Author Topic: Episode 793: My Colleague Bought a Novelty Fridge  (Read 1492 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 793: My Colleague Bought a Novelty Fridge
« on: October 16, 2022, 05:03:07 PM »

Please pre-chill your food.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/61824/episode-793-my-colleague-bought-a-novelty-fridge

I don't even need to tell you which colleague I'm talking about. You know who would buy a novelty refrigerator: Greg.

So we tried to have New Business but instead we talked about some trailers and then Jon Lindemann's technological gadgets. Did James predict Jon's purchase two months ago?

You tell me.

He also bought a Steam Deck, which you would think would illicit a lot more conversation than a fridge that isn't even a real fridge, but only if you've never listed to this podcast.

We literally spend the entire segment on this. No good reason for this, but we do. So after a break we dive into three questions from two emails. Why are all these older game makers getting into media projects? What weird license would we put on our game? And what Atlus game should be saved from the 3DS eShop oblivion?

You can send your emails here.

We're also asking you to send your suggestions for Wii U games (preferable eShop ones) for our next RetroActive. Send them to the same place as above.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 793: My Colleague Bought a Novelty Fridge
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 06:18:00 AM »
As an N-Gage collector who is aware of multiple N-Gage shirt listings on ebay, I found this very amusing.

The fridge talk was good. I have one preordered, but Im not sure when it is supposed to arrive.

I liked that email who said they listened to every episode, like I did a while back.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 08:16:54 AM »
One interesting part of the Steam Deck verification process is that they also consider font size, if the text is too small it doesn't get verified.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 12:35:37 AM »
On composers talking about their work -- Yuzo Koshiro has had youtube channel for years now and in several videos he talks his process and inspirations:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe_lUL6kLzZLS49SIdHly5A/videos
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks