Author Topic: My Nintendo Question  (Read 2660 times)

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
My Nintendo Question
« on: June 20, 2016, 06:10:19 PM »
Hello,

Didn't see a recent topic so I thought I'd lob a question at y'all. I'm moving out of NYC on a rather sudden basis, and have decided to sell off my WiiU and accessories as there's not much coming out until Zelda, and I'll probably get an NX anyway.

I just created a My Nintendo account with my NNID thinking that I would then have a linked up online record of all my digital purchases, like in the old system, but though my Mii was linked successfully, there's nothing else on the account and no game listings. Is there something else I need to do, or is this account inventory found on another website or something?

Also, if anyone in NYC wants a WiiU + external harddrive + gamecube adapter/2 gamecube controllers + Xenoblade X, Nintendo Land, Deus Ex, let me know what price you'd bite at.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: My Nintendo Question
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 06:56:05 PM »
Call Nintendo customer service and ask them to unlink the NNID from the Wii U, this will remove the digital games from the system, but at a later date you can call back and link the NNID to a new Wii U. You will need to keep a record of information such as console serial number, credit card number and recently purchased games to prove that you are the owner of the account. However there is no guarantee anything you buy on Wii U will transfer to NX. Saves will not transfer at all as Nintendo has no cloud storage.

Or you could use the digital games as extra bargaining chips to get more $$$ for the console. You would need to delete credit card information from the system and make the buyer change the password and e-mail address on your NNID essentially transferring ownership of your account to them.

If you delete your account on the Wii U or format it, the games will be lost completely.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 11:15:54 PM »
Oof, okay, that's dicier than I thought. I wanted to preserve my digital catalogue in case there's some kind of upgrade program on NX for VC games and maybe stuff like Smash Brothers. I'm just assuming there isn't going to be anything like the Wii to WiiU transfer.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 12:50:49 AM »
The future is unknown. Backwards compatibility isn't even known. If you can afford it, keep the WiiU and hard drive. Sell the extra physical games and accessories.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 07:56:13 PM »
The best bet is keep t he WiiU until you get more information. I don't even know if NX will be the ideal platform for Zelda. The NX could be some motorized "tube" you sit on and you control it with your sphincter for all I know.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 09:01:51 PM »
This is a predicament! I'm leaning toward just scrubbing personal info off the WiiU and selling the digital library. Given that they didn't seem to hook existing account contents into the new member program, I am kind of doubting that there is going to be any significant software rollover from the WiiU/3DS to the NX, outside of maybe another $1 VC upgrade scheme.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 09:55:27 PM »
Wait, digital? How can you sell the digital library?

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 01:59:14 AM »
Er, I mean following the instructions above, wipe the credit card info, friends, whatever else identifying, and sell the console/account/license combo. I would probably always be slightly paranoid about it, but extra cash now vs. holding a ghost profile that I may or may not ever be able to use . . .

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 02:30:55 AM »
When do you need to sell by? I'm planning a NYC trip in the fall and would be willing to pick up XCX from you.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast