NWR Interactive > NWR Feedback

Discussion of Forum Rules

<< < (9/9)

Maverick:
Yeah, it's this guy.

animecyberrat:

--- Quote ---By the time you get to my tage

--- End quote ---

If you meant age, aren't I already older than you? Or is your profile wrong?

MaryJane:
Any chance we could lift the ban on discussing politics?

I would personally like to see no topic off limits, and I think a reasonable amount of oversight and punishment for intentionally inflamatory and insulting people can make it work.

I'm a fairly liberal/progressive person and with a good number of conservative friends and while our discussions can get passionate/heated, it never boils down to insults because we have a certain amount of respect for each other, and I think most people on these boards have that and can constructively discuss something that heavily affects all of our lives (even the foreign members are affected by U.S politics). Those who can't maintain that level of respect/adulthood should be appropriately censured and then face temporary and permanent bans.

There is a huge difference between disagreeing with someone's idea, and telling them they are an idiot for holding a certain belief, and that difference is usually dependent on a person's level of maturity.

Think about it.

vudu:

--- Quote from: MaryJane on January 04, 2011, 01:17:29 PM ---Any chance we could lift the ban on discussing politics?
--- End quote ---

No.  This is a forum for a video game website.  Political discussion--among other topics--has no place here.

MaryJane:
Yeah, I take that one back. It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version