Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1186485 times)

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3775 on: June 02, 2016, 03:01:59 AM »
It's raining them right now! What an insane way to mark 100 episodes, and truly well earned when you realise:

1 - This is only the second time in the entire series he's gone dark.
2 - But in both cases its directly caused by Grace, the first when Samaritan kidnapped Grace and he tells Shaw and Reese to "kill them all".
3 - People laying down their lives for him (despite him not asking for that repeatedly) and it's his mistakes that caused that to happen

And then we get Root firing the big guns out of the sunroof of the car while steering with her foot.

One of the best of the series i think - and given that bar is already very high with If Then Else and The Devil's Share that's good company.

It also presents something Finch has been trying to avoid the entire series: what happens when you give Finch (the admin) permanent God Mode? The show is going out with an almighty bang and i'm glad it is.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 03:08:46 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: June 07, 2016, 10:14:40 PM »
POI

Did they just set up a spin-off show?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: June 08, 2016, 02:12:25 AM »
POI

Did they just set up a spin-off show?

Yes. well... maybe not exactly a show... maybe a mini series, or TV movie. but they certainly opened the door for the story to continue in some way or another.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: June 08, 2016, 05:31:28 PM »
PoIRest in Peace Cocopuffs.

I managed to get some dust in my eye. It is both sad and fitting that she is buried as nothing more than a number. Even before Team machine she didn't have an ID, it was just a series of numbers she would dump and move on without regret.

Finch is setting up for something epic. He was Ice cold with that Airforce Officer. I don't think he would actually follow through with his threat, but that delivery was just scary. Kill Sammy Harold.

The funny thing about the CFC story is that the same person invented Leaded Petrol and pushed it even though he knew it was harmful so the comparison is a bit flat. Dude is bad scientist who wanted money, not to help the world.

LOL Shaw repeating that tibit about dude having a bum Knee.

It is genius that the writers "Boxed" the Machine at the start of the series. If it was an open system from the start it would have been a pretty poor show as it would have been literal Deus Machina all the time.

While I would love a spin-off show or a movie of some sort, I wouldn't want to follow the DC team. I would want to follow someone who really doesn't know what is going on.
[/spoiler]
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: June 16, 2016, 03:39:23 AM »
PoIRest in Peace Cocopuffs.

I managed to get some dust in my eye. It is both sad and fitting that she is buried as nothing more than a number. Even before Team machine she didn't have an ID, it was just a series of numbers she would dump and move on without regret.

Finch is setting up for something epic. He was Ice cold with that Airforce Officer. I don't think he would actually follow through with his threat, but that delivery was just scary. Kill Sammy Harold.

The funny thing about the CFC story is that the same person invented Leaded Petrol and pushed it even though he knew it was harmful so the comparison is a bit flat. Dude is bad scientist who wanted money, not to help the world.

LOL Shaw repeating that tibit about dude having a bum Knee.

It is genius that the writers "Boxed" the Machine at the start of the series. If it was an open system from the start it would have been a pretty poor show as it would have been literal Deus Machina all the time.

While I would love a spin-off show or a movie of some sort, I wouldn't want to follow the DC team. I would want to follow someone who really doesn't know what is going on.
[/spoiler]

This i completely agree with. Making the machinea closed system has allowed the show to develop her into being her own character over five seasons, even though in four of them she never directly spoke. It takes some extremely good writing to do that with a character that's never seen or heard directly and only ever referred to in the third person by other characters, even if they're standing with her.

I'm sad they killed off Greer, but he was as loyal to Samaritan as Root was to her. Finch is on a rampage and is giving me moments of Ben Linus.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/the-triumphant-rise-and-mysterious-fall-of-person-of-interes - According to this interview the producers didn't even know about the cancellation themselves until late and even then the writers just announced it themselves. Meanwhile CBS kept pushing "numbers of the week" episodes on them.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 04:02:53 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3780 on: June 20, 2016, 01:16:34 AM »
Game of Thrones - Holy Fucking ****/10

All around badass episode, possibly the best of the series. Season 6 gas been simply amazing so far. Definitely seems like the series is starting to wrap things up though, which kind of sucks, but it should end on a high note.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: June 20, 2016, 12:54:28 PM »
They were intense fights and I loved every minute of it.

I am devastated at one death: RIP Wun Wun. The other deaths were either not surprising or well done.

My favorite part was when Jon crawls out of the mess with Tormond and Wun Wun and they charge after Ramsey to break down the gate. I got a very Lord of the Rings feel, even letting out a cheer.

I am a bit sad though, this will be the last 'epic 9' since the last two seasons will be shortened and I've enjoyed the last few 9's a lot.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: June 20, 2016, 11:04:27 PM »
Some of it was not surprising, but the execution of the whole episode was simply perfect. Maybe 6s and 7s will become the new 9s?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: June 21, 2016, 03:35:05 AM »
Please tell me that wasn't the season finale (or even the episode before it) though... is this still a 13 ep run? and the next 2 are short?

That battle... both of them actually, were fucking great.
That ending was well deserved, and please tell me that the Lord of Light can bring back the last of the Giants...!?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: June 21, 2016, 10:37:12 AM »

I am really looking forward to this now....

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: June 21, 2016, 11:28:44 AM »
Looks good. I am not ready for the end...

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: June 21, 2016, 09:38:10 PM »
Game of Thrones has always been 10 episodes per season.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: June 21, 2016, 11:32:08 PM »
Has it?

How short are the next 2 seasons?
8 eps?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: June 21, 2016, 11:58:13 PM »
This is the last 10 ep season. S7 will have 7 eps and S8 will only have 6. But if you haven't noticed, the episodes are getting longer. This one was about 65 minutes and ep 10 will be 69 minutes. Less episodes going forward, but they will be longer as well. I think it will be great for story telling and balancing the pace.
My Game Collection

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: June 22, 2016, 02:22:41 PM »
Holy **** that ending. I have never seen a show end that well. It's a miracle considering the amount of fuckery the show went through. MAXIMUM NOLAN.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: June 22, 2016, 02:33:58 PM »
Holy **** that ending. I have never seen a show end that well. It's a miracle considering the amount of fuckery the show went through. MAXIMUM NOLAN.

I just finished it myself. I'm without words. That was incredible.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: June 22, 2016, 04:31:19 PM »
I'm a day behind right now as I kinda got into Sense8 on Monday, but PoI is priority watching tonight.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: June 22, 2016, 05:19:51 PM »
Yeah, I'm still kind of digesting and processing the end of PoI. I often agree with the sentiment of how many shows would be better off with a lesser episode count to avoid a lot of filler episodes. PoI is one of the few exceptions where I wish they had a longer season. There was just so much storyline and character action that I'd love to have seen further explored and expanded on. At the same time, it's one of the few shows where when it does its normal procedural case of the week, it can often be just as entertaining as the serial storylines. I love it all!

It does make the latter half of Season 4 and it's wheel spinning a bit more unfortunate because I wish they could have used some of those episodes to take on some of the stuff done in Season 5 but how were the producers to know this would happen? All the signs pointed to another full season order. It's rare for a show to be entering it's 5th season and still have so much story to offer and to keep getting bigger and better without going overboard. Just all around well-written, well-acted and well-produced. A true, true gem in the TV world landscape. It's a shame it was a bit hampered at the end with a cast member taking some pregnancy leave and then being compressed a bit in its final season by the restrictions but on it be CBS. Still, the writers and producers continued to do the best they could with the circumstances they had and continued to deliver an excellent product. In the past decade, there have been many shows that have started strong and had a good season or two and then began to falter. PoI was a straight line of quality. An arrow from beginning to end.

Thank you NWR forum members for putting this show on my radar and getting me into it. I'm not sure how long it would have ever taken me to clue in to this show if I hadn't seen you all talking so much about it.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: June 23, 2016, 01:14:01 AM »
I was in tears for about half of the episode's running time if that means anything.

Here is a little something for the fans about the final episode. John's missile death was only delayed when he escaped the first one, he was always going to die by missile.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: June 23, 2016, 03:02:25 AM »
Game of Thrones
Yeah, it would be shitty that there would be no more giants. I don't give a **** about Rickon, but that giant was cool as ****, plus theres Bran, Bran's way cooler than Rickon

They are kinda in a bad position though in the North though...All those guys that died in battle. Winter is coming.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3795 on: June 23, 2016, 08:59:41 PM »
I was in tears for about half of the episode's running time if that means anything.

Here is a little something for the fans about the final episode. John's missile death was only delayed when he escaped the first one, he was always going to die by missile.

That's interesting. I never thought about that or made that connection. When you contrast the fact that his first missile death was at a time in which he had pretty much lost faith in his government work and wanted to get back to his girl for whom he'd be too late compared to when he did go out in his second missile death where he had a purpose he fully believed in and was able to save a friend and the world, he still got a happy ending in a way. Though I was still hoping it would be him and Zoe hooking up at the end and working together in some way. Still, from the way the episode started, it could have been much bleaker and seemed to be heading that way with most of Team Machine sporting injuries of some sort.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: June 24, 2016, 03:12:11 AM »
It's worth pointing out that the actors of Zoe, Control and Leon were all unavailable so they were simply not mentioned. A longer season, or possibly another season would have allowed them to appear possibly...

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: June 24, 2016, 03:31:24 AM »
If there was a spin off they could start the new numbers team cleaning up all of those orphaned sammy agents who are now out of control yet are still organized. They could try to bring in a new ASI god and this time the team stops them before it gets deployed. If it is a dedicated team they can have them jumping around the world doing this.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: June 27, 2016, 01:52:45 AM »
Is anyone here watching Preacher on AMC?

it's based on a comic I've never read, and stars MCU's young Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper) and (his IRL wife) AoS's Lady in the Flower Dress aka Raina (Ruth Negga).

Is it just me or is this show just random, weird and kinda slow to get to whatever it is getting to?
It seems like there is some interesting people on the show, but the show seems so unfocused that I'm not even sure what is going on... but based on internet hype from those that have read the comics, this show is supposed to get real interesting real soon. It just hasn't gotten there yet. I have not watched tonights episode, but i'm losing interest in this quickly, so I hope it picks up and goes somewhere soon.

I can't be the only one here (still) watching it right?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: June 27, 2016, 03:58:14 AM »
Winter has come!!!

We finally got to see Arya as a badass and do the one thing we were hoping for the past couple years.

And the death toll really climbs in this one. Lots of deaths and in a lot of different ways. Also some characters "leaving" for one reason or another. Will they be back? Who knows? Maybe the non-star actors want out before the hype of the series dies out completely.

Super happy with the longer episodes. It allows you to really cover all of the various plot points in a way that does them justice. Only two sets of characters were not present Brienne and Pod must have gotten lost where Gendry is as both were last seen rowing boats, and The Hound with the Brotherhood w/o Banners.

They also left out the night's watch, so the season did not end where I thought it would with the Night's King finding a way through the magic, overrunning Castle Black, and passing South.

Is anyone here watching Preacher on AMC?

{...}

I can't be the only one here (still) watching it right?

The cast sounds interesting, but the crazy internet hype kinda turned me away from it. I've got other shows on my mind and just don't want to get into it. Let me know if it does get real interesting and I'll give it a shot then.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 07:23:26 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection