Community Forums > Movies & TV

Rate the last movie you've seen

<< < (1013/1309) > >>

Fatty The Hutt:
Xmen and F4 are Fox. Sony has Spiderman. Everything else is Marvel Studios (Disney), I think.

ShyGuy:
Primer whoa. I had it until about 3/4 of the way through the movie. I read a guide online after watching it which laid out most of the details (but not all)

azeke:
While Primer definitely got way too too confusing i still got the general gist of what was happening by the end. Neat movie.

oohhboy:
Mission Impossible Rogue Nation

A pretty good emulation of Bird's Ghost Protocol overall style and feel with it's continued deconstruction of the franchise and spy movies. The massive motorbike chase mid movie was a true stand out moment for the film although it is interrupted with an almost nuke the fridge moment that tarnishes it. No doubt all the biking was to make up for how little Tom gets to run.

The camera is nice and smooth outside of hand to hand fights which is a shame because the fights is good enough not to need them. Bolt on cameras are used to best effect during the chase scenes.

The bad was the gratuitous product placements, this is contrasted by how well it does its callbacks which are rewards for the observant viewer. There were an overuse of "smart" type devices which I guess was an attempt to avoid looking like the period piece that is the first mission impossible has become despite its use of then bleeding edge tech.

1>4>5>3>2

7/10

Stratos:

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on July 09, 2015, 09:58:10 PM ---I really should get around to watching all the Terminator movies for once. I finally got around to seeing all the X-Men movies for the first time last month. Well, except for Origins: Wolverine and The Wolverine. Still, all in all, it's been a pretty well handled film series. As much as Sony gets crap for how they've handled other superhero properties like Fantastic Four and Spiderman, they've really done a good job with the X-Men franchise as evidenced by the fact that no one really seems to be calling for Marvel to talk it back over. X-Men: First Class is probably the high point so far of the series.

--- End quote ---

Fatty is correct in the breakdown of film rights. I know for me the greatest reason that I am not calling for Fox to hand back X-Men is because they have handled it well enough, so there is little chance of it happening anytime soon. I would love it just to get everyone back together, but it just won't happen right now. It took a huge studio network hack and a failed Spiderman movie to bring Sony to the bargaining table.

--- Quote from: oohhboy on September 02, 2015, 08:59:10 AM ---Mission Impossible Rogue Nation

A pretty good emulation of Bird's Ghost Protocol overall style and feel with it's continued deconstruction of the franchise and spy movies. The massive motorbike chase mid movie was a true stand out moment for the film although it is interrupted with an almost nuke the fridge moment that tarnishes it. No doubt all the biking was to make up for how little Tom gets to run.

The camera is nice and smooth outside of hand to hand fights which is a shame because the fights is good enough not to need them. Bolt on cameras are used to best effect during the chase scenes.

The bad was the gratuitous product placements, this is contrasted by how well it does its callbacks which are rewards for the observant viewer. There were an overuse of "smart" type devices which I guess was an attempt to avoid looking like the period piece that is the first mission impossible has become despite its use of then bleeding edge tech.

1>4>5>3>2

7/10

--- End quote ---

I have a soft spot for number 2. It is a fun popcorn action flick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version