Author Topic: Happy All Hallow's Eve  (Read 1437 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Happy All Hallow's Eve
« on: October 31, 2018, 07:16:14 PM »
First year at a new house, not sure what the trick or treat situation is going to be, so I bought three bags. I think the bags are smaller nowadays. They were out of Reese's (the GOAT) so, I got:
Butterfinger
Chic O Stix
Peanut Butter Snickers

Anyone dressing up?

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Happy All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 08:52:27 AM »
Butterfinger is underrated.  Was always my favorite as a kid.  We bought two bags and left them in a bowl at the bottom of our staircase.  We live on a corner lot without a sidewalk, and didn't want to force kids up our stairs since we weren't home to answer it. 

My six year old wanted to be Pikachu at first, but all the costumes available were basically onesies with a pikachu hat.  He ended up finding a Minecraft Steve costume he fell in love with and ended up being that.  It's actually a really cute costume, looks blocky and everything.

Target sold these Mariokart felt carts that you wore around you like a pair of suspenders, which is what my four year old son wanted.  So we ended up getting him a pair of blue jean suspenders, red shirt, a fake moustache, and a mario hat to go along with it. 

My wife and I weren't going to dress up, but our kids begged us to, so we surprised them on Halloween night when we picked them up from school in costumes.  I picked up a Luigi hat/gloves/mustache set, green shirt, and suspenders, my wife picked up one of those Pikachu onesies, and they we're pretty happy about us dressing up with them for trick or treating.

It's funny that they both went for video game character costumes though.  I make a point to let my kids discover and choose what they like/want to be, and the roads still led to Nintendo, lol.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 03:03:04 PM »
It was cold and rainy here so we got a lot less kids than usual. I bought candy that I don't like all that much so that I wouldn't eat it before Halloween, but now I have a fair amount leftover. So much for that idea.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 01:09:27 AM »
I took my leftover candy to work today and dumped it on the break room counter.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 08:10:59 AM »
I took my leftover candy to work today and dumped it on the break room counter.

Ah yes, as is tradition.