Author Topic: Innex Announces 3-in-1 Retro Adapter for Wii  (Read 3226 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Innex Announces 3-in-1 Retro Adapter for Wii
« on: May 16, 2009, 01:08:53 PM »
Authentic classic controls are made a reality thanks to Innex.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=18452

InnexÂ’s 3-in-1 Retro Adapter for Wii allows players to use classic controllers on their Wii system. By plugging this adapter into the WiiÂ’s GameCube controller port, players can connect NES, SNES and N64 controllers for use with classic Virtual Console games.    

The Retro Adapter is developed by Komodo and is being distributed in the United States by Innex. It will be available in June with an MSRP of 19.99.    

3-IN-1 VIRTUAL RETRO ADAPTER CONNECTS OLD SCHOOL CONTROLLERS TO NINTENDO WII    

Innex Secures Exclusive Komodo Adapter in Time for E3 Launch. Old School is Now the New Cool.

City of Industry, Calif., (May, 2009) -Backwards compatibility has reached a new level of cool with the launch of the 3-in-1 Virtual Retro Adaptor that allows gamers to connect NES , SNES , and N64  controllers directly to the Nintendo Wii™ video game console.  By accessing the GameCube port that is built in to the Wii system, the 3-in-1 Virtual Retro Adaptor allows gamers to enjoy older, “retro” games using the original controllers for NES , SNES , and N64 .    

The Retro Adaptor, developed by Komodo and exclusively distributed by Innex, will be available for demonstration at E3, Innex Booth # 2547, South Hall.  Product Highlights:    

• Compatible with Nintendo® Wii Virtual Console
  •  
  • Connects Through GameCube Port
  •  
  • Compatible with 1st and 3rd Party Controllers
  •  
  • Compatible with NES , SNES , and N64  Controllers
  •  
  • Analog Function Available for N64  Controllers
  •  
  • Suggested Retail Price: $19.99
  •  
  • Launch Date: Mid June
  •    

“Whether youÂ’re a young kid or middle aged gaming fanatic, the Retro Adapter is perfect for controlling all the great Nintendo  titles from the last 25 years,” stated Titi Ngoy, President of Innex. “The Retro Adapter allows you to step back in time and play all the classics the way they were meant to be played using the original controllers. The old school is now the new cool.”

Pedro Hernandez
    NWR Staff Writer

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
      • View Profile
    Re: Innex Announces 3-in-1 Retro Adapter for Wii
    « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 12:56:29 PM »
    $20 price tag and N64 controller support sounds like a buy for me. If I can find an n64 controller whose analog stick isn't ground to a fine powder.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
    • Score: -1011
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 02:44:19 PM »
    Cool, but how about an adaptor that lets you play GameCube games wirelessly without a Wavebird, just using a standard GCN controller?
    There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 03:25:19 PM »
    Cool, but how about an adaptor that lets you play GameCube games wirelessly without a Wavebird, just using a standard GCN controller?

Wireless extension cord?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
    • Score: -1011
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 04:00:11 PM »

Wireless extension cord?

Essentially, but one that connects to the Wii Remote like the Classic Controller so you had that functionality.  Besides, I can't find the extension cords whenever I look for them (yes, I'm sure you can find them online but I don't like dealing with that unless I have to).
    There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
    • Score: 10
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 05:03:03 PM »
    lol someone didn't close a [/b] tag
    FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
    Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 04:29:50 AM »
    it needs to combine with this:

http://www.hkems.com/product/nintendo/0803.htm

make the ULTIMATE adapter !!