystick aiming
- Nintendo gives Capcom a money hat for a Monster Hunter game, no release date given
- We see what Retro studios is up to
- Sony copy's the WiiU
- a new I.P
- WiiU tablet msrp for $80 USD
- WiiU msrp for $250 USD
- WiiU able to use usb 2.0/3.0 external harddrives.
- WiiU will have a digital audio jack

3DS
- A 2-d Metroid, they wont want to spend much money on a Metroid game after Other M
- A Final Fantasy V and/or VI remake on the 3DS

DS
-Price cut on DSi/XL now that 3ds is selling fine

Misc.
- Even if Nintendo does everything right the mainstream gaming media will still find a reason to hate on Nintendo.

Chozo Ghost:
Kytime, you should use bullet points in your post. It makes it look nicer and easier to read.

I like your prediction of Mario Paint. I think it would be a perfect game to show off the tablet controller and its potential. We never really got a proper sequel to the original SNES version, unless you count the 64DD version which only released in Japan. That said, even though this game makes perfect sense that doesn't necessarily mean it will happen. A lot of things which would have been great never happened. Sadly, I think Nintendo would probably call it "Wii Paint" and drop everything to do with Mario out of it. That's not what I want to happen, but its what I predict would happen.

I don't think Star Fox and F-Zero will be launch titles. If they were we would probably have heard something by now, even if it was just rumors. Pikmin 3 will probably be a launch or near launch title though, and I also foresee a Wii Sports type game packed in with the console to help sell it to casuals.

Kytim89:
With Mario Paint for the Wii U you could use the Umote as your easel and the Wiimote itself as your brush. It would incorporate motion plus for precise drawing and swipes of the Wiimote. Also, Nintendo needs a casula title to bundle with the Wii U and I think that Wii Sports title will not cut it this time. If Nintendo came out with a new Mario Paint title then every fan would buy it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version