Author Topic: Official Switch Game Announcements  (Read 53827 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Official Switch Game Announcements
« on: May 31, 2016, 10:15:30 AM »
Game List
UPDATED: Jan. 11, 2017

- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (March 3, 2017)

- RISE: Race the Future

- Just Dance 2017 (March 2017)

- "Not" Sonic Generations 2 (Winter 2017)

- Dragon Quest X (probably Japan Only)

- Lego City Undercover (April 30)

- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Fall 2017)

- Cube Life: Island Survival HD

- Constructor HD

- Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

- Stardew Valley

- Seasons of Heaven

- The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+

- Yooka-Laylee

- Dragon Quest XI

- Rime

- Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove

- 1 2 Switch (March 3)
- Arms (Spring 2017)
- Splatoon 2 (Summer 2017)
- Super Mario Odyssey (Holiday 2017)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (2017)
- Fire Emblem Warriors
- Dragon Quest Heros 1 and 2
- Shin Megami Tensei Switch
- Project Ocotopath Traveller
- A new Sega game?
- No More Heroes Switch
- FIFA for Nintendo Switch
- Snipperclips – Cut it out, together! (March 2017)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (April 28)
- Super Bomberman R (March 2017)
- Street Fighter 2 Ultra: The Final Challengers
- Dragonball Xenoverse 2
- NBA 2k18 (September 2017)
- Sonic Mania (March)
- Minecraft Switch Edition
- Minecraft Story Mode
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Redout
- Has Been Heroes
- Arcade Archives
- Disgaea 5 Complete
- FAST RMX
- Farming Simulator
- Rayman Legends Definitive Edition
- Skylanders Imaginators
- Syberia 3
- Steep
- I am Setsuna (March)
- Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
- Monochrono
- Tales Of _____
- Taiko Drum Master
- Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
- Riverside
- The Sacred Hero
- Terraria
- Blazeblue Switch
- Dungeon of Zaar
- SteamWorld Project 2017
- State of Mind
- Fire Emblem for Nintendo Switch
- Hollow Knight
- LEGO Worlds
- World of Goo
- Little Inferno
- Human Resource Machine

----Original OP Starts Here----So we know the new Zelda game is coming to NX. And that's pretty much it. Maybe Pikmin 4, maybe a couple of Squeenix games. Something from Koei-Tecmo. And now this.

Rise: Race The Future. From the makers of IronFall on 3DS. Coming to pretty much everything (except Vita), including NX. They even ripped Vook's logo mockup for the announcement. It's also coming out Winter 2016 which, yeah sure, of course it's totally coming out Winter 2016. No, really!

You'll probably never play it. But it's the first official third party game announced for NX.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 06:23:20 PM by Soren »
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Official NX Game Announcements
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 12:11:05 PM »
It's always funny when a new console is on the horizon and you start seeing the first games announced for it.  Usually there are games that I wouldn't give the slightest **** about but I find out about them simply because there is such a demand for info on the new console so the first games announced get a lot of attention.  Actually it's a good marketing strategy.  If Rise came out a year into the NX life I probably wouldn't know about it at all unless it started getting GOTY buzz.  But with this timing I do notice it.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 12:58:23 PM »
Or if it was the only thing coming out a year into the NX's life. :P
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 02:13:02 PM »
I imagine we'll be seeing Skylanders: Imaginators on the NX.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 04:07:04 PM »
Ubisoft just confirmed Just Dance for NX on their E3 press conference.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 02:48:05 AM »
I'm very interested to see the continuation of EA's unprecedented Nintendo support. If this past year is anything to go by, we should be in for a real treat.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 12:52:09 AM »
Project Sonic 2017 (lol working title) has just been announced for NX. Holiday 2017. But let's be realistic, we only have a CG trailer so let's just say 2018. From the same people who brought you Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations (and also Sonic 06, odd how the left that one out).

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 01:05:45 AM by Soren »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 01:07:39 AM »
Finally! The first solid reason to buy an NX console!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 01:17:06 AM »
Apparently according to friend-of-the-site Syrenne, the current NDA says not to announce games for the NX. Guess Ubisoft and Sega don't care!

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 01:28:19 AM »
Apparently according to friend-of-the-site Syrenne, the current NDA says not to announce games for the NX. Guess Ubisoft and Sega don't care!

Or the NDA 4-Corner Games got isn't the same as the one Sega and Ubisoft got. I understand her frustration but Monochrono isn't Sonic or the one franchise that still moves tons of units on the freaking Wii in 2016.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 02:48:48 AM »
That Project Sonic 2017 trailer is like the opposite of the also just announced (but not for NX) Sonic Mania which incidentally is like the game Sonic the Hedgehog 4 should have been.
I'm not a huge Sonic fan (like the character more than the games), but the tone of Project Sonic 2017 rubs me the wrong way. It seems too serious.

In any case, I'm going to buy an entirely new console to play a game available on a console I already own because my life doesn't make sense.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 09:34:36 AM »
I'd like to imagine since the Sonic Mania trailer says it's Spring 2017, it'll be available for the NX launch as well.  Since it's being done by a different team then Project Sonic maybe they thought they couldn't reveal it's an NX game since Nintendo hasn't announced the system yet while the Project Sonic team didn't care?  I mean it's a retro 2D platformer staring Sonic, two things that sell the best by far on Nintendo platforms so Sega wouldn't be that stupid not to release it on the NX, especially at launch when hype will be highest?

Then again this is the same company that hired the developers of Pokemon to make a 2D Donkey Kong County platformer staring a cartoon elephant and then released it on every platform, except Nintendo ones, you know the platforms with the majority of the audience for said title.  And of course said game sells like **** since you know, the audience for it is an Nintendo platforms which Sega refused to release it on.

So I'd like to remain optimistic that Sonic Mania will also be hitting the NX as well but considering Sega's long continued history of dumb decisions, I'll keep my fingers crossed until I see the official announcement.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 10:24:04 AM »
Looking at their resumes, I don't think Christian Whitehead and Pagoda West are the kind of devs who get dev kits in advance. I also don't think Sega has their hands directly tied to this project aside from overseeing it and protecting their IP. I fully expect Sonic Mania to be on NX but like many of us, Whitehead and Pagoda West are like, yo:

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2016, 11:38:39 AM »
Sure, I expect Sonic Mania on NX for reasons already stated. It just seems odd for Sega to announce one for NX without the other. Christian Whitehead, Headcannon, and Pagoda West may not get development kits in advance, but Sega is the publisher. It knows which platforms it wants to release Sonic Mania. I'd suggest maybe Nintendo asked Sega not to mention NX except Sega announced Project Sonic 2017 for NX so the whole thing is just confusing to me.

One thing I think would be cool is if NX is the only platform that gets a physical release... on a cartridge and the special edition is packaged in a Genesis-inspired box.

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2016, 02:04:37 PM »
That Sonic Mania trailer is over 9000x cooler than the Sonic 2017 one.

If Mania is any good it will eventually show up on NX.

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 02:05:50 PM »
Sure, I expect Sonic Mania on NX for reasons already stated. It just seems odd for Sega to announce one for NX without the other. Christian Whitehead, Headcannon, and Pagoda West may not get development kits in advance, but Sega is the publisher. It knows which platforms it wants to release Sonic Mania. I'd suggest maybe Nintendo asked Sega not to mention NX except Sega announced Project Sonic 2017 for NX so the whole thing is just confusing to me.

One thing I think would be cool is if NX is the only platform that gets a physical release... on a cartridge and the special edition is packaged in a Genesis-inspired box.

That would be really cool. Seems like the kind of thing that would happen only in Japan... I really wish Nintendo would instigate things like this, though.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 11:07:19 PM »

The only thing I can think of is Nintendo wants to keep its launch details as much of a secret as possible. With Mania coming right at the NX's launch window maybe they don't want Sega spilling the beans. Not Generations 2 coming whenever? Meh.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2016, 01:01:13 AM »
Squeenix has reconfirmed Dragon Quest X is coming to NX (along with PS4). It will most likely stay in Japan but hey, it counts and I'm sure dreaming has never been cheaper.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2016, 01:05:53 AM »
Maybe the NX will be region free!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2016, 01:00:16 PM »
Squeenix has reconfirmed Dragon Quest X is coming to NX (along with PS4). It will most likely stay in Japan but hey, it counts and I'm sure dreaming has never been cheaper.
"Reconfirmed"? When was this confirmed the first time? Just curious, I don't recall hearing about it.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2016, 01:57:40 PM »
"Reconfirmed"? When was this confirmed the first time? Just curious, I don't recall hearing about it.
The Dragon Quest event where they announced Dragon Quest XI, it was mentioned that Dragon Quest X would be coming to PS4 and NX.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 02:26:36 PM »
The Dragon Quest event where they announced Dragon Quest XI, it was mentioned that Dragon Quest X would be coming to PS4 and NX.
Ah, thanks mate. I must've skimmed over that from being more interested in DQ XI.

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2016, 04:37:28 PM »

Why make the financial investment for a game like this and then "skimp" on localizing it to markets waaay bigger? Does Dragon Quest really get that little love in other regions?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2016, 04:57:16 PM »
The market for MMOs is shrinking by the day, and the platforms DQX is on would be dead, dead, not suitable because it's streaming, and already served by FFXIV. (Wii, Wii U, 3DS, PS4). Add that to the fact that Dragon Quest games are still never guaranteed to be localized (witness the three year wait for VII) and X is below the bottom of the Squenix priority list for localization.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2016, 10:53:34 PM »
The market for MMOs is shrinking by the day..

*cough* PokemonGo *cough*
black fairy tales are better at sports