Author Topic: First Level, Crafting System Revealed for Hyrule Warriors  (Read 1215 times)

First Level, Crafting System Revealed for Hyrule Warriors
« on: May 23, 2014, 02:18:12 PM »

Freshly announced features include crafting ability-augmenting badges. Plus, we get our first look at Impa as a playable character.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/37505/first-level-crafting-system-revealed-for-hyrule-warriors

Hyrule Field is the location of the first level of the summer Wii U release Hyrule Warriors, according to a recent press release from Nintendo of America. Additionally, the upgrade systems for weapons and character abilities were detailed.

Today’s news solidified and expanded upon some of the recent info coming from Japanese outlets. The plot focuses on the evil deeds of the Sorceress Cia (Shia in the Japanese version), and there is mention of a kidnapped Zelda and a “disruption in the delicate balance of the Triforce.” Impa was also reconfirmed as a playable character.

In addition to the familiar setting of the first stage, the rest of the game is set to proceed as a “tour de force through the beloved locales of Hyrule,” so expect to see more traditional Zelda environments. Populating these levels are old enemies, such as Bokoblins and Lizalfos, as well as new ones.

As players proceed through the levels to uncover the main storyline, many playable characters with unique weapons and moves will be unlocked. Their weapons and abilities can be upgraded, as well, via collecting Rupees and other items throughout the game. Abilities seem to be upgraded through the crafting of badges, though this process has not yet been detailed.

Hyrule Warriors is due out August 14 in Japan and is currently listed as a summer release in North America and Europe. The game should be playable at E3, so expect more details then.

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: First Level, Crafting System Revealed for Hyrule Warriors
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 02:40:37 PM »
Any word on any type of puzzles in this game at all? Sounds like it'll be fun either way, but I always wanted a Zelda with a little less puzzles/talking to characters and a little more combat. Granted this will certainly have swung way past my ideal balance into the too much combat territory, but I'm still hoping there's a little puzzle solving.
I'll probably enjoy it either way, but I'm always hoping for games to be just a little bit better.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 02:43:03 PM »
I would have hated the villain if her name in North America was Shia. I'd be like, "I'm kicking the ass of a female version of you, Shia LeButthead!" Instead, I now can calmly play the game when it releases.

To be serious, I'm really excited for this game. I loved Dynasty Warriors Gundam (I couldn't really get into the other games, as I didn't care for the characters or material), so I'm sure I'll like this Zelda-fied version of the series! All of this new information makes the wait even harder, but then I remember that Mario Kart 8 releases in a week. Now I am happy again!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 06:48:51 PM »
I liked the Dynasty warrior series despite all the flak it got. It sounds like there is a little bit of change in the formula (last DW game I played was 5 so forgive me if I am mistaken), which is good. Really looking forward to this game
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09