Gaming Forums > General Gaming

What is the last game you beat? Thoughts/impressions?

(1/216) > >>

ejamer:
We have a thread where many people track/brag about new purchases... why not one to talk about games that you have finished (or are at least finished with)?

Recently, I've made a concerted effort to reduce my backlog and have completed the following games:

* N.O.V.A. (PSP Minis) - Got it for a dollar, still left disappointed. Functional FPS that really doesn't do anything to stand out or make it worth playing. Would've rather applied this dollar to any or a handful of other games.
* Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (3DS) - Has some issues, but lots to unlock and a fun game to pick up in short sessions. Still think that $20 is a stretch... but don't regret paying for it.
* PixelJunk Monster Deluxe (PSP) - Solid tower defense game that plays well. If you don't like tower defense then this probably won't change your mind though. Still have two bonus islands and many challenges to play though... will probably go back and keep playing despite seeing the credits roll.
* Suikoden Tierkreis (DS) - Slow start to this RPG, and the voice acting is... odd.  But after getting into the game, I really enjoyed the story and characters. Great production values helped make it a relaxing experience. Highly recommended, and made me interested in grabbing the PSOne Classic original.So what about you?

Pixelated Pixies:
I've finished these games up in the last two weeks.

Luigi's Mansion 2 - Adorable, funny, pretty... almost overstays it's welcome.

Harmoknight - So...much...polish! Also, those bird levels are hard as nails!

The Walking Dead Episodes 1-4 - Great character development and some good story threads. I'm not as enamoured with the gameplay though.

azeke:
Depends on what you mean by "beat".

I "beat" NSMB U last sunday, credits and all. But to 100% it, like i did with NSMBWii, will probably take just as much time.

Great final battle. I wish entire game was as zoomed out like in final boss fight. Enormous levels with huge changing environmental hazards and a tiny little red-blue speck that is Mario.

I already posted my thoughts on La Mulana and Donkey Kong 94 endings.

lolmonade:
Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was the last game I beat.

I had a great time with it.  You're certainly not going to get much of a story to it (which may be good/bad, depending on your preferences for Kojima storytelling), but I feel the game does a great job of making you feel powerful while still providing new challenges throughout the game.  The slicing is incredibly satisfying, although I can't place my finger on what about it makes it so compelling to do. 

The only big negative I have against the game is that it's woefully short, but I can see myself playing through it a few more times to get all the weapon/costume upgrades. 

Definitely look into it if it goes on sale anytime soon, and you're a fan of 3D Action games.

ejamer:

--- Quote from: azeke on April 25, 2013, 01:02:15 PM ---Depends on what you mean by "beat".

--- End quote ---

Totally subjective. I don't care if people see credits roll, but that's typically when I consider a game beaten to a satisfactory level. Everything afterwards is gravy.

The topic is just to give people who actually play through their games a place to talk about it instead of only encouraging posts from people who thrift/buy games.

--- Quote ---I already posted my thoughts on La Mulana and Donkey Kong 94 endings.

--- End quote ---

Awesome to hear that you finished La Mulana - Congrats! Having kids has limited TV time, and it's been a long time since I sat and enjoyed a console game.  Really need to get back on that game sometime though - it left a tremendous impression early on, and even if some puzzles become too obscure later it's something I'd like to keep playing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version