Author Topic: PREVIEWS: Irozuki Tingle no Koi no Balloon Trip  (Read 2277 times)

Offline gypsyOtoko

• Japanese Correspondent, NWR
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
PREVIEWS: Irozuki Tingle no Koi no Balloon Trip
« on: August 08, 2009, 01:09:50 AM »
Matt takes a look at the short playable demo of the new Tingle game on Japan's Wii Nintendo Channel.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/previewArt.cfm?artid=19510

Today I finally took a look at the updated Nintendo Channel on my Wii, and while looking around, I spotted a trial version of the new Tingle game due out on DS in the next couple weeks, titled Iroduki Tingle no koi no Balloon Trip, or something to the effect of Coming of Age: Tingle's Romantic Balloon Trip.    

While I had originally heard nothing about this game other than its announcement with a promotional DSiWare widget a month or two ago, today I booted up the demo and found out that it is an adventure game similar to Monkey Island or Maniac Mansion. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that control is done with the touch screen, tapping an item or location once to direct Tingle to walk towards it, and then tapping it again to have the game offer you a choice of what action to perform on it.    

Once you have tapped a second time on the item the screen will shrink a tad, offering a border around the play area and revealing text-based options in the top left, such as 'Speak' or 'Open,' and several boxes showing the items you are in possession of on the bottom of the screen. The game offers rather large icons for each item, so in order to cycle through your items you spin a blue handle in the bottom right. In order to try an action or use an item, you simply tap to make your selection.    

The graphics are colorful and very cartoony, making somewhat stunning use of zooming in and out to make the environments more lively. In situations where you need to take a closer look at things, the screen fades out and then back in to a higher resolution image of what you're looking at, and offers you a back button to go back to the general play area.    

At the beginning of the game you start at what seems to be a small ranch, talking to your uncle. He asks you if you have that item he talked to you about. The object of the demo is to find whatever it is he's talking about in order to get yourself ready to go out towards town. When you realize you don't have what he's talking about in your inventory, he suggests you go talk to your aunt, who is in the front yard.    

After talking to your aunt you can then head into the house, which seems to be just Tingle's room, as the point of this game seems to be to make Tingle popular with the ladies, and the room has several items referencing beautiful women such as a poster and a figurine.    

The demo is incredibly short, ending before you even get a chance to pick up what it is your uncle was requiring you to get. All in all, its a fine sample of the kind of colorful, light-hearted adventure experience that this new Tingle game is sure to provide.  The game is scheduled to release in Japan on August 6.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: PREVIEWS: Irozuki Tingle no Koi no Balloon Trip
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 01:28:53 AM »
So probably no combat then?